LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Perhaps we may trade down?

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
f**k trading down.

if bosa, buckner or jack is there at #7 then we take them. our roster isn't loaded. we need blue chip players.

This. One of these three should be there and any of them improves our team immediately.

The ONLY way I'd be happy with a trade down is if was back to 12-15, we land Leonard Floyd who IMO is just as good or better than Spence as a pass rusher and get an extra 2nd.
Reports are the Titans are looking into moving up to the top 10 as browns want to move down as Rams are picking Goff who Browns wanted according to Jason La Canforta
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Apr 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM ]
Sure is a good thing that we pulled out those last second wins against Chicago and the Rams! Good job Tomsula!
Hypothetical. If La Conforta is right and Rams take Goff. Browns stay pat and there are no trades 2-6. Buckner, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack, and Tunsil are picked. Carson Wentz is available @7. Titans call for Stanley and offer #15 and #45.

What SHOULD Baalke do?
Staying at 7 makes the least sense.

Trade up for the QB, or down for an additional 2nd

1.7, 2.7 <<<< 1.15, 2.7, 2.15
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Hypothetical. If La Conforta is right and Rams take Goff. Browns stay pat and there are no trades 2-6. Buckner, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack, and Tunsil are picked. Carson Wentz is available @7. Titans call for Stanley and offer #15 and #45.

What SHOULD Baalke do?

Draft Wentz.

That said, the Cowboys and Eagles both reportedly love Wentz so I doubt he gets to #7.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 17, 2016 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
f**k trading down.

if bosa, buckner or jack is there at #7 then we take them. our roster isn't loaded. we need blue chip players.

This. I'm so tired of people thinking it's incredibly smart to get more picks when our roster is garbage compared to some of our previous years.

We need talent and we need results today.

This is very likely going to happen soon:

1. Rams - Wentz
2. Browns - Goff
3. Chargers - Tunsil
4. Cowboys - Ramsey
5. Jaguars - Jack, Buckner or Bosa
6. Ravens - Jack, Buckner or Bosa
7. 49ers - Jack, Buckner or Bosa

We're more likely to draft Ezekiel Elliott or Derrick Henry than we are to trade down.
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
This. I'm so tired of people thinking it's incredibly smart to get more picks when our roster is garbage compared to some of our previous years.

We need talent and we need results today.

This is very likely going to happen soon:

1. Rams - Wentz
2. Browns - Goff
3. Chargers - Tunsil
4. Cowboys - Ramsey
5. Jaguars - Jack, Buckner or Bosa
6. Ravens - Jack, Buckner or Bosa
7. 49ers - Jack, Buckner or Bosa

We're more likely to draft Ezekiel Elliott or Derrick Henry than we are to trade down.

I think the possibility of trading down isn't that remote. If Jack's knee is messed up to the point where the team has pulled him off its board at #7, I see them either taking Lawson or moving down.

With the reports that the Rams are locked in on Goff and the concerns about Jack's knee, you could see things go down like this:

1-Goff
2-Ramsey
3-Tunsil
4-Wentz
5-Bosa
6-Buckner

At that point, moving down with someone that wants Elliott or Stanley starts to make a lot of sense. People keep including Jack as a "must draft" but if his knee is really that big of an issue, quite a few teams will pass on him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 17, 2016 at 2:58 PM ]
I'd think either Buckner or Jack would be at the top of Baalke's draft board...so trading down he wouldn't be able to get either one. I think the smartest move is to stand pat, just for that reason. Of course, they could have another defensive stud in mind, so anything's possible. Some teams feel desperate to trade up to get a player they really want, so I'm sure Baalke will listen to trade offers & pull the trigger if it's worth it.
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
Staying at 7 makes the least sense.

Trade up for the QB, or down for an additional 2nd

1.7, 2.7 <<<< 1.15, 2.7, 2.15

we could still package more picks and move up again late first or early 2nd

staying at 7 makes perfect sense
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 17, 2016 at 6:57 PM ]

Baalke going to trade up and grab Buckner with the draft day curveball
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 94949er:

I wouldn't mind Buckner.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 94949er:

I wouldn't mind Buckner.

Neither would I! After the QBs are gone I can see Trent with a hard on for Buckner.
[ Edited by 94949er on Apr 17, 2016 at 7:09 PM ]
I predict Baalke trades down and drafts who ever he believes to be the best 34 outside LB....maybe a Clemson guy maybe not.
If we can trade down a few spots and still get our top d target im all for that. Especially if we can net another 2nd rd pick. I say we go all in with kaep and this new staff this year and see what we can do. Potentially the top qb prospects will be gone, so i say lets stack the defense this year. Maybe add ol and wr depth late in rd 6. Other than that i say we draft all defense. 2 players at every level of the d would be insane.
Share 49ersWebzone