There are 288 users in the forums

2016 NCommand's Mock Draft

Unless the team moves up to get Goff or Wentz, I fully expect them to go DL or LB first, regardless if they stay put or move back. Then address OL in the 2nd round. Just my opinion
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
If buckner, jack, ramsey, and both qbs are gone I wanna trade back. Bosa would be cool just moylt a fit. I like stanely but its hard to pull the trigger.

I think this is a very real scenario indeed. It also would give Trent more ammunition to get more "Chip guys" in the draft for offense. To put it into perspective, we've met with, from the projected 12th pick on (MD's board), Lawson, Alexander, Lynch, Coleman, Lee, Jackson, Smith, Treadwell, Dodd, Apple, & Billings in the 12-30 range. The only ones we didn't meet with (that I know of) is Conklin, Doctson, Floyd, Thomas, Decker, Fuller, Bulard, Butler, Spriggs and Whitehair.
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
Unless the team moves up to get Goff or Wentz, I fully expect them to go DL or LB first, regardless if they stay put or move back. Then address OL in the 2nd round. Just my opinion

I'm starting to lean that way to. We could go Bosa and Garnett 1-2 vs Stanley and Garnett.

Again though, my biggest fear is depth/quality along the OL especially at T. We saw the massive upside from Pears to Brown but what if Brown goes down this year? Staley has also been nicked up himself at times with age.

LOT: Joe Staley
ROT: Trenton Brown; Colin Kelly (Anthony Davis)

We have nobody unless fans feel comfortable with Pears making the team and being active to play T.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think there is a strong possibility that Stanley will be the pick at #7. Especially, if big boy doesn't come in a sign his retiring papers before the draft.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 15, 2016 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Admittedly, I don't watch coliege ball but I was able to predict both Ward and AA based on top team needs, Baalke's M.O. and in paying close attention to who we've visited with. I highlight in North's visit thread a number of key points from that long list. And of course, I'm using MadDog49er's draft board.

I'll go pure picks here but I do think if Buckner is gone, we are in prime position for a trade back. 60/40 we do just that.

7 - Ronnie Stanley, T
37 - Josh Garnett, G
68 - Austin Johnson, NT
105 - Dak Prescott, QB
133 - Eric Murray, CB
142 - Dadi Nicolas, OLB
145 - Kenyan Drake, RB
174 - BJ Goodson, ILB
178 - Kenny Lawler, WR
207 - DJ White, CB
211 - Vernon Adams, QB
213 - Parker Younger, T

I'd go in a different direction at 1 personally...if Bosa, Buckner, or Jack are gone I'd look to trade down with the Titans who reportedly like Stanley. Like all the names your mentioned not really a big fan of Johnson but he might be a solid value in the 3rd ( I'd rather go DE then NT that early).

I'm starting to lean that way to. We could go Bosa and Garnett 1-2 vs Stanley and Garnett.

Again though, my biggest fear is depth/quality along the OL especially at T. We saw the massive upside from Pears to Brown but what if Brown goes down this year? Staley has also been nicked up himself at times with age.

We have nobody unless fans feel comfortable with Pears making the team and being active to play T.

Very interesting draft of yours and it certainly fills a need. With age comes a tad of insight, and in the lead up to the draft fans get sucked into the hype (Goff/QB) and really forget where the roster is at and what the team is actually doing. Everyone's focus on the defensive line is good but they're building the defensive line argument around their desire to get player X. Yours goes in another direction entirely. People are forgetting how comically bad the offensive line was last season.

Regardless, this team needs to hit on somebody or Baalke is going to be fired.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Apr 15, 2016 at 7:41 AM ]

no one says they can't draft a OT with one of their other 11 picks
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think there is a strong possibility that Stanley will be the pick at #7. Especially, if big boy doesn't come in a sign his papers before the draft.

ehhh I think there will be better prospects there at 7...it would be very underwhelming if we spent a top 7 pick on a RT IMO. I don't see how they could pass up Bosa, Buckner, or Jack for him and unless some crazy trades go down one will be there (possibly two if someone falls for Zeke).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
ehhh I think there will be better prospects there at 7...it would be very underwhelming if we spent a top 7 pick on a RT IMO. I don't see how they could pass up Bosa, Buckner, or Jack for him and unless some crazy trades go down one will be there (possibly two if someone falls for Zeke).

Your probably right, but if none of the players you named is there when we're picking, it wouldn't surprise me if Baalkelly takes a tackle with that pick.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Your probably right, but if none of the players you named is there when we're picking, it wouldn't surprise me if Baalkelly takes a tackle with that pick.

If those three are gone that means Ramsey, tunsil or one of Qbs dropped which I'm fine with taking any of the three. IMO all three are better prospects than Stanley. So unless a bunch of trades happen I dont see how were forced to take Stanley unless Baalke likes him more.

This would be a solid draft.

I'm not feeling it for Stanley

I think Dak will be our guy
Any O-line help in the 1st and / or 2nd round I am all in for. Sure taking a WR is the flashy pick, but thats not how the team gets better. Solidify the O-line to allow Hyde more holes and give the QB that extra bit of time to find one of our below average WRs down field.
Niners are going defense in the 1st round. either ol or dl in 2nd trade up for a wr in the 3rd
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Very interesting draft of yours and it certainly fills a need. With age comes a tad of insight, and in the lead up to the draft fans get sucked into the hype (Goff/QB) and really forget where the roster is at and what the team is actually doing. Everyone's focus on the defensive line is good but they're building the defensive line argument around their desire to get player X. Yours goes in another direction entirely. People are forgetting how comically bad the offensive line was last season.

Regardless, this team needs to hit on somebody or Baalke is going to be fired.

Thank you very much! I take a What-Would-Baalke-Do (WWBD) approach. Ha. We should know by now.

Fans forget the year we took off, we drafted both Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati and had Gore ready to benefit. Baalke also brought in Jonathan Goodwin (see, Zane Beadles) and Kilgore back to 100%.

Pears was initially brought in to be a backup at G last year and had a bit of NFL experience at T too (mostly unsuccessful). But b/c of Davis bailing to become a Twitter Whore and Brown being so green, he was forced to start at T and it was game over from there along with some other poor personnel decisions and poor luck (i.e. Kilgore not healthy and Martin clearly was not ready and of course, who can forget Devey starting over Tiller for so long?).

Right now we have some massive competition at G and a couple others who can fill in at C (although I'd like a top notch C in the draft myself). Where we are thinnest, clearly, is at T (as illustrated above). Nobody should count on Anthony Davis. Colin Kelly? We have nobody here.

I understand the fans desire to get that flashy skill position too or an edge rusher (whether it's at DE or OLB) especially but we at least have several players expected to leap in year 2 in Dial, Carradine and Harold to go along with Lynch and Brooks at the SAM.

Tough to weigh indeed...what's best for the team?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This would be a solid draft.

I'm not feeling it for Stanley

I think Dak will be our guy

Totally...and don't get me wrong, he's not my #1 choice either but if we stay put and the others are gone (likely scenario), this is something we've seen in the past from Baalke and it turned out to be the right move even though it wasn't "sexy."
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 15, 2016 at 8:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone