LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 156 users in the forums

AB's 1st(and maybe only) 2016 Mock

So I did a 6 round mock for my website, you can check it out here, http://pigskinprospects.com/jasons-sixth-2016-nfl-mock-draft-april-15th-2016/

I did 6 rounds for a reason, as we don't have a 7th rd pick, yet anyway lol.

But here we go. I didn't do this as who I neccessarly want, but how the picks happened.

7. OT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame
37. OLB Leonard Floyd, Georgia
68. OG Joshua Garnett, Stanford
105. WR Charone Peake, Clemson
133. CB Sean Davis, Maryland
142. ILB Steven Daniels, Boston College
145. DE Javon Hargrave, South Carolina State
174. NT Trevon Coley, Florida Atlantic
178. QB Kevin Hogan, Stanford
207. PK Roberto Aguayo, Florida State
211. WR Kolby Listenbee, TCU
213. OLB Alex McCalister, Florida.

Reason why I chose Stanley over either Buckner, or Jack is due to the unknown of Anthony Davis' future, and Trent Brown being not there just yet, plus Stanley could slide to LT after Staley is gone.
Hogan, and two O linemen in the first 3 picks? I can live with that J.
[ Edited by English on Apr 16, 2016 at 4:25 AM ]
Like the website I like the fact that you can click on each player and get a write up of each prospect....look like a lot of work well done.

I just can't see us passing on both Jack and Buckner for Stanley and I'd be pretty bummed if that happened. I think depth at OT can be taken care off later but I'm high on brown . Lloyd seems a little light in the pants for us.

I'm also not a huge fan of hogan and don't see the fit in chips offense. In all its a very realisitc mock of what just might happen.

Thanks
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 16, 2016 at 4:33 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like the website I like the fact that you can click on each player and get a write up of each prospect....look like a lot of work well done.

I just can't see us passing on both Jack and Buckner for Stanley and I'd be pretty bummed if that happened. I think depth at OT can be taken care off later but I'm high on brown . Lloyd seems a little light in the pants for us.

I'm also not a huge fan of hogan and don't see the fit in chips offense. In all its a very realisitc mock of what just might happen.

Thanks

Thanks NYniner85, I've put a lot of work into the site.

I agree to an extent, I love Buckner and Jack, I think they might go OT if Stanley or Tunsil are there, with the uncertainty of Davis. I love Brown also, but not sure if he's ready to be full time RT, I hope he is, cause he looked good in the end of 2015.

I love Floyd, dynamic pass rusher. I had a hard time with the QB thing, on one hand, I thought maybe Driskel, and then I went with Hogan.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the linking is an auto link, but I had to manually tell where each name goes to which page so Carson Wentz to his profile, and so on, a lot of work, but worth it. I am truly glad you and the rest like the site, been doing great, since Sept 1st of last year have over 70K page views.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Apr 16, 2016 at 6:44 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Hogan, and two O linemen in the first 3 picks? I can live with that J.

Thanks, English.
another mock I'm down with
Originally posted by PacTiger:
another mock I'm down with

Awesome, glad someone else liked the mock.
Nice mock, but I don't think Garnett will sniff the 3rd round, Also, Stanley at 7 makes no sense when you can trade down a bit, snag an additional 2 and draft Conklin, who is a much better fit in the zone blocking system, with an equal grade to Stanley
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
Nice mock, but I don't think Garnett will sniff the 3rd round, Also, Stanley at 7 makes no sense when you can trade down a bit, snag an additional 2 and draft Conklin, who is a much better fit in the zone blocking system, with an equal grade to Stanley

agree when it comes to draft night Garnett will go higher, but for this mock I didn't do trades, as I hate predicting or projecting them, tough as hell.

And thanks, appreciate the words.
Originally posted by TexasDuck:

This.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Thanks

Thanks NYniner85, I've put a lot of work into the site.

I agree to an extent, I love Buckner and Jack, I think they might go OT if Stanley or Tunsil are there, with the uncertainty of Davis. I love Brown also, but not sure if he's ready to be full time RT, I hope he is, cause he looked good in the end of 2015.

I love Floyd, dynamic pass rusher. I had a hard time with the QB thing, on one hand, I thought maybe Driskel, and then I went with Hogan.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the linking is an auto link, but I had to manually tell where each name goes to which page so Carson Wentz to his profile, and so on, a lot of work, but worth it. I am truly glad you and the rest like the site, been doing great, since Sept 1st of last year have over 70K page views.

Awesome man!
I am down 100% with this draft. Would love for it to go down this way!
Only problem I see is the kicker we could stash the best kicker in the draft on our practice squad someone would take him and we can't carry 2 kickers.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Only problem I see is the kicker we could stash the best kicker in the draft on our practice squad someone would take him and we can't carry 2 kickers.

So we roll forward with the best kicker in this and any draft over the last several years.
Getting Floyd and Garnett would be amazing, but most boards have them ranked higher. MadDog, for example, has Floyd 19 (mid-first), Garnett 39 (high 2nd). I think you've got them too low, but nice work all around. That would be a fine draft.
Share 49ersWebzone