LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Deal in place for the 4th pick?

I would assume Buckner is the target. Both QB's will be off the board by #4.

Buckner would be in play for Dallas, Jacksonville, and Baltimore. I think pick 4 ensures the Niners get him
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If the 49ers traded up that high for Wentz it would make no sense unless they are certain someone would jump in front of them.

...or if they want him bad enough to make sure they don't miss out. Don't know if I'd do that for Wentz. I'm not convinced that he's displayed sufficient evidence that he plays/reads fast enough to get the ball out on time and to the right guy in Kelly's offense.

But if they want him bad enough and know teams are on the prowl, then I would think they would secure the #2 overall pick.

But to answer your second sentence in my opinion, I think he is:

still makes no sense. why waste picks on a rebuild
My sources tell me if the Rams select Laremy Tunsil with the #1 overall pick the 49ers have a deal in place to send their next 10 1st round draft picks to Cleveland in a move to get Jared Goff.
If the 49ers traded up that high for Wentz it would make no sense unless they are certain someone would jump in front of them.

...or if they want him bad enough to make sure they don't miss out. Don't know if I'd do that for Wentz. I'm not convinced that he's displayed sufficient evidence that he plays/reads fast enough to get the ball out on time and to the right guy in Kelly's offense.

But if they want him bad enough and know teams are on the prowl, then I would think they would secure the #2 overall pick.

But to answer your second sentence in my opinion, I think he is:

I see the potential, and I like it. I'm also seeing plenty of downfield routes I'd call bad throw, good catch. Smaller windows and better CBs worry me with this guy. He could be very good. He could be another dude who can't put the ball where he wants it well enough and fast enough to beat NFL defenses. We'll see. We might not ever get within 5 picks of him.
Originally posted by genus49:
My sources tell me if the Rams select Laremy Tunsil with the #1 overall pick the 49ers have a deal in place to send their next 10 1st round draft picks to Cleveland in a move to get Jared Goff.

They way some people b***h around here about Baalke no moving up they'd probably love that trade lol
Good luck with that. Wentz will be gone by the 2nd pick so i don't know how that is gonna work out for Blockhead.

Only way it makes sense is if it is done while the 4th pick is on the clock and the player Trent wants is still there. But I'd still think it's not happening.
Get Wentz!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Good luck with that. Wentz will be gone by the 2nd pick so i don't know how that is gonna work out for Blockhead.

That's certainly what almost all of the Football Prognosticators are saying at this point. If the QB that CLE wants is still there at #2, they run to the Commish with the name on the paper. If not, #2 goes to the highest bidder who then takes the remaining QB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
No. Arnold is a solid writer. That's not where he got that

Dude the article links right back to the CBS mock draft.

The 49ers will make a trade with the Dallas Cowboys and move up to the fourth overall position and select North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, according to a report.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25554964/nfl-mock-draft-49ers-trade-up-to-no-4-spot-land-carson-wentz

The report they are citing is that mock draft.

This is from his Twitter discussion with a respondent named NinersNation:
https://twitter.com/geoffreyCarnold/status/722131301482913792

@NinersNation - click on the words "move up to fourth" (highlighted)

I can't believe he is seriously telling people to hit that link and that is his "source"!

Originally posted by Brando85:
I would assume Buckner is the target. Both QB's will be off the board by #4.

Buckner would be in play for Dallas, Jacksonville, and Baltimore. I think pick 4 ensures the Niners get him
now that is very possible and worth it,Would really like a QB, but Buckner will work to.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would cream my pants if we got Wentz.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
I would cream my pants if we got Wentz.

I honestly will say he's more of a possibility than Goff.

I can honestly say that I knew someone would trade up into the top 10, but I never would've thought it would be the #1 overall pick and this early before the draft. It was wishful thinking from the start that Jared Goff would fall to the 7th pick, I was hoping Tennessee would fall in love with Tunsil, but nope, that sucked!!!
OK, those still discussing this like there is an actual deal to move up to 4 realize the reporter's "source" is a CBS Mock Draft, right?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
No. Arnold is a solid writer. That's not where he got that

Dude the article links right back to the CBS mock draft.

The 49ers will make a trade with the Dallas Cowboys and move up to the fourth overall position and select North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, according to a report.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25554964/nfl-mock-draft-49ers-trade-up-to-no-4-spot-land-carson-wentz

The report they are citing is that mock draft.

In Oregonlive.com Arnold posits the Titans trading up to take Buckner, who competed with Mariotta as HS players in Hawaii. So much stuff being written...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 18, 2016 at 5:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone