LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

MadDog49er Big 253 Board

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We could double dip like we did in the Iupati-Davis draft

Honestly I wouldnt be upset about that. Too many needs to fill in one draft, if they could solidify the OL with those two guys that would represent a major improvement to one area of the roster.

Staley-Beadles-Kilgore-Garnett-Stanley

sounds WAY better than

Staley-Boone-Martin-Devey-Pears

Honestly I wouldnt be upset about that. Too many needs to fill in one draft, if they could solidify the OL with those two guys that would represent a major improvement to one area of the roster.

sounds WAY better than

That's for damn sure...neither Devey nor Pears should make the 53 or practice squad
Great work as usual MD. Now to get down to the detail.

Thanks.
Some locate Jordan jenkins as early second. I havé read very good review on him.your though on him?did He fit a 3/4 olb for us?
Your though,if possible, on Simmons The FS from Boston . His 3,8 s on 3 cones drill at his size is intriging
Did you switch it to us taking spence?

sounds WAY better than

Or maybe Staley-Beadles-Kelly-Kilgore-Stanley...
Ngakoue....that high?

sounds WAY better than

The Niners were most stable when they had talent across the OL back about 5 years ago. No surprise that the team has dropped off as the OL has fallen apart. This team has so many needs, but if they want Kelly's offense to work, and not have the defense on the field for 40 minutes, they better get some OL help. Why they didn't find a way to lock up Schwartz in FA is a mystery to me.
Originally posted by English:
Great work as usual MD. Now to get down to the detail.

Thanks.

I am on it. LOT of work still to do. Looking forward to later this week. Booker's workout in Sacramento and Jaylon Smith's medical recheck. Both huge this week.
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
Some locate Jordan jenkins as early second. I havé read very good review on him.your though on him?did He fit a 3/4 olb for us?

I have read similar reports, and I don't get the thought that he could end up a second rounder, although I may be wrong.

He was listed as a LB at the combine, but I just don't see the explosiveness on the field (he tested well) to be that excited. There are certain games where he is outstanding, and others that he seems to largely disappear. It is not an effort thing, but it just doesn't happen. Not sure why. 4 sacks is not an inspiring number for me for a 34 OLB.

Dad is retired army, so you expect the kid to be disciplined, which he is on the field. He is tough, strong. Lot of good characteristics. Just not much twitch. Much more of a bull rusher with little lateral movement skills. 3 cone time was really bad, which shows change of direction.

In the end, I think he is a 4th rounder. I have lower than most, but in a deep draft there are going to be some guys that slide a bit. I might move him up a bit, but can't see him crack the top 100. Once again, could be very wrong in the end.

Originally posted by tatayoyo:
Your though,if possible, on Simmons The FS from Boston . His 3,8 s on 3 cones drill at his size is intriging

Watched six games on him yesterday. Really outstanding player. Very overlooked at this point. He is sixth best on my safety board, and grades as as early third rounder to me.

The key thing for me is that he played big in big games. Cone and shuttle times are awesome. Probably an early 4th rounder.
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Did you switch it to us taking spence?

No, just coincidence. Spence is going to be a guy all over people's boards. I think early-mid second.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Ngakoue....that high?

Teams REALLY like him. Second round grade by the NFL advisory committee, which shows that people who are inside the game see top 75 draft status. Highly underrated by fans.

Well-rounded, versatile game. 13.5 sacks against Big Ten OL is an accomplishment. Biggest question for me was not moving forward as a pass rusher,, but playing a traditional Sam backer. Showed some really terrific movement skills at the combine in the LB drills. Was super smooth. Impressed me/surprised me a lot. Overall, tested clean across the board, but drills showed a readiness to play on Sunday.

GMs and scouts recently stated that he is the most overlooked player in the draft. With only two games where he did not get a sack in 2015, it makes sense.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Ngakoue....that high?

Teams REALLY like him. Second round grade by the NFL advisory committee, which shows that people who are inside the game see top 75 draft status. Highly underrated by fans.

Well-rounded, versatile game. 13.5 sacks against Big Ten OL is an accomplishment. Biggest question for me was not moving forward as a pass rusher,, but playing a traditional Sam backer. Showed some really terrific movement skills at the combine in the LB drills. Was super smooth. Impressed me/surprised me a lot. Overall, tested clean across the board, but drills showed a readiness to play on Sunday.

GMs and scouts recently stated that he is the most overlooked player in the draft. With only two games where he did not get a sack in 2015, it makes sense.

I've liked the kid but didn't realize his stock went through the roof. I'm assuming you have a "get him" target on him?

Where do you put him in relation to Spence? For instance, is it worth grabbing Spence if he's there or is it better to move up and grab Ngakoue?
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 12, 2016 at 7:37 AM ]
not to be a giant pain in the ass but can you bold each player that sits at one of our picks lol
Share 49ersWebzone