LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

2016 NCommand's Mock Draft

Admittedly, I don't watch college ball but I was able to predict both Ward and Armstead as our two first round picks the past two years based on top team needs, Baalke's M.O. and in paying close attention to who we've visited with (and player research).

I highlighted in NorthBay49er's thread (2016 Draft Prospects 49ers have met with: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/184750-2016-draft-prospects-49ers-have-met/page8/) a number of key points/patterns from that long list (Post #117). And of course, I'm using MadDog49er's Big 253 Board as the foundation.

Past 49er drafts have proven to be an end result to a high number of picks associated with who we've met with originally (researched).

I'll go pure picks here but I do think if Tunsil/Buckner are gone, we are in prime position for a trade back; 60/40 chance we do just that. "When you're at seven, there's a likelihood that somebody could be calling to move up." — Trent Baalke

If T Laremy Tunsil (6'5" 315) or DeForest Buckner (6'7" 291 5.00) is available, this is a no-brainer pick!

Otherwise trade-back (60/40 chance) or stay pat with...

7 - Ronnie Stanley, T (6'6" 312 5:20)
37 - Joshua Garnett, G (6'5" 325 5.32)
68 - Austin Johnson, NT (6'4" 325)
105 - Dak Prescott, QB (6'2" 226 4.79)
133 - Eric Murray, CB (5'11" 199 4.49)
142 - Dadi Nicolas, OLB (6'3" 235 4.74)
145 - Kenyan Drake, RB (6'1" 210 4.45)
174 - BJ Goodson, ILB (6'1" 242 4.69)
178 - Kenny Lawler, WR (6'2" 203 4.64)
207 - DJ White, CB (5'11" 193 4.49)
211 - Vernon Adams, QB (5'11" 200 4.83)
213 - Parker Ehinger, T (6'6" 310 5.26)
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2016 at 8:04 AM ]
I like it I just wish we got a pass rusher earlier and the tackle isn't a big need with Staley and brown. Besides that very good draft.
We def need OL help which makes this draft very good. I think we might end up with Stanley and I'm ok with that. We need all the help we can get there. I dont care if Brown is ok or not you take Stanley there.

But we also need more pass rush help.

I think I figured out our problem. Too many needs!!
Any offensive linemen that's desire to play football is under scrutiny by scouts shouldn't go 7th overall. We drafted a guy like that in 2003, and it was a disaster.
Looks like a Trent Baalke draft. I'd say Listenbee over Lawler at WR, Fahn Cooper over Parker Younger and it's perfect. Heck, in a trade back Shaq Lawson Over Stanley and then Haeg over Nicolas.

Solid, no real shocking picks. Safe
You have Stanley rated higher than Jack or Bosa?
Originally posted by elguapo:
I like it I just wish we got a pass rusher earlier and the tackle isn't a big need with Staley and brown. Besides that very good draft.

I've gone back and forth on Stanley and Bosa only IF Buckner is gone. I went Stanley because if Staley or Brown go down, who do we have? Plus it sets up for a Staley replacement someday. Plus we already used a heavy rotation along the DL and just resigned Dial.

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
We def need OL help which makes this draft very good. I think we might end up with Stanley and I'm ok with that. We need all the help we can get there. I dont care if Brown is ok or not you take Stanley there.

But we also need more pass rush help.

I think I figured out our problem. Too many needs!!

Haha! Totally. Another option would be Stanley and then Kamalei Correa, OLB instead of a Chip favorite in Garrett, G.
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
You have Stanley rated higher than Jack or Bosa?

MadDog49er has Myles at 5, Stanley at 7 and Bosa at 8.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Any offensive linemen that's desire to play football is under scrutiny by scouts shouldn't go 7th overall. We drafted a guy like that in 2003, and it was a disaster.

TBF, I did have Bosa first and changed it. I've got two weeks to change it again. Lol
But Bosa is an edge rusher. He and Dial play different positions.

Originally posted by saniner:
Looks like a Trent Baalke draft. I'd say Listenbee over Lawler at WR, Fahn Cooper over Parker Younger and it's perfect. Heck, in a trade back Shaq Lawson Over Stanley and then Haeg over Nicolas.

Solid, no real shocking picks. Safe

Totally a Baalke-like draft. I had Listenbee too but the problem is where we pick in relationship to where they are projected to go.

And no doubt, with a trade back, the draft world really opens up!
His best board is his rankings, with the big board being a projection of where they go.
But Bosa is an edge rusher. He and Dial play different positions.

Very true, he'd play the WILL no doubt but when you compare the rotation of the front 7 to our OL and depth and constant injuries we seem to have there, no doubt we're much thinner on the OL especially at T thanks to Anthony Davis.

Remember, we still have Brooks, Lynch, Carradine and Harold and I added Dadi too.
His best board is his rankings, with the big board being a projection of where they go.

I use the big board for this.
Definitely on board. I chose Stanley as well with Westerman at 3rd. It's imperative we fix the offensive line to have Gabbert or any of our QB a chance to succeed. The rest of your picks I'm good also. I would like another DE since it's a deep on that position.
Share 49ersWebzone