There are 193 users in the forums

With only 9 days left before Christmas in April, how do you feel about the Niners draft?

With only 9 days left before Christmas in April, how do you feel about the Niners draft?

At this point, I am nervous about Baalke and the Niners going into the home stretch. After going into free agency with almost $ 60 million to spend, Baalke did very little to improve the team. Now, he has a ton of draft capital to work with to turn this franchise around. With Cleveland "allegedly" shopping the #2 pick, the Niners could still move up to get one of the top two QB prospects after the Rams pick theirs. There is still the Kaepernick drama still lurking in the background, too. Where do you stand right now?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
same as I did last year when Trent f**ked it up
Little nervous. I'm hearing some teams have downgraded Myles Jack to a second round grade which is worrisome. Without any additional trades I see the draft going:

1. Rams - Goff
2. Browns - Wentz
3. Chargers - Ramsey
4. Cowboys - Bosa
5. Jags - Buckner
6. Ravens - Tunsil

If this plays out, it's sad because that's your list of blue chippers right there and we miss out on the tip top tier. We really need for a team to take a gamble on Jack and or slide up to take Elliott and then we are in business.

If that doesn't happen, the safest pick (again assuming no trades) would be picking Ronnie Stanley.

I sense TRADE DOWN...
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 19, 2016 at 10:21 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hoping to get one of the Qb's, but otherwise will be content with what we get a #7.
If we don't get a qb of one of the defensive studs we trade down for Shaq Lawson.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Little nervous. I'm hearing some teams have downgraded Myles Jack to a second round grade which is worrisome. Without any additional trades I see the draft going:

1. Rams - Goff
2. Browns - Wentz
3. Chargers - Ramsey
4. Cowboys - Bosa
5. Jags - Buckner
6. Ravens - Tunsil

If this plays out, it's sad because that's your list of blue chippers right there and we miss out on the tip top tier. We really need for a team to take a gamble on Jack and or slide up to take Elliott and then we are in business.

If that doesn't happen, the safest pick (again assuming no trades) would be picking Ronnie Stanley.

I sense TRADE DOWN...

If it goes like that then I would take Jack at 7 but if the Niner's feel he is hurt then I try and trade down with a time wanting to move in front of the Eagles to draft Elliott.
If we can't land one of the top defensive guys, I'm calling a trade down with the Titans at 15 for Stanley and we grab Shaq Lawson, top OT, or Vernon Butler

Worst case we draft Stanley which isn't awful but I'd rather get more capital and a solid player at 15.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:

1. Rams - Goff
2. Browns - Wentz
3. Chargers - Ramsey
4. Cowboys - Bosa
5. Jags - Buckner
6. Ravens - Tunsil

I sense TRADE DOWN...

This. If the Myles Jack medical recheck really was worrisome, bringing my list of elite prospects down from 7 to 6. I hope we either trade up and grab our QB or trade down and stockpile picks. God knows our GM needs as many darts as possible.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If we can't lane one of the top defensive guys, I'm calling a trade down with the Titans at 15 for Stanley and we grab Shaq Lawson, top OT, or Vernon Butler

Worst case we draft Stanley which isn't awful but I'd rather get more capital and a solid player at 15.

Agree

I'm not feeling the Stanley thing although he'd be a solid tackle.

I'm looking for more value and getting Conklin and then a Lawson or Butler would make my day.
49ers look like they may get stuck at 7, which would be awful

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SoCold:

yup and he'll f**k it up again
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasDuck:

They need to beat out the Eagles to get to 2 to take Jared Goff. The Rams will pick Wentz.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SoCold:

yup and he'll f**k it up again

Pretty much every year is the same. If he fxxks it up again, this will most likely be his last draft for the 9ers.
Originally posted by TexasDuck:

Their not stuck if Stanley is there...Titans trade up grab a extra 2nd and BPA at 15. I'll take that all day.
With Balke as the G.M i'm Scared beyond belief....lol
Share 49ersWebzone