LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

2016 NCommand's Mock Draft

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
But Bosa is an edge rusher. He and Dial play different positions.

Very true, he'd play the WILL no doubt but when you compare the rotation of the front 7 to our OL and depth and constant injuries we seem to have there, no doubt we're much thinner on the OL especially at T thanks to Anthony Davis.

Remember, we still have Brooks, Lynch, Carradine and Harold and I added Dadi too.

I get that their is some depth at OLB but we are lacking a ten sack a year guy. I'm taking the consensus top pass rusher in the draft over a second rated OT who would play RT more than likely for now. We can address OT later and if Davis comes back we'd have a good amount of depth there.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Definitely on board. I chose Stanley as well with Westerman at 3rd. It's imperative we fix the offensive line to have Gabbert or any of our QB a chance to succeed. The rest of your picks I'm good also. I would like another DE since it's a deep on that position.

Thanks!

And good point.
I get that their is some depth at OLB but we are lacking a ten sack a year guy. I'm taking the consensus top pass rusher in the draft over a second rated OT who would play RT more than likely for now. We can address OT later and if Davis comes back we'd have a good amount of depth there.

Excellent points. If Davis comes back, that could change things. I certainly get that. Pass rush is critical for us.

So which one would you go with at 7?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have no doubt nc caught glimpse of the draft board during the weekly meetings.
I use the big board for this.

Excellent points. If Davis comes back, that could change things. I certainly get that. Pass rush is critical for us.

So which one would you go with at 7?

I think Buckner is a clean prospect for us if he's there, Jack and Bosa come with more risk but are top tier prospects.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Any offensive linemen that's desire to play football is under scrutiny by scouts shouldn't go 7th overall. We drafted a guy like that in 2003, and it was a disaster.

Stanley scares me for the exact same reason. Not just because of Kwame, but Anthony Davis also had questions regarding his commitment when he was coming out in 2010 as well, and look what happened. Quality player, but left the game at 25. If he truly had health concerns, that's fine, but the 49ers are in the business of winning. I want guys who are fully committed to a long football career.

This mock draft overall is very solid though. The only pick I wouldn't like is Stanley, despite the need at OL. His talent is tremendous, but the questions regarding his commitment is a giant red flag for me. Would suck to swing and miss at 7. We need a sure-fire stud at that pick.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 14, 2016 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Stanley scares me for the exact same reason. Not just because of Kwame, but Anthony Davis also had questions regarding his commitment when he was coming out in 2010 as well, and look what happened. Quality player, but left the game at 25. If he truly had health concerns, that's fine, but the 49ers are in the business of winning. I want guys who are fully committed to a long football career.

Well said. I want my offensive linemen to be bullys, aggressive and finishers. Words often associated with a guy like josh Garnett.

Words associated with Stanley are timid, passive and lackadaisical.

EXCELLENT article on why Ronnie Stanley is the next Kwame Harris/Jonathan Martin

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/3/15/11236704/buyer-beware-ronnie-stanley-isnt-worth-a-top-10-pick
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Well said. I want my offensive linemen to be bullys, aggressive and finishers. Words often associated with a guy like josh Garnett.

Words associated with Stanley are timid, passive and lackadaisical.

EXCELLENT article on why Ronnie Stanley is the next Kwame Harris/Jonathan Martin

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/3/15/11236704/buyer-beware-ronnie-stanley-isnt-worth-a-top-10-pick

Agree. Don't see the mentality to dominate that you'd like to see from Stanley. Even in Chip's ZBS, it still calls for the o-line to block downhill on inside zone. It's still a downhill running game. We need guys that can generate push and finish to the 2nd level on the linebackers.
With players like Buckner, Jack, etc. potentially available I don't see Baalke drafting an OT with his first pick.

I don't see Baalke drafting a NT when he has Dial and Purcell who can man the position 'til Williams is ready to play. Maybe a pass rusher there.
Admittedly, I don't watch coliege ball but I was able to predict both Ward and AA based on top team needs, Baalke's M.O. and in paying close attention to who we've visited with. I highlight in North's visit thread a number of key points from that long list. And of course, I'm using MadDog49er's draft board.

I'll go pure picks here but I do think if Buckner is gone, we are in prime position for a trade back. 60/40 we do just that.

7 - Ronnie Stanley, T
37 - Josh Garnett, G
68 - Austin Johnson, NT
105 - Dak Prescott, QB
133 - Eric Murray, CB
142 - Dadi Nicolas, OLB
145 - Kenyan Drake, RB
174 - BJ Goodson, ILB
178 - Kenny Lawler, WR
207 - DJ White, CB
211 - Vernon Adams, QB
213 - Parker Younger, T

Need more pass rushers earlier in the draft....We don't have any go to guys on the roster who can generate heat at OLB

Originally posted by susweel:
I have no doubt nc caught glimpse of the draft board during the weekly meetings.

Shhhh! Trent usually just let's me leak the 1st round pick.
I think Buckner is a clean prospect for us if he's there, Jack and Bosa come with more risk but are top tier prospects.

Agreed. And great feedback from you all. I'll ponder everything and let Trent know. Should have an update prior to the draft...final mock.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
With players like Buckner, Jack, etc. potentially available I don't see Baalke drafting an OT with his first pick.

I don't see Baalke drafting a NT when he has Dial and Purcell who can man the position 'til Williams is ready to play. Maybe a pass rusher there.

Good stuff Corva. But we just signed Dial because we like his progress at DE and naturally, his ability to play NT too. The NT played the most snaps last year and it sounds like Williams will be out a while and who knows the extent of it? Same ankle?

Anyhow Purcell and the rookie can man the middle and leave Dial at RDE.

This draft is insurance to guard against one single injury. If Brown doesn't work out, we're screwed and everyone will blame Baalke for not shoring up the OL. We're more deep at DL but obviously, we already have a critical injury there. Plus our NT and DE can be very versatile as well.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

With the first four games being vs teams that run the ball well, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see NT as a high priority. I'm hoping to land either Buckner/Butler and Reader
If buckner, jack, ramsey, and both qbs are gone I wanna trade back. Bosa would be cool just not a fit. I like stanely but its hard to pull the trigger.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Apr 15, 2016 at 6:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone