There are 308 users in the forums

Possible that the QBs go #1 and #2?

Qb's 1 and 2? Nothing is impossible but this is close to it IMO. There is probably a higher likelihood that both qb's slip down and are still available when we draft.
Originally posted by English:
Qb's 1 and 2? Nothing is impossible but this is close to it IMO. There is probably a higher likelihood that both qb's slip down and are still available when we draft.

If one of the top 2 QB's are the 49ers aim, do we take the risk?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Very possible. The latest news is source says the 9ers are not inclined to trade up, so get ready to be disappointed by Baalke as usual.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

It depends on the price. And the view on how good the top 2 are, how good the next tranche are and how good next year's batch of qb's are likely to be.

Whatever the team do is likely to be based on information we don't have and will therefore probably be received with disappointment/derision by the zone. I am going to guess that Chip wants a good QB. If he doesn't rate Kaepernick or Gabbert I would imagine he will be pressing for Baalke to position to take one of the top two. Unless of course he actually prefers one of the second tranche. Either way I believe Baalke will make sure that we are positioned to do, in this respect, what Chip wants.

All Captain Obvious stuff I know, but the Webzone currently seems to have a lot of people who know what we MUST do and are getting ready to spit and scream if it doesn't work out that way. But it may not mean the team failed to do what the poster wanted them to do. It may just be that the team has made a different assessment.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Very possible. The latest news is source says the 9ers are not inclined to trade up, so get ready to be disappointed by Baalke as usual.

If they aren't inclined to trade up, that means they don't view either as a franchise guy, so there is no reason to be disappointed if they don't.

If one or both turn out to be franchise guys, then call for someone's head, but there is no reason to be disappointed in not moving up to draft the next RG3
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

You have to
Apparently Tennessee has a solid offer on the table for the first pick. If so, it's highly likely that's for Wentz or Goff
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
Apparently Tennessee has a solid offer on the table for the first pick. If so, it's highly likely that's for Wentz or Goff

Meh talk is cheap. Ill believe it when a trade goes down. From the beginning theyve been pushing hard to trade that pick. They werent doing that last year when you had consensus top 2 players in the draft.
No way this happens
Originally posted by TexasDuck:

It would be early to be making a solid offer. Not sure I see that as likely but oddly, if there is one it may be us resulting from Chip deciding that one specific QB is the answer. Big if though.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Okay? Anything is possible at this point. I still dont think it makes sense for the 49ers to give up a ton of draft picks to move up to #1.

If both QBs are gone in the top 6 picks then it means that one of Jack, Ramsey, Buckner, Bosa or Tunsil are available for the 49ers to take.

Prescott will still be available for the 49ers in the 2nd, potentially in the 3rd too.

This. I'm a huge fan of Goff and would absolutely be ecstatic if the 49ers could draft him but if they're off the board then it wasn't meant to be. We won two meaningless games because the opposing kicker missed an easy game winner and now have to deal with it. We lose both games and we're picking #3 and have a much easier trade up possibility to play with.

If Goff and Wentz are both gone that means a really good defensive player is there to be taken. We improve our team either way and hope we can develop a guy like Prescott or someone else who may not be ready to start now but could be a good player 2-3 years from now.

No reason to panic or trade our whole draft away. We need a stud QB but we have too many needs to give away so much.
It would be early to be making a solid offer. Not sure I see that as likely but oddly, if there is one it may be us resulting from Chip deciding that one specific QB is the answer. Big if though.

Basically nobody even has their draft boards set yet.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 9 Reports on Dallas draft board are premature. They don't BEGIN their meetings to set their board until Monday. Everything now is speculation

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 9 There is usually a drastic difference in how draft boards look before and after final meetings take place. That's why they have the meetings

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 5 I've been around GM's my whole adult life. They tell nothing to the media this time off year. I've seen more lies this year than ever 1/2

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 5 2/2 as to this GM said certain things about certain players. It's 95% made up by these Twitter experts
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by GNS1310:
I think someone trades up to #1 (Rams) and takes Goff....Wentz goes #2 to the Browns.

After the RGIII debacle, no one in his right mind would do such a trade if the QB isn't the second coming of Andrew Luck. Goff and Wentz will have to sit and learn.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Basically nobody even has their draft boards set yet.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 9 Reports on Dallas draft board are premature. They don't BEGIN their meetings to set their board until Monday. Everything now is speculation

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 9 There is usually a drastic difference in how draft boards look before and after final meetings take place. That's why they have the meetings

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 5 I've been around GM's my whole adult life. They tell nothing to the media this time off year. I've seen more lies this year than ever 1/2

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 5 2/2 as to this GM said certain things about certain players. It's 95% made up by these Twitter experts

"More lies this year than ever."
[ Edited by English on Apr 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM ]
I wish it would happen my top 2guys at 7 is Jack and Bosa we have a better shot with the QBs gone.
Share 49ersWebzone