LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Positions we need an upgrade in the draft or players stepping up.

1. RT Brown isn't quick enough to zone block. We know Pears sucks and we don't know what we have in Colin Kelley.
2. RG Tillerman might not be athletic enough to zone block, we don't know if Thomas is any good and Mrtin hasn't shown us anything. Devey sucks.
3. OLB Brooks is down to his last season and younger player is needed. Harold is unproven and Lemonier sucks. We at least need to upgrade the backups.
4. KR/PR we need someone that is a threat to score.
5. NT with Williams hurt a pick needs to be spent to upgrade the position, probadly why were scouting Butller hard.
6. Backup DLine we have no quality Depth with Dorsey out til mid season. Ideally Dial should be a backup for all 3 positions.
7. ILB Hodges and Whilhoite would be better as depth. Jack should be our most coveted pick at 7.
8. WR we need a starting WR in case Smelter and Rogers can't grab the open spots.
9. TE Celek and his 19 catches didn't prove that our TE position is solid. We have one guy that can catch, one guy that can block and one athlet.
10. CB we need a number 1 CB, Acker had some solid plays but I doubt he's ever going to be an elite corner.
11. QB drafting a QB number 1 isn't the only way to get a starter. You can also develop one. Take someone like Prescott, Jones or Hackenburg, sit them on the bench and work on their flaws for 2 or 3 seasons. Like Osweiler.
12. A 2nd RB capable of starting when Hyde gets hurt. Hyde needs to be handcuffed to another RB his entire career.
We need to upgrade EVERY position. Even LT or MLB if we have to.
For me, 1-7 are the priorities. Fix the front lines on both sides.

Defensively, Bring more pressure up front. Infuse more talent at DE,ILB. Add depth at NT,OLB. I'm fine with our young talented secondary. Gotta get pressure up front!

Offensively, Fix the OLINE! A LT that can play RT at the moment. RG that can play C would be great. Maybe an all purpose RB. I'm fine with our TE and QB for now. I want to see Gabbert just manage the offense with an upgraded OL. See what he got in the next year or 2. He's still young and I like his skill set. If we don't see any improvement from him then we trade up the farm for Rosen in 2018. By stocking our team this year and next year, we can afford to trade up if necessary.
I agree on the Oline we should use 2 of our top 3 picks on Oline. It would be easier if we could trade down with the Titans and grab an extra 2nd. We could grab 2 Oline and 2 defensive players in the top 3 rounds.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I agree on the Oline we should use 2 of our top 3 picks on Oline. It would be easier if we could trade down with the Titans and grab an extra 2nd. We could grab 2 Oline and 2 defensive players in the top 3 rounds.

Agreed. The lines have to be a top priority starting with T, DE/NT and then pass rush.

Don't forget Carradine at WILL too.
We should have one of the youngest roster in the next year or two. Supplement the team with free agents that fit our system in the next 2 years and we should be ready to compete for a playoff spot in 2-3 years maybe. But Baalke has to hit these next couple of drafts and the coaches has to develop them and put them in the right situation for the team to compete.
Upgrading the O-line with high draft picks is critical.
Share 49ersWebzone