There are 239 users in the forums

Geek's Post-Rams Final Mock

• Elric
  • Veteran
Ok! I liked your mock draft.

but our 4 positions of need are Olb, Ilb, Rg, and Wr.

If you picked up an xtra 3rd round Do your really want a 6th round Linebacker playing next to Bowman?
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Greetings......

If you could please put Tyler Matakevich at the top of the 4thrould to play next to Bowman
This would be a very workable board.
Thank you.

R1 - Joey Bosa - DE/OLB/DT - Ohio St | A blue chip prospect that can play a variety of roles. I don't make bold predictions, but I think Bosa could be our next Justin Smith. I see him lining up at DE in the 3-4 or 4-2-5 scheme as well as play DE and DT in a 4-3 scheme.

R2 - Michael Thomas - WR - Ohio St | Yes, another Buckeye. Thomas has the prototypical height and physical skills to replace Boldin at the position. A trio of Smith, Thomas, and Smelter/Patton will be dangerous on the field in Kelly's offense.

R3 - Connor McGovern - RT/RG - Missouri | Freakishly strong at the point of attack with good movement skills - an interesting RT or RG prospect in our zone scheme. I think he battles Brown for the starting RT spot.

49ers trade 5th round pick and Colin Kaepernick for Broncos 3rd round pick and conditional late 2017 pick.

R3 - Josh Ferguson - RB - Illinois (via DEN) | Speedy running back that provides a much needed spark to the 49ers offense. Dangerous weapon in the passing game - give him space, and he'll burn yah for a large pickup.

R4 - Tyler Matakevich ILB 4 Temple Sr6-0238
R4 - Cody Kessler - QB - USC (comp) | Out of all of the third tier QBs in this draft, Kessler is the most pro ready. Smart, accurate, safe. Competes for the backup spot.

R5 - Alex McCalister - DE/LB - Florida (via DAL) | Monster potential but off-field issues push him here. Long arms. Baalke pick hoping for Aaron Lynch 2.0.

R5 - D.J. Reader - NT - Clemson (comp) | Classic 2 gap NT that will replace Dorsey and TJE on the roster. Provides insurance behind Williams.

49ers trade 6th round pick (via SD) for 2017 5th round pick.

R6 - Reggie Northrup - ILB - Florida St | Competes with Skov and Wilhoite for a backup spot on the roster. Most likely a PS candidate.

R6 - Clayton Fejedelem - S/LB - Illinois (comp) | Projected as a box safety, but I see him as a potential ILB in our system. Needs to bulk up, but can provide some ST contributions in his rookie year.

R6 - Tyler Johnstone - OT - Oregon (comp) | Potential backup to Staley, but competes for a roster spot across OT and OG positions.
Originally posted by Elric:
Greetings......

If you could please put Tyler Matakevich at the top of the 4thrould to play next to Bowman
This would be a very workable board.
Thank you.

R1 - Joey Bosa - DE/OLB/DT - Ohio St | A blue chip prospect that can play a variety of roles. I don't make bold predictions, but I think Bosa could be our next Justin Smith. I see him lining up at DE in the 3-4 or 4-2-5 scheme as well as play DE and DT in a 4-3 scheme.

R2 - Michael Thomas - WR - Ohio St | Yes, another Buckeye. Thomas has the prototypical height and physical skills to replace Boldin at the position. A trio of Smith, Thomas, and Smelter/Patton will be dangerous on the field in Kelly's offense.

R3 - Connor McGovern - RT/RG - Missouri | Freakishly strong at the point of attack with good movement skills - an interesting RT or RG prospect in our zone scheme. I think he battles Brown for the starting RT spot.

49ers trade 5th round pick and Colin Kaepernick for Broncos 3rd round pick and conditional late 2017 pick.

R3 - Josh Ferguson - RB - Illinois (via DEN) | Speedy running back that provides a much needed spark to the 49ers offense. Dangerous weapon in the passing game - give him space, and he'll burn yah for a large pickup.

R4 - Tyler Matakevich ILB 4 Temple Sr6-0238
R4 - Cody Kessler - QB - USC (comp) | Out of all of the third tier QBs in this draft, Kessler is the most pro ready. Smart, accurate, safe. Competes for the backup spot.

R5 - Alex McCalister - DE/LB - Florida (via DAL) | Monster potential but off-field issues push him here. Long arms. Baalke pick hoping for Aaron Lynch 2.0.

R5 - D.J. Reader - NT - Clemson (comp) | Classic 2 gap NT that will replace Dorsey and TJE on the roster. Provides insurance behind Williams.

49ers trade 6th round pick (via SD) for 2017 5th round pick.

R6 - Reggie Northrup - ILB - Florida St | Competes with Skov and Wilhoite for a backup spot on the roster. Most likely a PS candidate.

R6 - Clayton Fejedelem - S/LB - Illinois (comp) | Projected as a box safety, but I see him as a potential ILB in our system. Needs to bulk up, but can provide some ST contributions in his rookie year.

R6 - Tyler Johnstone - OT - Oregon (comp) | Potential backup to Staley, but competes for a roster spot across OT and OG positions.

Our focus needs to be on pass rushers and maulers on the O line, would love to move back into 1st or 2nd round for best available at each spot, like OLB S.Calhoun / Bosa or a Guard like Garnett and best availble Tackle. We need 2 starters on O line and 2 solid OLB in rotation. Last years crew was exactly what our record said!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That QB depth chart is so incredibly depressing. But I totally wouldnt be shocked if thst is how things worked out.

Yeah I think it's a sad reality. I mean maybe Dak or Jacoby but that's not a huge upgrade.

We just need to give Gabbert some protection and weapons - and if he fails, we should be competing for a top 5 pick in 2017.

Or higher.
That QB depth chart is so incredibly depressing. But I totally wouldnt be shocked if thst is how things worked out.

Sadly, neither would I.
Love the first 3 picks!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Love the first 3 picks!!

Thanks. Baalke is taking a pretty passive approach to free agency and considering the number of departures and underwhelming performances from some of our younger players, I think it's a breadth vs. depth approach where you incrementally build a team to compete in 2-3 years.

The 2017 free agency could net us a slew of players to bolster our roster and we could go all-in to secure a QB in the draft to make sure competitive next year.

But for this year, the QB position ain't going to be pretty. But I'm excited to see Gabbert in Kelly's system and how our new HC cultivates the new and existing talent. And this draft seems to be pretty reflective of Baalke's habits. BPA with some trades mixed in.
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
That trade with Kap is terrible.

Its about the best the 49ers will do for a guy that they are looking to dump.

I think Chip and Trent want to keep Kaep. He is the BEST hope of winning in the tough schedule next year. It is too bad Kaep feels slighted by Jed York, he needs to get over it. Kapernick on the roster with Gabbert will give the team a chance to be competitive. Your above scenario we would be looking at the top pick int he draft next year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

This is always the first thing people look at when Mocks are posted.......don't lie!!!

Yea that s**t is grab a gun depressing

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Btw, I love this Mock Draft from top to bottom.

ONLY THING I would change, is that they draft two QB's instead of just Kessler.
If the Niners end up with this average group of players and only Cody Kessler, you can write off next year and book the Niners for a top 3 pick next year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If the Niners end up with this average group of players and only Cody Kessler, you can write off next year and book the Niners for a top 3 pick next year.

I think many don't expect the 49ers to win more than 6 games soooo, I'm pretty sure it's written off.
Share 49ersWebzone