LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 438 users in the forums

Phoenix 49ers 2016 Mock Draft V3.0

I like where you were going while doing this draft and I like the draft. I think the first 3 pick could all be starter at some point the OL is a big need. I wish they could draft an ILB a little earlier then the 5th round. I said this is one other mock draft and that is if they'er going to trade Kaepernick and they take a QB late in the draft. I think they should draft 2 QB. Adams and another QB Hogan, Kessler, Allen,?????? I like the Idea , if neither QB works out hopefully they can find one next year.
Im feeling if one of the top defensive guys are gone there's a chance we trade down...I'm down with it!

Love the players you picked big Howard fan. Not much else I'd like to change. Maybe if dak is around in the 4th but like you said we can't solve everything with one draft.

Conklin, butler, Garnett, Howard
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 17, 2016 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I feeling if one of the top defensive guys are gone there's a chance we trade down...I'm down with it!

Same! More and more, if Buckner isn't there and you have an option to trade down a couple spots or in the 15 range where you can pick up a lot of extra picks, you do it for the rebuild. We're not going to fix everything this off season especially with no play in FA and relying solely on the draft.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 16, 2016 at 9:01 AM ]
Man.. I would not be mad.

Dadi Nicolas reminds me too much of a Eli Harold type tho. Seems too small and will be handled by NFL OTs.
Originally posted by ChipKelly:

Dadi Nicolas reminds me too much of a Eli Harold type tho. Seems too small and will be handled by NFL OTs.

For this year I think you'd count on Eli to hopefully step up, Nicolas to throw something different at OTs and if those guys dont work, to go OLB early next year.

The main thing I was looking for is to solidify some areas of the team such as OL and DL.
Originally posted by dlance:
I like where you were going while doing this draft and I like the draft. I think the first 3 pick could all be starter at some point the OL is a big need. I wish they could draft an ILB a little earlier then the 5th round. I said this is one other mock draft and that is if they'er going to trade Kaepernick and they take a QB late in the draft. I think they should draft 2 QB. Adams and another QB Hogan, Kessler, Allen,?????? I like the Idea , if neither QB works out hopefully they can find one next year.

At ILB I wasnt really impressed with the talent that is available in terms of guys able to hold up in coverage. If Jack is off the board then you wind up with mostly 2 down thumper types or guys that are well undersized and cant hold up at the point of attack.

Kwiatkoski gives good coverage skills, great instincts and awareness, if he cant be a starter then at the very least you get a guy who will look to destroy returners on special teams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChipKelly:

For this year I think you'd count on Eli to hopefully step up, Nicolas to throw something different at OTs and if those guys dont work, to go OLB early next year.

The main thing I was looking for is to solidify some areas of the team such as OL and DL.

Agreed. Look at Harold already...up to 260 on one year. Between Carradine, Harold, Dadi and Marcus Rush (keep your eye on him after a year of training), opposite of Lynch and Brooks, we have a chance to have a good passrush via rotation or one of those players being so good we can't take them off the field.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
At ILB I wasnt really impressed with the talent that is available in terms of guys able to hold up in coverage. If Jack is off the board then you wind up with mostly 2 down thumper types or guys that are well undersized and cant hold up at the point of attack.

Kwiatkoski gives good coverage skills, great instincts and awareness, if he cant be a starter then at the very least you get a guy who will look to destroy returners on special teams.

True plus in a 3-4 the guy we need at TED is usually a defensive fullback used to help free up Bowman. Hodges can be that player. We are only so focused on a "coverage ILB" because of the scheme Mangini employed putting massive pressure on both Bowman and Hodges in long isolated coverages.

If O'Neil is intelligent enough, he'll play both more traditionally now and we always have the option to bring in Tartt to play Robber and get Bowman or Hodges off the field for better coverage and not lose too much in run defense.
I'd be good with this since Goff is now off the table :(

Can't argue that after QB the trenches are the most important part of the football team.
Yup! Like the trade down and solidify the both side of the lines!

High picks on O-line. I like it!
Great mock. Definitely bringing some BEEF to the Niners. Back to playing some smash mouth football!
VERY well thought out and Smart!!

No secret that I'm a "Wars are Won in the Trenches" guy and you hit some home runs.

Conklin is bad-ass and I agree he isn't a LT in the NFL BUT he is definitely starting caliber RT and will be the impact guy we can use.

Smart decision to move up and get Butler, he'll be gone by the end of 1st. The guy has real fire and IMO will be a star.

Garnett becomes the starting Guard.

We will now have time to develop Trent Brown and use Tiller as swing Guard.

Great job and the Best Mock I've seen so far.
All I can say to your draft is . Hope Baalke is lurking around here to see this
Well it's quite a love fest for the Phoenix.

I love any draft that shores up the lines. Well done.

I don't see the baalke/kelly combo drafting a smallish wr or a smallish rb. We're def taking a rb and I'll bet he's taken in the top half cause Hyde is no sure thing and chip runs the ball. I bet we don't draft a wr at all unless we get crazy value.

Another problem is that I while I see us drafting an OT I don't think it will be a RT. I want to see an upgrade to brown but the forward thinking would be to grab someone who can play LT should Staley go down. You said it, Conklin is not that guy.

As long as we don't draft a safety high, focus on the lines and hope some talent slides we should be halfway thru our rebuild.
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Apr 16, 2016 at 10:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone