3. SD - Laremy Tunsil
4. DAL - Jalen Ramsey
5. JAC - Myles Jack
6. BAL - DeForest Bucker

- Colin Kaepernick to Denver for 3.94
- Anthony Davis' rights to Indianapolis for a 2017 4th
- Bruce Miller to Jak for a 2017 6th

1.7- OLB- Joey Bosa, Ohio State 6'4, 275
Explosive edge rusher based on his 3 cone and 20 yard times at the combine. High motor player. Might push Brooks off the team or to a backup role.

2.37) RG- Joshua Garnett, Stanford 6'4, 312
Powerful, nasty run blocking mauler. Him and Trent Brown on the right side could be special.

3.68) MLB- Deion Jones, LSU 6'1, 222
Only one year of starting experience but he made the most of it with leading the team with 100 tackles and 13.5 tackles for loss. He also had five sacks, two interceptions, and three pass breakups. He became permanent team captain and defensive MVP. Might take a year of seasoning as a MLB but you can't argue his athleticism or aggressiveness. His 4.38 speed cannot be taught and he has the speed to make plays sideline to sideline and should be an impact player on special teams right off the bat. He has the skills to be a 3 down linebacker in the Pros.

3.94) RB- Paul Perkins, UCLA 5'11, 210
Ankle breaking cuts. Explosive and elusive. I think him and Hyde could be the leagues best 1-2 punch. Get this kid out in space and he makes plays.

4.105) DE- Willie Henry, Michigan 6'3, 303
34 tackles, 10 for loss, and tying for the team lead with 6.5 sacks as a junior. Good leverage, low pad level and and powerful hand strike. Athletic 3 tech. Has the skills to be a starter down the road.

4.133) WR- Malcolm Mitchell, Georgia 6'0, 198
Toughness and character define this guy. Can make contested catches, runs smooth routes and good ball skills. 24 years old and tore his ACL in 2013 but if he had better QB play he probably goes higher despite those points. 4th round is Balke's round to take a WR.

5.142) QB- Kevin Hogan, Stanford 6'3, 218
Consistent winner and tough. Extremely bright person. Doesn't always look pretty, but finds ways to make winning plays in adverse situations. Was the most accurate short-yardage passer in Pac-12 at 76.7 percent. Needs work on his mechanics and footwork but those are correctable flaws. Can't argue with his results though.

5.145) CB- DJ White, Georgia Tech 5'11, 193
Team captain and three year starter. He is a bit smaller and slower than the rest of the top corners in this class but he makes up for it with NFL ready ball skills and instincts which may put him in line to be our 3rd corner behind Brock and Ward

5.174) NT- DJ Reader, Clemson 6'3, 330 33 5/8" arms
Good 2 down plugger. Strong!! We need depth with Dorsey and Williams questionable for the start of the season.

6.178) DE- Quinton Jefferson, Maryland 6'4, 291, 33 1/4" arms
Ideal 3 tech. Disruptive, productive 1 gap rusher. Tore his ACL as a sophomore but came back as a junior and received All-Big Ten honors with 12.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, 1 interception, and a blocked kick

6.207) NT- Gerald Dixon Jr., South Carolina, 6'3, 327
Nice two down plugger. Prototypical 3-4 NT.

6.211) OLB- Matt Judon, Grand Valley State 6'3, 275
Small school DIV 2 pas rusher who annihilated every OT he faced. Had 81 tackles, 23.5 tackles for loss and 20 sacks. NFL ready body but is very raw and needs to be coached up.

6.213) TE- Darion Griswold, Arkansas State 6'5, 255
Production wasn't stellar due to the Arkansas State's offence. Former basketball player who could be a special TE with coaching.

Offense (26)

Oline (9)
LT- Joe Staley, Brandon Thomas
LG- Zane Beadles, Erik Pears
C- Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin
RG- Joshua Garnett, Andrew Tiller
RT- Trenton Brown

Receivers (6)
RWR- Eric Rodgers / DeAndre Smelter
LWR- Torrey Smith
Slot- Bruce Ellington
WR4- Quinton Patton
WR5- Malcom Mitchell

Tightends (3)
Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Blake Bell

Quarterbacks (3)
Blaine Gabbert, Thad Lewis, Kevin Hogan

Runningbacks (5)
Carlos Hyde, Paul Perkins. DuJaun Harris, Shaun Draughn, Mike Davis

Defense: (24)

D-Line (7)
5 tech- Arik Armstead, Tony Jerod Eddie
1 tech- Mike Purcell, DJ Reader
3 tech- Quinton Dial, Willie Henry, Quinton Jefferson

Linebackers (8)
LOLB- Aaron Lynch, Eli Harold
MLB- Gerald Hodges, Deion Jones
MLB- Navarro Bowman, Michael Wilhoite
WOLB- Joey Bosa, Tank Carradine

D-Backs (9)
LCB- Tramaine Brock, Marcus Cromartie
SS- Antoine Bethea, Jaquiski Tartt
FS- Eric Reid
RCB- Dontae Johnson, Kenneth Acker, DJ White
Nickel/SS- Jimmy Ward

Nickle/Dime:
LDE- Aaron Lynch
DT- Arik Armstead
DT- Tank Carradine
RDE- Joey Bosa

LB- Navarro Bowman
Robber- Jaquiski Tartt

CB- Tramaine Brock
CB- Dontae Johnson
CB- Marcus Cromartie
CB/SS- Jimmy Ward
FS- Eric Reid
SS- Antoine Bethea

Special Teams (3)

K- Phil Dawson
P- Bradley Pinion
LS- Kyle Nelson
KR- Bruce Ellington

PUP
NT- Ian Williams
DE- Glenn Dorsey

Practice Roster:
NT- Gerald Dixon Jr.
TE- Darion Griswold
OLB- Matt Judon
RB- Jarryd Hayne

Cuts:
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
MLB- Nick Bellore
S- LJ McCray
CB- Keith Reaser
OLB- Corey Lemonier
OLB- Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB- Shayne Skov
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Apr 14, 2016 at 10:42 PM ]
Disgustingly good draft. I love your ilb and rb pick on top of the first two. This is what I think we might do bc the draft will fall this way
This draft keeps Baalke around for a few more years, excellent!
Very nice and realistic mock! Well done. 👍
Bosa looks violent when sacking QB.Say hello to Wilson,Palmer and the new Ram QB. I like the other picks too.I'm on board with this draft
This is very well thought out. Too bad we had a dumbass as a general manager....
Love this mock. A little bummed about missing out on Goff, Buckner, and Jack. But Bosa will be solid, as will Garnett in the 2nd.

LOVE Deion Jones in the 3rd. I think he's great value there. Needs to pack on some pounds and gain strength, but he profiles as a 3-down linebacker that can fly around the field and cover.

Also like Malcolm Mitchell in the 4th. Injuries push him down the board, but I like his game. Solid player, kind of reminds me of Mario Manningham (when both are healthy).
Love your draft...I don't know why, but I think Hogan can become something with good coaching. Love first two picks, which are super realistic.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Disgustingly good draft. I love your ilb and rb pick on top of the first two. This is what I think we might do bc the draft will fall this way

This. Nicely done
I think this goes to show we have more talent than what is led on. This was a solid draft from top to bottom yet we only come away with 2 starters

I really think if Trent/Chip can kill this draft, we are a lot closer to competing again. I'm sticking to my 2017 prediction of us starting our run again and it starts this year with a draft like this!

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by elguapo:

This. Nicely done

This +1.

Would be pretty happy if it went down like this. Not a huge fan of Bosa's numbers, but he sure has a bunch of good game film.
Love it minus the QB I'd rather go Dak in the 3rd vs a COP RB and then grab a RB with that 5th....would have liked a OT thrown in there in the middle rounds too.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 15, 2016 at 7:47 AM ]
Fine draft!

Hogan doesn't get enough credit and I feel Chip could really develop him.

If we reallt draft him, "Hogan's Heroes"
Nice draft but I think you should of the lines again in round 3. A Spencer Drago or Leraven Clark. I think Davis is playing with us and if he does come back he will be out of shape.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Nice draft but I think you should of the lines again in round 3. A Spencer Drago or Leraven Clark. I think Davis is playing with us and if he does come back he will be out of shape.

The reason I didn't pick a tackle is because I still have hopes for Brandon Thomas. I'm not ready to give up on him. And if need be, we can start Pears. Yes, it's not ideal but I didn't want to spend a 3rd on a backup OT.
Share 49ersWebzone