LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Phoenix 49ers 2016 Mock Draft V3.0

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
This mock draft got me excited. A plus. I don't think baalke will pick a RB. Baalke seems to have the ability to find productive backs off of the street. Last year's squad had 3 or 4 legit starters that can back up hyde or take over in case of injury.

They've picked a RB almost every single year, no reason to change now.

The guys off the street were great when they had nobody else but there is a reason those guys were out on the street in the first place. I don't see anything wrong with bringing a guy like Ervin and letting him compete for a spot. I definitely expect a RB to be drafted somewhere.

Can't argue with this. Love the mock.
build the front lines
Originally posted by crew:
Really like your direction, similar to what I would do, trade down to #15 with Titans. Conklin and Garnett would transform OL and Butler would help solidly front 3 on DL.
One change I would do is take Peake in the 4th over Mitchell.

They are different kinds of receivers. Both have injury concerns. With Mitchell you get a guy who just moves the chains. I wasn't kidding when I said that Mitchell had legit 1st round talent. He was a well heralded recruit that came in to play DB and ended up WR. Has tremendous instincts and hands that allow him to adjust to the most poorly thrown passes. If he had a better QB throwing to him you'd see his numbers go a lot higher.

One comparison for Mitchell is Nelson Agholor who was the Eagles 1st rounder in 2015 so I could see Kelly showing definite interest.
My favourite mock draft this year.
well thought out draft Phoenix
Conklin and Garnett will be a great and we will gain good grade our Olines and protect my quarterback and make RB can success. OLines are very important and be strong to protect and make RB can better for successful
If Conklin will be gone then grab at Josh Doctson and Garnett
Since Kaep is gone, I would like to see a 2 QB draft and Adams is a solid late round choice. However, the rest of the draft is damn good, especially in the trenches. Well done, Phoenix.
Nice.
I'd propose one major edit to your draft, Pheonix, and I'd take Spriggs instead of Conklin. He's got a future at LT, whereas Conklin doesnt. I like his upside much more.

The trade back makes sense if all the favorites are gone, so does the Kap trade.

Conklin or Lawson make sense at that spot, prefer Conklin.

Not a fan of the trade up without knowing how this particular draft is going. By that I mean is Reed, Billings, A'Shawn, Bullard, and Nkemdiche still on the board? Decent chance one of them fall to us at the top of the 2nd.

Our 2nd 2nd gets interesting. Garnett would be a good choice, so would Kelly if he fall that far.
All of this makes a ton of sense, and the players, especially in the top half of the draft, are terrific talents. Although I can see Baalke drafting Howard, I am not high on him at all. The North Carolina game scares the hell out of me. The Niners seem to have a giant bullseye on Garnett

Nice job.
I like everything but the corner in the 3rd. Would rather get a pass rusher there or heck maybe even end a top center.

Love the oline oline picks.
I might even let Baalke stay another year if the draft went down like this.

This is AWESOME and reasonable. I concur that trading down to pick up pick in second could work this year. I LOVE that the OL right side is addressed right away.
The ONLY thing I would change is Vernon Adams Jr. I have him going to the Niners in round 4. He understands the verbage, is a good fit, and I do not want to miss out on him at QB. He could be this years Russel Wilson.

This is a win now draft, with allowing the younger players on the roster to try to contribute. Phoenix for GM
Share 49ersWebzone