There are 166 users in the forums

Jerell Adams-TE-South Carolina

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
We got Busta on the squa already. Enough with trying to make them gamecocks into NFL players SC just dont produce ballers.

Yeah, Alshon Jeffery sucks.

Anderson wasn't the same caliber prospect as Adams, which is why he went in the 7th round and Adams will be a 4th rounder at worst. Adams is a much more complete TE, he's bigger, faster, has better length and is a much better blocker.

Wow 1 out of 1000 players that comes out from that School.

Yeah the only reason why he is probably going int the 4th cuz this years TE class SUCKS!!!! They have been talking about this class being a weak point in this years draft so by default your boy gets cranked up a notch.

I am tired of us drafting project players we need some 3 or 4 year staters up in this b*tch already.
We got Busta on the squa already. Enough with trying to make them gamecocks into NFL players SC just dont produce ballers.

Chris Culliver, Stephon Gillmore, Alshon Jeffery, Captain Munnerlyn, Jared Cook, Darien Stewart, Melvin Ingram and A.J. Cann. That's not including Jadeveon Clowney who I still think once he gets rolling he will dominate.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Chris Culliver, Stephon Gillmore, Alshon Jeffery, Captain Munnerlyn, Jared Cook, Darien Stewart, Melvin Ingram and A.J. Cann. That's not including Jadeveon Clowney who I still think once he gets rolling he will dominate.

How many of those guys u just mentioned are All Pro players?

BTW sorry to rain on your Parade but Clowney is pretty much a bust. Dude can't stay healthy N when he is he really isnt effective shoot a 65% (healthy) J.J. Watt is still better then Clowney.

Yeah the only reason why he is probably going int the 4th cuz this years TE class SUCKS!!!! They have been talking about this class being a weak point in this years draft so by default your boy gets cranked up a notch.

I am tired of us drafting project players we need some 3 or 4 year staters up in this b*tch already.

Yes, the 4th round is the place where every other pick is a guaranteed starter. The 20 year of average of career games started for a 4th round pick is about 6%.

7% of players picked in that round historically become All-Pro's.

So you're generally not getting starters, you're adding depth and special teams guys, you're looking for guys that you can coach up whose skills translate well to the NFL, such as with Adams who right off the bat can run routes well and block which would get him on to the field sooner rather later, especially in Kelly's offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 19, 2016 at 8:51 AM ]

BTW sorry to rain on your Parade but Clowney is pretty much a bust. Dude can't stay healthy N when he is he really isnt effective shoot a 65% (healthy) J.J. Watt is still better then Clowney.

So u discredit a player cause the school he went to doesn't produce all pros? Lol we are talking about a TE in the 5th round area. And I forgot Jonethan Joseph who went to South Carolina. I will say that South Carolina has far more success producing Corners than any other position. I would be pretty damn happy if our corners were Joseph, Gillmore, Culliver and Munnerlyn that would pretty much be the best secondary in the NFL.

So u discredit a player cause the school he went to doesn't produce all pros? Lol we are talking about a TE in the 5th round area. And I forgot Jonethan Joseph who went to South Carolina. I will say that South Carolina has far more success producing Corners than any other position. I would be pretty damn happy if our corners were Joseph, Gillmore, Culliver and Munnerlyn that would pretty much be the best secondary in the NFL.

You sir have bad taste in players. Thank god u are NOT our GM.

He seems to know what he's talking about in terms of players, you're the one ranting wildly. Gilmore has been a very good CB in the NFL thus far, as have Joseph, Culliver and Munnerlyn.

So you are saying that Kent State is a better school to draft from than Notre Dame cause they have produced more all pros lately? And your clearly only think the good players in the league are all pros so let's just draft Miami players since they have so many all pros. Let's draft Artie Burns at 7 clearly he is a future all pro.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yes, the 4th round is the place where every other pick is a guaranteed starter. The 20 year of average of career games started for a 4th round pick is about 6%.

7% of players picked in that round historically become All-Pro's.

So you're generally not getting starters, you're adding depth and special teams guys, you're looking for guys that you can coach up whose skills translate well to the NFL, such as with Adams who right off the bat can run routes well and block which would get him on to the field sooner rather later, especially in Kelly's offense.

I never once said these players taken in the 4th will be all pro's in our discussion you just went around my post N started to add crap to it thats not even relevant to the subject at hand. I said the only reason why he is going in the 4th is because this years draft class blows. Thats it.

Ohh N by the way like it how you went from your opening post saying we should take him with either a 2 or 3 round pick to now settling for a 4th round selection which one is it? Another thing dont you think we have MORE pressing needs besides taking ANOTHER TE in the 2nd round? Doesn't Vance McDonald ring a bell?

C'mon ol' wise one u slippn' brah!!!!

So you are saying that Kent State is a better school to draft from than Notre Dame cause they have produced more all pros lately? And your clearly only think the good players in the league are all pros so let's just draft Miami players since they have so many all pros. Let's draft Artie Burns at 7 clearly he is a future all pro.

Who the hell is talking about Kent State? Yo thats a very bad example dude. No one is saying to ban SC from our draft boards i am just saying unless you have a stud coming out of that school maybe we should take a look elsewhere even if its from a smaller school. Example: Carson Wentz, North Dakota State shoot i am down with that.

Who the hell is talking about Kent State? Yo thats a very bad example dude. No one is saying to ban SC from our draft boards i am just saying unless you have a stud coming out of that school maybe we should take a look elsewhere even if its from a smaller school. Example: Carson Wentz, North Dakota State shoot i am down with that.

Because some of the Best players in the league have been looked over in the draft process. So threads on players with good potential are created so the poster can come back and say "I told you so!" and for the record I am actually agreeing with you that we shouldn't draft a TE in a weak TE draft class in the later round. I am completely sold on Jake Butt from Michigan next year.

And the Kent State reference was you bashing South Carolina due to their lack of All Pro players. Kent State has had James Harrison(undrafted) all pro and Antonio Gates(undrafted) all pro. So because scouts don't think a player is good and he has a 4th round grade or an undrafted grade doesn't mean he won't become a special player.
Share 49ersWebzone