LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Final mock draft.....

Trades:

- Colin Kaepernick to Denver for 3.94
- Bruce Miller and 5.142 to Jacksonville for a 2017 3rd
- Anthony Davis' rights to Indianapolis for a 2017 3rd
- Trade 1.7 to New Orleans for 1.12 and a 2017 2nd
- Trade 2.37 and 4.105 to Tennessee for 2.33 (Connor Cook)
- Trade 3.94 and 6.178 to Pittsburg for 3.89 (Joshua Garnett)
- Trade 6.207 for a 2017 5th

1.12) MLB- Reggie Ragland, Alabama 6'1, 247
Typical Baalke pick is the sense that no-one will see it coming but it makes sense. Our D wasn't the same when Willis went down and Ragland is a very good player to replace him. Ragland is a prototypical thumper who has experience as an edge rusher as well which will suit well as a blitzer in the 3-4. He has some coverage and speed issues but his instincts and awareness will make up for that. We absolutely need to do a better job stopping the run and Ragland has the makings of a stud in the middle.

2.33) QB- Connor Cook, Michigan State 6'4, 217 (From Tennessee)
Pro-Style QB. Could be NFL ready as a rookie. Checks 6 of the 7 boxes in the Bill Parcell's QB list which means Baalke will love this guy. With a little coaching he could be a very good starter.

3.68) WR- Sterling Shepard, Oklahoma 5'10, 190
Shepard is my favourite receiver in this draft. He has an NFL ready route tree and breaks ankles on his breaks. Smooth hands and rarely drops a ball. He could lead the team in catches playing out of the slot in Chip Kelly's scheme.

3.89) RG- Joshua Garnett, Stanford 6'4, 312 (From Pittsburg via Denver)
Powerful, nasty run blocking mauler. Him and Trent Brown on the right side could be special. This is a deep interior lineman draft. This is a good spot for Garnett. He will compete with Andrew Tiller to be the starter at RG.

4.105) Traded to Tennessee

4.133) DE- Quinton Jefferson, Maryland 6'4, 291, 33 1/4" arms
Ideal 3 tech. Disruptive, productive 1 gap rusher. Nice swim move. Quality backup for Quinton Dial

5.142) Traded to Jacksonville

5.145) CB- DJ White, Georgia Tech 5'11, 193
Team captain and three year starter. He is a bit smaller and slower than the rest of the top corners in this class but he makes up for it with NFL ready ball skills and instincts which may put him in line to be our 3rd corner behind Brock and Ward.

5.174) NT- DJ Reader, Clemson 6'3, 330 33 5/8" arms
Good 2 down plugger. Strong!! We need depth with Dorsey and Williams questionable for the start of the season.

6.178) Traded for a 2017 5th

6.207) Traded to Pittsburg

6.211) OLB - Matt Judon, Grand Valley State 6'3, 275
Small school DIV 2 pas rusher who annihilated every OT he faced. Had 81 tackles, 23.5 tackles for loss and 20 sacks. NFL ready body but is very raw and needs to be coached up.

6.213) TE- Darion Griswold, Arkansas State 6'5, 255
Production wasn't stellar due to the Arkansas State's offence. Former basketball player who could be a special TE with coaching.

Offense (26)

Oline (9)
LT- Joe Staley, Brandon Thomas
LG- Zane Beadles, Erik Pears
C- Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin
RG- Andrew Tiller, Joshua Garnett
RT- Trenton Brown

Receivers (6)
RWR- Eric Rodgers
LWR- Torrey Smith
Slot- Sterling Shepard
WR4- Bruce Ellington
WR5- Quinton Patton
WR6- DeAndre Smelter

Tightends (3)
Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Blake Bell

Quarterbacks (3)
Blaine Gabbert, Connor Cook, Thad Lewis

Runningbacks (5)
Carlos Hyde, DuJaun Harris, Shaun Draughn, Mike Davis, Jarryd Hayne

Defense: (24)

D-Line (6)
5 tech- Arik Armstead, Tony Jerod Eddie
1 tech- Mike Purcell, DJ Reader
3 tech- Quinton Dial, Quinton Jefferson

Linebackers (9)
LOLB- Aaron Lynch, Eli Harold
MLB- Reggie Ragland, Gerald Hodges
MLB- Navarro Bowman, Michael Wilhoite, Nick Bellore
WOLB- Ahmad Brooks, Tank Carradine

D-backs (9)
LCB- Tramaine Brock, DJ White, Marcus Cromartie
SS- Antoine Bethea, Jaquiski Tartt
FS- Eric Reid
RCB- Kenneth Acker, Dontae Johnson
Nickel- Jimmy Ward

Special Teams (3)
K- Phil Dawson
P- Bradley Pinion
LS- Kyle Nelson
KR- Bruce Ellington

PUP
NT- Ian Williams
DE- Glenn Dorsey

Practice Roster:
TE- Darion Griswold
OLB- Matt Judon
8 more TBD

Cuts:
S- LJ McCray
CB- Keith Reaser
OLB- Corey Lemonier
OLB- Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB- Shayne Skov
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Apr 10, 2016 at 8:24 PM ]
I hate HATE the first two picks. I wouldn't watch the rest of the draft if that s**t went down. A top 15 pick on a 2 down ILB, and trading up for a limited QB who is a poor scheme fit? No thanks. Also unlikely Garnett is there in the third.
Looks like the same team as last year. 👎
This draft would piss me off so much. Itd be like when you were little, waiting all year for Christmas and now youre tearing into your present to see what Santa brought you and when you open it up, its just a plain cardboard box holding a giant turd.

I don't see a two down LB being worth that early of pick. Ragland is nowhere near the prospect that Willis was and would be going earlier than him. Don't see the value being there for a guy who isn't a complete ILB, not when there are arguably more pressing needs at DL, OLB, QB and OL.

Cook I don't see worth more than a mid 3rd rounder at best. Mediocre short area accuracy, struggles with any pressure near him, one of the worst in college football dealing with pressure and that was behind a stacked OL, questions about his leadership, not being a captain, making a lot of ill-advised throws into coverage that he got away with in college but would get picked off in the NFL. So many red flags on this guy, would hate the pick.

Also there's no chance Garnett drops to the late 3rd round short of stabbing someone in a barfight or pushing a woman down a flight of stairs prior to the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 10, 2016 at 11:30 PM ]
any gm who gave up a 3rd for bruce miller needs to be drawn and quartered
3rd round pick for a fullback

Lmao
Originally posted by Heroism:
3rd round pick for a fullback

Lmao

this lol
I'd be pissed if it went down like this sorry bro. I like Shepard and Garnett (doubt either drop that far) about the only thing I like is that we get future picks.

Conner Cook
No one is giving a third for Davis because he needs to show a commitment to football. He could just retire again and they would be stuck. Not sold on Ragland we would be better off with Lee. I'm praying we don't end up with Cook he has already reached his ceiling, I would rather roll the dice on Prescott, Jones or Hackenburg. I'm all for trading back and acquiring as many picks in the top 3 rounds as possible.
Need more competition OLB last years crew was M.I.A. and we need 2 maulers at the guard spots. Don't see Reaser getting cut because Ward will eventually take over for Bethea.
Enough with the 5'10 receivers and we need another playmaker inside with Bowman. Our secondary is set as is and once we begin to generate front 7 pressure we will be a different beast. I would like OLB Calhoun , MLB Miles , G Garnett with our 1st 3 picks....Will need to trade up though but hey..........
[ Edited by dsmith_49erz on Apr 11, 2016 at 8:14 AM ]

I Want Buckner...
Originally posted by hofer36:
any gm who gave up a 3rd for bruce miller needs to be drawn and quartered

Bruce would be one thing, but how about the GM that gave up a 3rd to pick up the rights to a guy who has retired and may never play again? Drawn and quartered would be too good for him.
Looks well thought out and very possible. Cook is a ? to me seems like people really go out of there way to express their dislike of him but he doesnt look as bad as they say he his. I do like Raglandand does makes sense but would rather some one else in the 1st
It started off exciting

THEN the draft

Thanks for th effort

BUT I'd be very depressed
Originally posted by Since07:
Looks well thought out and very possible. Cook is a ? to me seems like people really go out of there way to express their dislike of him but he doesnt look as bad as they say he his. I do like Raglandand does makes sense but would rather some one else in the 1st

How not bad does he look? What do you like most about him, his lousy footwork, his panic anytime pressure gets near him, his inability to consistently throw short accurate passes, his #YOLO throws into traffic, that he'd be one of the few QB's drafted in the past decade that wasn't a team captain, that for all the "Pro Style Offense" accolades he actually played the game manager role in a pretty basic playaction passing offense. He has a lot of the weaknesses of Kaepernick without his athleticism or upside.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/04/draft-pff-scouting-report-connor-cook/
Short area accuracy is inconsistent at best. Graded at -2.3 on passes thrown in the 1-10 yard range
• Turnover-worthy throw percentage of 4.07 percent is higher than the other top quarterbacks in the class
• Struggled under pressure as his 53.4 percent accuracy percentage ranked 23rd in the class and only one of his 24 touchdowns came while pressured
Share 49ersWebzone