LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Rams deal is the best thing to happen for the niners!

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
what are his characters questions? work ethic or trouble with the law?

Honestly I don't think Bosa can fit in our scheme but its hard to deny that talent. if Bosa was the only blue chip player left, Id pull the trigger. Stanley is riddled with bust potential.

Detained by by police, suspended at OSU, questions about him taking ecstasy, apparently he is a big partier that loves to go to raves, just a lot of stuff that has come out that has reportedly caused teams like Dallas to lose interest.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I think Baalke is breathing a sigh of relief now he can focus on the rest of the team on positions that will give us a quicker impact and then find a QB to develop in the later rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he extends Gabbertt for another year or 2 in case he has a good season. Kelly's system makes QBs better than they actually are we can win with an average QB and a dominating defense.

As sad as that is (that he appears scared to take a risk), I think you're right and I'm fine with the outcome of the Rams trading up. We are guaranteed to have an elite day 1 starter fall to us or provide us with a significant trade back piece. In a deep draft like this and a lot of holes to fill, that's not a bad options either.

Oh, and I fully expect Gabbert to have a solid season this year if he is the starter and I expect him to be back next year. He is the perfect QB for Kelly, whether people like it or not.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Lol at the idea that our pick is somehow more valuable as a result of this trade.

NFL teams clearly value Wentz/Goff quite highly if the Rams were willing to give up that much to trade up for one of them. Our pick would have been more valuable if one of the QB's made it to 7 somehow. Instead we're likely to get the 6th or 7th BPA (we still have no shot at Tunsil and not much of a shot at Ramsey).

Whoever the Rams pick at #1 would not have made it to #7 anyways so this doesn't really impact the 49ers at all other than that the team trading up is in our division.

6th or 7th BPA? Buckner and Bosa are arguably the best DL in this draft and both rated higher than those QBs. Jack is the best ILB in this draft since Smith may not even play this year and more than likely rated higher than those QBs. Both are positions of need and we will get one of them, if we want them. Not sure how that is a problem?
That deal great for the Titans and great for the 49ers!

1. We are almost guareenteed a top defensive player at 7 now. Before probadly our only option at 7 would have been Buckner, now there's a chance Jack or Bosa falls to us. This also increases the value of our pick.

2. It's likely that 2 QBs going that high, 1 or both would be busts. Now Trent does not have to worry about a QB in round 1 he can focus on what he does best defense.

3. Even if the QB that the Rams take is good that's a lot of potential talent that will not be going on their roster the next 2 seasons. Whoever they take probadly won't even start til year 2.

4. We are sitting in the perfect spot to trade back with Tennesee so that they can get Stanley. Reports said they couldn't decide if Tunsil or Stanley was better. They give us pick 45 to move up 1500=1500 on the Trade Value Chart.

5. If the Rams take the QB that the Browns had decided on they might bypass a QB all together or attempt to trade down with us at a cheaper price during the draft.

Does this mean we're gonna mock draft 500.0 from you now??
Originally posted by susweel:
JC says otherwise

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15202779/winners-losers-tennessee-titans-los-angeles-rams-2016-nfl-draft-trade-first-overall-pick

I actually disagree with the article. I think having Kaepernick and Gabbert on the roster and drafting BPA will make the more competitive team in 2016, The verbage of chip kelly and UNR are similar so Kaep should have the edge.

I say Niners are winners.....
Originally posted by 9erred:
I actually disagree with the article. I think having Kaepernick and Gabbert on the roster and drafting BPA will make the more competitive team in 2016, The verbage of chip kelly and UNR are similar so Kaep should have the edge.

I say Niners are winners.....

What Kelly's scheme demands and what Kaepernick can do are not one and the same. Slow processing QB with a slow throwing motion does not equal success in an offense that demands quick thinking and an even quicker release.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 14, 2016 at 3:19 PM ]
That deal great for the Titans and great for the 49ers!

1. We are almost guareenteed a top defensive player at 7 now. Before probadly our only option at 7 would have been Buckner, now there's a chance Jack or Bosa falls to us. This also increases the value of our pick.

2. It's likely that 2 QBs going that high, 1 or both would be busts. Now Trent does not have to worry about a QB in round 1 he can focus on what he does best defense.

3. Even if the QB that the Rams take is good that's a lot of potential talent that will not be going on their roster the next 2 seasons. Whoever they take probadly won't even start til year 2.

4. We are sitting in the perfect spot to trade back with Tennesee so that they can get Stanley. Reports said they couldn't decide if Tunsil or Stanley was better. They give us pick 45 to move up 1500=1500 on the Trade Value Chart.

5. If the Rams take the QB that the Browns had decided on they might bypass a QB all together or attempt to trade down with us at a cheaper price during the draft.

Good post.

IMO, Buckner would be a better choice for us than Bosa.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
We're fooling ourselves if we think we don't need a QB.... Baalke been drafting defense 1st round almost every year...and still can't produce a top offense.

We need to focus on offense for once

no one said we dont need one. but now to trade up would be the stupidest thing possible. if your rebuilding you draft impact players early, and use all your draft picks.
Originally posted by fan49:
no one said we dont need one. but now to trade up would be the stupidest thing possible. if your rebuilding you draft impact players early, and use all your draft picks.

Which means that down the road you pretty much have to do what the Rams did and sell the farm for a QB because you wont be picking high enough to draft one.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 14, 2016 at 3:30 PM ]
We need some big-time front 7 help to offset the losses of J Smith / A Smith / Willis over the last few years. To me, any one of Buckner / Bosa / Jack would go a long way towards helping.

Honestly, I was more worried about Wentz dropping to us because I feel he's got big bust potential. I also love Ramsey but don't think we should go CB that early.

I can definitely roll with this turn of events. If we can net either Buckner/Spence or Bosa/Butler in the first two rounds, our front 7 could be on it's way towards being dominant again.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
People got some awfully strong feelings about draft picks who very rarely live up to expectations. Especially at the QB position.
Just as many good starting QBs are drafted in the later rounds as the first. No matter where we pick we got to get the right one. If Kelly thought one of them guys was Luck or Newton I'm sure Baalke would have went at them more agressively. Baalke favorite guy is Cook if Kelly didn't like him I'm sure he would be throwin a fit and boycotting the Christmas party.
Just as many good starting QBs are drafted in the later rounds as the first. .

Yeah no.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/184003-the-drafting-qb-late-folly/search=phoenix49ers
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 14, 2016 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
We're fooling ourselves if we think we don't need a QB.... Baalke been drafting defense 1st round almost every year...and still can't produce a top offense.

We need to focus on offense for once

Hit the nail on the head... It's almost if people are afraid of drafting a new QB (Even with the rookie wage scale) until the next Peyton comes along. The Rams have been doing similar to us by drafting & stacking the defense... It looks like they've finally come to their senses.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just as many good starting QBs are drafted in the later rounds as the first. .

Yeah no.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/184003-the-drafting-qb-late-folly/search=phoenix49ers

Wonder how many times you're going to have to post these facts before they actually sink in?
Share 49ersWebzone