There are 210 users in the forums

theninermaniac's Mock Draft Dream

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by Heroism:
7,68 and 207 isn't close to enough to move up to 2. Using the NFL draft chart, you're short by about ~840 points which is a middle first round pick.

On the pinned draft calculator by Kolohe it looks legit. For the sake of argument we could include a 2nd round pick for 2017, especially since the Kaep trade netted an additional pick.

The link in Kolohe's thread is for a fantasy football draft pick calculator.

Adding in a late 3rd/4th round pick and 2017 2nd round pick to this year's 1st round pick and 3rd round pick is still not even close to enough value to make that move. If we want to trade up to #2, it's going to cost us at least our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick this year and next year's 2nd round pick (if we're trying not to trade next year's 1st). That's a lot to give up, but it may be worth it if Wentz is a franchise QB and we'd still be in position to draft an elite player next year.

I could see the Cowboys agreeing to trade us the #4 pick for our 1st and 2nd round picks this year. That would be the ideal scenario in my opinion because i'd like to keep all our future draft picks if possible. According to the draft value chart, that trade favors them by 10-12%, but we'd still be giving up significantly less than what Wentz would cost at #2. If another team is interested, the price could be higher than that.

I like Spriggs and Prosise a lot (and the idea of looking for high ceiling players), but I would be shocked if Prosise is available that late. He's ranked #78 on CBS right now and has been talked about as a 3rd round prospect for a while. The guy looks like a natural at RB, has plenty of athleticism at 220, and his experience as a WR is a plus in today's game. 68 may be too high for him, but I think he'll be gone by 105.
No way Baalke surrenders so many draft picks, if he makes a move it's in the opposite direction.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Clearly you love Carson Wentz, if he becomes a star QB then he is worth all the picks you gave up and more. I'm not sold on him especially for that price
It not like we tell them who we are going to pick when we trade. And a 2016 3rd and 4th round pick, along with a 2017 2nd round pick, seems more than fair to move up 5 spots. Any way, compensation aside, the point is we move up for Wentz. If you prefer, imagine we are moving to 4 with Dallas and getting Wentz.

Lol doesn't matter, everyone thinks it gonna be wentz they will shop that pick to no only us and get the highest bidder. It's not realistic man, if you want us to get wentz your trading at the very least a 1st,second and thrid this year and most likely a 1st next year.

It's not compensation aside though it's messing up the draft (and your mock) for the next two years. I'm not saying they don't but you got to plan that we would be giving up a ton because that's the market for a QB is...supply and demand.
Really good effort NM!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It not like we tell them who we are going to pick when we trade. And a 2016 3rd and 4th round pick, along with a 2017 2nd round pick, seems more than fair to move up 5 spots. Any way, compensation aside, the point is we move up for Wentz. If you prefer, imagine we are moving to 4 with Dallas and getting Wentz.

Lol doesn't matter, everyone thinks it gonna be wentz they will shop that pick to no only us and get the highest bidder. It's not realistic man, if you want us to get wentz your trading at the very least a 1st,second and thrid this year and most likely a 1st next year.

It's not compensation aside though it's messing up the draft (and your mock) for the next two years. I'm not saying they don't but you got to plan that we would be giving up a ton because that's the market for a QB is...supply and demand.

Clearly Washington got fleeced in their deal for RG3. They were desperate to move up. It's all about the market and the motivation of a team to move up or down. Again, if you think the trade is too lopsided, imagine Wentz slipping to 4 and the trade happening with Dallas.

The bigger picture here is that we make a move up for a franchise QB, land high upside players at critical positions, invest in the offense, and replenish the O line.
Share 49ersWebzone