LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The WIN NOW 4 round draft that could see this team be in top 15 for Offense.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Remember when JH picked Aldon Smith and used him as a situation pass rusher during his rookie season?

Just sayin' it could be done, at least we would have a quality RB after Hyde gets hurt from now on.

Who was there other "pass rusher"? Haralson I wouldn't say Hyde is Haralson at all. It would be a horrible move that doesn't make the team much better IMO.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I bet Elliot could surpass Hydes career stats as a rookie. Career198 carries for 837 yards 4 yard average 7 TD's in 2 season.s Yeah we could not use the top RB in the draft.

You dont take a part time player with a Top 10 pick.

Hyde looked good whenever he had competent blocking. I saw him get hit in the backfield so many times that it is hard to blame the RB when the OL wasnt getting any push.

They are fine with Hyde, just need to add some more people to block for him.

This is our single biggest and most important need, if we get the O-line situated our running game will be much improved and QB play will also improve.

Prosise or Drake in the 4th is where we see Chip grabbing a change of pace back
Originally posted by irishluder:
This is our single biggest and most important need, if we get the O-line situated our running game will be much improved and QB play will also improve.

Prosise or Drake in the 4th is where we see Chip grabbing a change of pace back

Yup there is a ton of value in the 4th-5th rounds and we need a COP in the mold of sproles or theo riddick...I'm a big fan of Tyler Irvin, prosise, or Perkins
I think Elliott is a beast and I'm unbiased, but it would take some huge Juevos for Baalke to take Elliott that would be a hell of a 1-2 punch. Plus it would probadly keep Hyde healthy.
If our first two picks are 1) a running back when we have our work horse already and then 2) another tight end ... Over our HUGE needs .. I will cry.

We need to be drafting the unsexy positions this year. If no Goff, then DL, OL, DB, LB
Originally posted by Zachary:
If our first two picks are 1) a running back when we have our work horse already and then 2) another tight end ... Over our HUGE needs .. I will cry.

We need to be drafting the unsexy positions this year. If no Goff, then DL, OL, DB, LB

I totally get where you are coming from.
1. Goff- would love this pick, probably would not play in 2016
2. DL- definite need, but does not get first downs or TD's.
3. DB's- nope we have gone db in round 1 how many years??
4. LB- Myles Jack I am down with, but no other linebacker in round 1.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Zachary:

I totally get where you are coming from.
1. Goff- would love this pick, probably would not play in 2016
2. DL- definite need, but does not get first downs or TD's.
3. DB's- nope we have gone db in round 1 how many years??
4. LB- Myles Jack I am down with, but no other linebacker in round 1.

Goff is pro ready, but even if he got Elliot.. We still have Blaine/Kap as a qb with two good running backs

DL doesn't get first downs or TD's.. But a stout DL can prevent them. Defense wins championships

And to answer, we have gone DB in the first round 12 times in our draft history, EVER. And Reid/Ward have turned out very well except for Reid's concussions
Share 49ersWebzone