There are 173 users in the forums

Preferred draft day scenario, take II

Preferred draft day scenario, take II

I know a lot of players don't like these polls, but I realized I forgot the Chargers option. They have been reportedly interested in moving down.
A trade to #3 would guarantee the Niners could either get a QB, or the top nonQb on their board.

Scenario 1
A different team moves up to #1 pick to draft a QB

1 Wentz
2 Goff
3 Niners BPA

OR

If the Titans stay at 1 and draft Tunasil, this still ensures that they get fleeced by the Cowboys, or another team moving up to grab the 2nd QB between 4 and 6.
I would personally like to see them move down, acquiring an extra 2nd OR 3rd, targeting Conklin and using the extra picks to shore up the rest of their Oline. If they were able to get extra at the top of day 2, they'd still have the ammo to shore up their front 7.
Stay put, we have plenty of picks and need talent over quantity.
Originally posted by genus49:
Stay put, we have plenty of picks and need talent over quantity.

We have plenty of late picks. I'd rather trade down a bit in the first, and trade up from the lower picks, creating quality over quantity.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I got a draft day trade idea Kap and #7 for Wilkinson and #20. Who's down, more important do you think the Jets would go for it?
I think moving up to #4 or #5 makes the most sense if they really want a QB and one is available.

They could move up to 5 with a 3rd round pick.
1. Stay put at 7
2. Move back into the 2nd(2 picks)
3. Move back into the 3rd(3rd was used to move back into the 2nd)
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think moving up to #4 or #5 makes the most sense if they really want a QB and one is available.

According to the legacy points system

#3 2200
#4 1800
#5 1700
#6 1600
#7 1500

Niners picks
#7 1500
37. 540
68. 250
105. 84
133c
142. 35
145. 34
174c
178. 20
207. 09
211c
213c

Total 2472
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

According to the legacy points system

#3 2200
#4 1800
#5 1700
#6 1600
#7 1500

Niners picks
#7 1500
37. 540
68. 250
105. 84
133c
142. 35
145. 34
174c
178. 20
207. 09
211c
213c

Total 2472

Not certain I'd want the 49ers to move up from #7.

I think the jump from #37 to say #29 or 30 would be more likely and make more sense.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Not certain I'd want the 49ers to move up from #7.

I think the jump from #37 to say #29 or 30 would be more likely and make more sense.

There are a lot of players that could fill needs for the Niners between the 2nd and 3rd round.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Believe me when I tell you this... but I'm sure the Chargers and the Cowboys are sitting in their meeting room (at least once a week) and meet about drafting a QB.. Both teams know well that there is NO single player in Round 1 that can take them to the SB.

So, if Wentz or Goff is available, I would not be surprise for them to draft their QB of the future .. Wentz and Goff aren't NFL ready at this stage, and it would be perfect for the team to sit them down 2 years minimum and let them takeover the team..

Therefor, if both QBs are gone, I would do the old Bill Walsh's way and trade down 2 to 3 times to in round 1.
[ Edited by 9moon on Apr 10, 2016 at 1:20 PM ]
I'd say trade down if it nets at least another second round pick. Conklin and Dodd will be around the #20 spot.
I'd trade up to 3 if I thought one of those guys were a franchise QB. I don't see anyone trading up to one as it will just cost too much.

Would prefer to stay at 7 and drool over who drops to us.
The only player that's worth trading up for would be Buckner, IMHO. He's a difference maker and no QB we'd take in the 1st rd would be. I think both Goff and Wentz have been way over-hyped, largely because they're arguably the best two in this QB class. That said, it in no way guarantees either will be franchise QB's. So, if you're Baalke you can stand pat, move up a couple of slots to get Buckner or trade down. Each have plusses and minuses...and each could be similarly rewarding. You never know who's going to trade...so it could get crazy early on. Should be pretty interesting to watch how things unfold.
I want Buckner at 7, but if he's gone, and one of the Qb's are there, I'd be looking to move down, and capitalizing on that. We'd get more value than the chart generally shows, because you tend to get more, when it's a QB that the team is trading up to get (early rounds like 1-2).
Share 49ersWebzone