LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

D-Money's All 32 Team 1st Round Mock!!!!

Happy late Sunday Night. Figured I'd drop this and get the zone started on an all teams mock draft. Below is something I've been thinking about and finally put in writing. Obviously things will change but for not this is where I'm at with this draft. The 49ers trades and rest of draft are listed below the full first round.

1 Los Angeles (From Tennessee) - Carson Wentz QB- No guessing here of the position selection, just the player. Wentz or Goff, I like Goff but the consensus is Wentz. Similar to Matt Ryan but with more athletic ability, very very raw.

2 Cleveland- Jared Goff- While we can all assume they wanted Wentz, they still need a qb. Goff is the consolation prize. Cleveland has to land a qb as they have absolutely no direction as an organization. 

3 San Diego- Larmey Tunsil- While they could go Ramsey or Goff. I think they follow the Cowboys' idea of past drafts and go O-lineman to protect their aging qb above all. 

4 Dallas- Jalen Ramsey- No question or hesitation here. Cowboys fill a huge need and get arguably the best player in the draft. 

5 Jacksonville- Ezekiel Elliot- Well everyone knows Jacksonville wants/needs defense. They have already started in Free Agency and have plenty of high backs after this one. I see them going all in on an ever-growing dangerous offense.

6 Baltimore- Joey Bosa- In Baltimore fashion, they wait for a top prospect to drop to their spot and go BPA.

7 NY Jets(#7 for Muhammed Wilkerson and #20) Myles Jack- NY Jets still have fire power up front on their D-Line even after the trading of Wilkerson. They do however want to add a special player in the middle to have one at each level of the D= Richardson, Jack, Revis.

8 Philadelphia (from Miami)- Eli Apple- Philly was obviously targeting someone here after their early offseason trade with Miami. Who were they targeting? Not quite sure it's Philly? However Philly's D was garbage last year and it looks like it lost most of their better players in the offseason. In typical Philly fashion, they reach. Eli Apple, they need corners and Apple shows tremendous upside.

9 Tampa Bay- DeForest Buckner-Tampa has a lot of young players, but still has needs along the D-Line and O-Line. With Bucker dropping to 9, it's a no brainer. Tampa pairs Buckner with Mccoy to shut down one side of the line on Sundays.

10 Indianapolis (from NY Giants)- Ronnie Stanley- Indy goes up and grabs a cornerstone lineman to protect A.Luck, much overdo. Stanley will be expected to play LT and I think he can. I expect Indy to add more Oline help early as well. 

11 Chicago- Reggie Ragland- Chicago has not had a stud linebacker since the Urlacher days. I think they have enough offense to get by but need a true leader on defense. Ragland is a tone setter; him and AP will have some great battles in the future

12 New Orleans Laquan Treadwell- N.O. needs defense but Brees needs better weapons to continue his high scoring career. Colston had been slowing down since 2011 and has still started. Cooks and Treadwell would be dynamite together.

13 Miami (from Philadelphia) Vernon Hargreaves III- Miami stays local, gets a great corner and keeps proving they are a team to look out for this upcoming season.

14 Oakland Andrew Billings- Oakland continues to build their defense. They need to have someone on the inside to draw the blockers down and allow all those edge rushers they have now a straight shot to the qb.

15 Tennessee (from Los Angeles)- Corey Coleman- despite wanting to protect Mariota, the Titans can't pass on adding Coleman to pair with Mariota on roll outs, play action, deep balls, or broken plays. Both have exceptional speed for their positions. 

16 Detroit- Robert Nkemdiche- Detroit has no problem taking risky players as long as they have talent. Nkemdiche has all the talent physically. The main questions has to be about his maturity and overall IQ. Whenever you hear draft rumors describing a player as 'strange strange' stay the hell away. The Lions don't care going boom or bust here. 

17 Atlanta- Josh Doctson- Well Atlanta has J.Jones, every single other weapon is no more than a complimentary player. Ryan with Jones and Doctson playing on the outsides make the Falcons a threat to win every week. 

18 NY Giants- (from Indianapolis) Shaq Lawson- still wanting to add to their defensive overhaul. They go with a player who plays a premium position and consistently produces. Lawson will have to produce the same numbers in the pros if the Giants are to be taken seriously this year.

19 Kansas City (from Buffalo)- Leonard Floyd- After Lawson goes, Kansas City has to find a way to replace Justin Houston. Going with another Georgia Bulldog, KC makes sure they have the defense necessary to compete in their division. 

20 San Francisco(from NY Jets) - Darron Lee- to continue the spree on the outside pass-rushers at this point in the draft, the Niners select Darron Lee to mix in with a great looking young defense now. Wilkerson and D.Lee changes the look of the defense tremendously. Lee has skills coaches can't teach, speed. R.Wilson will never be able to run to his side or he's getting knocked out. 

21 Washington- Jack Conklin- Continuing to build around their new franchise qb? and solid o-line pick last year, they go Conklin. T.Williams, Conkiln will make sure Cousins can keep his eyes downfield.

22 Houston- Vernon Butler- Houston is unbelievably hard to predict in the draft as they always seem to go boom or bust. Butler is a huge upgrade from Wilfork at this point in his career. Butler has the athletic ability the Texans covet. Expect Watts numbers to go up even more this year. Yikes!!!

23 Minnesota- Tyler Decker- No question the Vikings are on the verge of being considered one of the premier teams. However, they could stand to add even more muscle and grit up front. Decker has the perfect skills to play in a power run offense. Decker and Boone would be nasty together.

24 Cincinnati William Jackson III- He provides needed youth a position that needs to be addressed. Expect a huge falloff from the 14-2 season they had last year. It's still the Bengals and they lost numerous Veterans this offseason.

25 San Francisco (from Pitt) Kevin Dodd- We add a true DE to pair with Lynch. A player that allows us to get back to the big nickel packages. Our defense is just going to get better, Dodd, Wilkerson, Armstead, and Lynch on pass downs is something every team will have to respect. Our defense already has a lot of pieces, now it ranks right up there with all of our division counterparts.

26 Seattle- Germain Ifedi, the Seahawks always take someone early that was ranked much lower nationally. They have to go o-line in the first as their O-line actually got worst from last season. Russell does enough running already, he needs some help, if not they are allowing him to get hit even more so. 

27 Green Bay Cody Whitehair- Aaron Rodgers throws as much as any qb in the league. In my opinion he's the best in the league, but he needs to be better protected when throwing 50+ times game. Whitehair is the top rated guard and perfect for a fast and high out put offense. 

28 Buffalo- Sheldon Rankins- Ryan has always valued versatile defensive players and Rankins is undersized but ultra productive and has a motor as good as any dlineman in this draft. Ryan will always try and keep a solid front seven.

29 Arizona- Paxton Lynch .having very few holes, but an aging quarterback. Arizona has the time and reason to take a qb early. Lynch has the size Arians likes in his qbs. He also has the physical tools to develop into something special in a few years. 

30 Carolina
 Su'a Cravens- supposedly Carolina has been all over this guy and it makes sense to try and add another playmaker to an already dominant defense.

31 Denver Emmanuel Ogbah- Denver lost a lot of pieces this offseason. A lot of players on the d-line. However the one person they will have to replace soon is D.Ware. They can't afford to lose the production he brings from that position. His replacement is drafted early to learn.

49er trades:
#7 traded to NY Jets for Muhammed Wilkerson and #20, this trade makes too much sense for everyone. The Jets are loaded on the D-Line and could lose Wilkerson for nothing next year. Wilkerson wants to get paid and we have a bunch of money to throw his way. The 49ers get a young all-pro who demands attention and could be a new slightly improved version of Justin Smith along the d-line. I know everyone hates trading picks for players in mock drafts, but I'll go with the known commodity as we lead up towards the draft. Wilkerson is a stud, if the Baalke Chip Duo can pulls this off, we may have something here in management finally.

#37 traded along with a 4th, 5th and 6th round picks I like the idea of the 49ers trading up in the bottom of the first to grab a 2nd impact player in this draft. Time to be assertive and go for quality over quantity in my opinion. Go get some young guys that make a difference not just fill out a roster.

Colin Kaepernick traded to Denver along with a 4th* in 2017 for #63. This trade is just a matter of when not if. I'm guessing the 49ers aren't budging from their demands of a 2nd pick for Kaep, but the 49ers throw in a contingent pick in 2017 based on Kaep's play time/performance next year.

Rest of 49ers draft:

#63 - Joshua Garnett- we have to add o-lineman early. I'd rather just build up the trenches and go with Gabbert at this point rather than reach for a rookie qb in this years draft. #

68 - Shon Coleman- add even more power and skill up front. Chip has to get lineman that fit his system, as much as I like Trent Brown, Tomsula made sure we didn't know what he is at this point. Is he a long term starter or was he a swing tackle/backup who can fill in for a few games in a row? Coleman adds depth and will push Brown/Zeedles for playing time.

#105- Traded to Pitt

#133- Rashard Higgins- Chip needs to get his lineman and his wideouts for offense, and he will. Higgins is a gem hidden in a deep middle round class of wide receivers. He has great game speed and runs great routes.

#142- Traded to Pitt

#145- Kevin Hogan- Probably the only qb besides the top two who can come in and play right away if need be. Considering we only have Gabbert on our roster at this point it's best to get someone ready to go.

#174- Tyler Johnstone- Chip Kelly adds more guys that fit his system. Johnstone adds depth to very different looking o-line all of a sudden

#178- Traded to Pitt

#207- Moritz Boehringer- Why not? it's a late pick, perfect for boom or bust players. See what happens

#211- Vernon Adams- We have to add another qb to our team. Adams is familiar with he system and could help the other qbs learn the offense quicker..

#213- Cayleb Jones- Great redzone threat and offers nice size. Could redshirt year one or could suprise and make the team.M
[ Edited by D-Money on Apr 17, 2016 at 10:51 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
like it
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Love the trade with the Jets and I think we should jump at it.
Are you projecting Lee as an ILB in this scenario for the Niners? Just curious.

Solid draft for the o line, QB and WR, but would like to see a RB or CB instead of another WR or OT.
Jaguars drafted TJ Yeldon last year. They just signed Chris Ivory. And you have them drafting Ezekiel Elliot?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I've heard Wilkerson is looking for $50m guaranteed. LOL at Trent/Paraag giving him that.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Happy late Sunday Night. Figured I'd drop this and get the zone started on an all teams mock draft. Below is something I've been thinking about and finally put in writing. Obviously things will change but for not this is where I'm at with this draft. The 49ers trades and rest of draft are listed below the full first round.

1 Los Angeles (From Tennessee) - Carson Wentz QB- No guessing here of the position selection, just the player. Wentz or Goff, I like Goff but the consensus is Wentz. Similar to Matt Ryan but with more athletic ability, very very raw.

2 Cleveland- Jared Goff- While we can all assume they wanted Wentz, they still need a qb. Goff is the consolation prize. Cleveland has to land a qb as they have absolutely no direction as an organization. 

3 San Diego- Larmey Tunsil- While they could go Ramsey or Goff. I think they follow the Cowboys' idea of past drafts and go O-lineman to protect their aging qb above all. 

4 Dallas- Jalen Ramsey- No question or hesitation here. Cowboys fill a huge need and get arguably the best player in the draft. 

5 Jacksonville- Ezekiel Elliot- Well everyone knows Jacksonville wants/needs defense. They have already started in Free Agency and have plenty of high backs after this one. I see them going all in on an ever-growing dangerous offense.

6 Baltimore- Joey Bosa- In Baltimore fashion, they wait for a top prospect to drop to their spot and go BPA.

7 NY Jets(#7 for Muhammed Wilkerson and #20) Myles Jack- NY Jets still have fire power up front on their D-Line even after the trading of Wilkerson. They do however want to add a special player in the middle to have one at each level of the D= Richardson, Jack, Revis.

8 Philadelphia (from Miami)- Eli Apple- Philly was obviously targeting someone here after their early offseason trade with Miami. Who were they targeting? Not quite sure it's Philly? However Philly's D was garbage last year and it looks like it lost most of their better players in the offseason. In typical Philly fashion, they reach. Eli Apple, they need corners and Apple shows tremendous upside.

9 Tampa Bay- DeForest Buckner-Tampa has a lot of young players, but still has needs along the D-Line and O-Line. With Bucker dropping to 9, it's a no brainer. Tampa pairs Buckner with Mccoy to shut down one side of the line on Sundays.

10 Indianapolis (from NY Giants)- Ronnie Stanley- Indy goes up and grabs a cornerstone lineman to protect A.Luck, much overdo. Stanley will be expected to play LT and I think he can. I expect Indy to add more Oline help early as well. 

11 Chicago- Reggie Ragland- Chicago has not had a stud linebacker since the Urlacher days. I think they have enough offense to get by but need a true leader on defense. Ragland is a tone setter; him and AP will have some great battles in the future

12 New Orleans Laquan Treadwell- N.O. needs defense but Brees needs better weapons to continue his high scoring career. Colston had been slowing down since 2011 and has still started. Cooks and Treadwell would be dynamite together.

13 Miami (from Philadelphia) Vernon Hargreaves III- Miami stays local, gets a great corner and keeps proving they are a team to look out for this upcoming season.

14 Oakland Andrew Billings- Oakland continues to build their defense. They need to have someone on the inside to draw the blockers down and allow all those edge rushers they have now a straight shot to the qb.

15 Tennessee (from Los Angeles)- Corey Coleman- despite wanting to protect Mariota, the Titans can't pass on adding Coleman to pair with Mariota on roll outs, play action, deep balls, or broken plays. Both have exceptional speed for their positions. 

16 Detroit- Robert Nkemdiche- Detroit has no problem taking risky players as long as they have talent. Nkemdiche has all the talent physically. The main questions has to be about his maturity and overall IQ. Whenever you hear draft rumors describing a player as 'strange strange' stay the hell away. The Lions don't care going boom or bust here. 

17 Atlanta- Josh Doctson- Well Atlanta has J.Jones, every single other weapon is no more than a complimentary player. Ryan with Jones and Doctson playing on the outsides make the Falcons a threat to win every week. 

18 NY Giants- (from Indianapolis) Shaq Lawson- still wanting to add to their defensive overhaul. They go with a player who plays a premium position and consistently produces. Lawson will have to produce the same numbers in the pros if the Giants are to be taken seriously this year.

19 Kansas City (from Buffalo)- Leonard Floyd- After Lawson goes, Kansas City has to find a way to replace Justin Houston. Going with another Georgia Bulldog, KC makes sure they have the defense necessary to compete in their division. 

20 San Francisco(from NY Jets) - Darron Lee- to continue the spree on the outside pass-rushers at this point in the draft, the Niners select Darron Lee to mix in with a great looking young defense now. Wilkerson and D.Lee changes the look of the defense tremendously. Lee has skills coaches can't teach, speed. R.Wilson will never be able to run to his side or he's getting knocked out. 

21 Washington- Jack Conklin- Continuing to build around their new franchise qb? and solid o-line pick last year, they go Conklin. T.Williams, Conkiln will make sure Cousins can keep his eyes downfield.

22 Houston- Vernon Butler- Houston is unbelievably hard to predict in the draft as they always seem to go boom or bust. Butler is a huge upgrade from Wilfork at this point in his career. Butler has the athletic ability the Texans covet. Expect Watts numbers to go up even more this year. Yikes!!!

23 Minnesota- Tyler Decker- No question the Vikings are on the verge of being considered one of the premier teams. However, they could stand to add even more muscle and grit up front. Decker has the perfect skills to play in a power run offense. Decker and Boone would be nasty together.

24 Cincinnati William Jackson III- He provides needed youth a position that needs to be addressed. Expect a huge falloff from the 14-2 season they had last year. It's still the Bengals and they lost numerous Veterans this offseason.

25 San Francisco (from Pitt) Kevin Dodd- We add a true DE to pair with Lynch. A player that allows us to get back to the big nickel packages. Our defense is just going to get better, Dodd, Wilkerson, Armstead, and Lynch on pass downs is something every team will have to respect. Our defense already has a lot of pieces, now it ranks right up there with all of our division counterparts.

26 Seattle- Germain Ifedi, the Seahawks always take someone early that was ranked much lower nationally. They have to go o-line in the first as their O-line actually got worst from last season. Russell does enough running already, he needs some help, if not they are allowing him to get hit even more so. 

27 Green Bay Cody Whitehair- Aaron Rodgers throws as much as any qb in the league. In my opinion he's the best in the league, but he needs to be better protected when throwing 50+ times game. Whitehair is the top rated guard and perfect for a fast and high out put offense. 

28 Buffalo- Sheldon Rankins- Ryan has always valued versatile defensive players and Rankins is undersized but ultra productive and has a motor as good as any dlineman in this draft. Ryan will always try and keep a solid front seven.

29 Arizona- Paxton Lynch .having very few holes, but an aging quarterback. Arizona has the time and reason to take a qb early. Lynch has the size Arians likes in his qbs. He also has the physical tools to develop into something special in a few years. 

30 Carolina
 Su'a Cravens- supposedly Carolina has been all over this guy and it makes sense to try and add another playmaker to an already dominant defense.

31 Denver Emmanuel Ogbah- Denver lost a lot of pieces this offseason. A lot of players on the d-line. However the one person they will have to replace soon is D.Ware. They can't afford to lose the production he brings from that position. His replacement is drafted early to learn.

49er trades:
#7 traded to NY Jets for Muhammed Wilkerson and #20, this trade makes too much sense for everyone. The Jets are loaded on the D-Line and could lose Wilkerson for nothing next year. Wilkerson wants to get paid and we have a bunch of money to throw his way. The 49ers get a young all-pro who demands attention and could be a new slightly improved version of Justin Smith along the d-line. I know everyone hates trading picks for players in mock drafts, but I'll go with the known commodity as we lead up towards the draft. Wilkerson is a stud, if the Baalke Chip Duo can pulls this off, we may have something here in management finally.

#37 traded along with a 4th, 5th and 6th round picks I like the idea of the 49ers trading up in the bottom of the first to grab a 2nd impact player in this draft. Time to be assertive and go for quality over quantity in my opinion. Go get some young guys that make a difference not just fill out a roster.

Colin Kaepernick traded to Denver along with a 4th* in 2017 for #63. This trade is just a matter of when not if. I'm guessing the 49ers aren't budging from their demands of a 2nd pick for Kaep, but the 49ers throw in a contingent pick in 2017 based on Kaep's play time/performance next year.

Rest of 49ers draft:

#63 - Joshua Garnett- we have to add o-lineman early. I'd rather just build up the trenches and go with Gabbert at this point rather than reach for a rookie qb in this years draft. #

68 - Shon Coleman- add even more power and skill up front. Chip has to get lineman that fit his system, as much as I like Trent Brown, Tomsula made sure we didn't know what he is at this point. Is he a long term starter or was he a swing tackle/backup who can fill in for a few games in a row? Coleman adds depth and will push Brown/Zeedles for playing time.

#105- Traded to Pitt

#133- Rashard Higgins- Chip needs to get his lineman and his wideouts for offense, and he will. Higgins is a gem hidden in a deep middle round class of wide receivers. He has great game speed and runs great routes.

#142- Traded to Pitt

#145- Kevin Hogan- Probably the only qb besides the top two who can come in and play right away if need be. Considering we only have Gabbert on our roster at this point it's best to get someone ready to go.

#174- Tyler Johnstone- Chip Kelly adds more guys that fit his system. Johnstone adds depth to very different looking o-line all of a sudden

#178- Traded to Pitt

#207- Moritz Boehringer- Why not? it's a late pick, perfect for boom or bust players. See what happens

#211- Vernon Adams- We have to add another qb to our team. Adams is familiar with he system and could help the other qbs learn the offense quicker..

#213- Cayleb Jones- Great redzone threat and offers nice size. Could redshirt year one or could suprise and make the team.M

No S. Calhoun OLB?
Love the Wilkerson trade with Jets. If Jed was not cheap this just makes too much sense. You get a 26 year od stud who can play out his contract.

WHY not address offense, you gave up so much to make a dominant defense when RT RG and QB is such an area of need???

Defense does help, but if a qb has no time, and no talent on O it will make for a long long season
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Jaguars drafted TJ Yeldon last year. They just signed Chris Ivory. And you have them drafting Ezekiel Elliot?

this^ makes no sense...I think they paid Ivory some good cash as well.
Although I hate the idea of trading back from 7, I am a big fan of Darron Lee.

Like the aggressiveness of getting back into round 1, and I'm very high on Dodd.

Would like to see the secondary addressed.

Overall, it would get a solid B.

Lee looked like a bust and bad play! and trade for wak and #20 picks? No thanks!!
I've been hoping for the Wilkerson trade for some time - [Not holding my breath but it could happen]

Not a big fan of Lee but it's a good pick

Still I'd have gone Conkilin.

Good draft.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Lee looked like a bust and bad play! and trade for wak and #20 picks? No thanks!!

This

The fact that Buckner and Myles Jack were still there is
[ Edited by Since07 on Apr 18, 2016 at 9:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

This

The fact that Buckner and Myles Jack were still there is

Yeah, I rather stay and use our pick on defense. Too much money right there.
Going from #7 to #20 makes no sense...taking Buckner at #7 is the right pick. I get Wilkerson's a beast, but he's also coming off a broken leg.
Share 49ersWebzone