LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

I was lying this is my final mock NYniner85

I guess it was a little premature mocking my final mock with a moth to go So THIS will be the final one. I based it around who I think we should take, who will be available when picking, who SF has shown interest in, and who fits the mold of Baalke/Chip

*IF Goff is there at 7 SF runs up and puts the card in...this is based off Goff being gone and SF not willing to move up high enough to get him.

1st-Deforest Buckner DL-Fits the mold Baalke likes, has a motor, and Chip knows him...we are set at DL for years

2nd-Joshua Garnett OG-dude is mauler and Chip was all over him at his pro day. I think this is the most likely pick out of this whole mock.

3rd- Dak Prescott QB- I'm high on this kid (reminds me of Wilson/McNair)...he's a leader and has progressed as a QB every season. He would be a perfect fit with Chip and he fit's the Parcell's rules of drafting a QB, which Baalke lives by (Kap passed all the same requirements when he was drafted).

4th-Jordan Jenkins OLB- Has the size and length Baalke and Chip love. He is kinda of overlooked because of Lloyd but should make for a solid pass rusher.

4th-Leonte Carroo WR- We've meet with him at the Senior Bowl and had a private workout. He reminds me of Golden Tate. He's tough makes catches up the middle and can block.

5th- Willie Beavers OT-We meet with him at his pro-day and is a fit for ZBS...he fights for the RT spot.

5th-Tyler Ervin RB- we attended his pro day...he would fit as our sproles/riddick

5th-BJ Goodson LB-We had a private workout with him. He was a team captain and a 3 down guy who pushes for a starting spot.

6th-Taveze Calhoun CB- SF spoke with him at his pro-day...he's got size (6-0 195 32 inch arms)solid value in the 6th.

6th DJ Reader DT- we need to come away with two DL in this draft...he was a soild piece to that Clemson D and we spoke with him for a while at the combine

6th Rees Odhiambo OL- can play inside and out, his real issue is injuries but if he can get that under control would be a great pick here... he also came in for a visit.

6th-Roy Robertson-Harris DL/OLB- He has long arms and a big frame (6-7 260) worth a flyer not sure where he plays, We spoke with him at his pro day

We aren't gonna get a starter at every position...I feel like LB will be addressed next year via FA or the draft. Thoughts?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 9, 2016 at 8:19 AM ]
I don't think we will go OL till mid to late rounds. Dak and his dui already kicked himself off this team
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I don't think we will go OL till mid to late rounds. Dak and his dui already kicked himself off this team

Disagree on dak...got to go look at what actually happen with his "DUI" he didn't fail any tests and I'm guessing it gets pushed down to fine or something. It would be much much different if there was a pattern of a drinking problem but that's not he case.

It was reported chip was "enamored" with Garnett at his pro day, you need stud OGs to make his offense run and while I like tiller a lot I have no issue remaking the trenches with our first two picks.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Has anyone ever graded any of the mock drafts of the so called experts? I wonder how far most get before they miss one?
Originally posted by BobS:
Has anyone ever graded any of the mock drafts of the so called experts? I wonder how far most get before they miss one?

Like kiper an McShay?
I like the idea of shoring up the O & D lines with the first 2 picks. We gotta win in the trenches.
Originally posted by ChipKelly:
I like the idea of shoring up the O & D lines with the first 2 picks. We gotta win in the trenches.

That's where it starts IMO...like I mentioned if Goff is there he has to be the pick if not Buckner would be a great fall back
I would be happy will this, even though it's offense-heavy. I rarely post my mocks, but they look very similar to this.

The Oline would be drastically improved with Garnett and Beadles starting. I really like the Rees Odhiambo pick also. He has starting potential. Without the injuries he's a top-5 OG that can slide to OT if needed.

Dak, Carroo and Ervin would add some nice talent to the skill positions.

On defense, I really like the upgrade to the Dline with Buckner and Reader. I think Dial was extended for depth and insurance. I think Trent desperately wants to upgrade the DE spot with someone that can generate pressure. Reader is good depth for Ian. Not in love with the pass rushers, but I think we'll see a big jump in play Eli Harold due to a full offseason to build strength.

Edit: Was looking into Roy Robertson-Harris and everyone seems to think he'll be a steal. He's been getting a lot of attention since his Pro Bowl. You can easy see that he's athletically gifted in grown man's body. There a lot to like.

A combo of Jenkins and Roy would be a nice upgrade. Jenkins has the ability to replace Brooks early on, while Eli and Roy continue to round the game and get snaps as a situational rusher.
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM ]
Really like your picks

Leonte Caroo will be turning heads in the pros.

Jenkins is getting more press lately - seems to be strong as a bull. Questionable injury history is a concern.

Prescott will be our QB - I don't feel the Goff thing like many do

Garnett is just what the doctor ordered. Years ago I was all-in for Gabe Jackson and i feel almost as good about Garnett

Buckner is my total draft crush. If he's at #7, I doubt it, he'll be a star for years to come.

Good job!
I like it. Buckner would be my ideal pick too but I just dont see how he gets past the Ravens. He could go as high as third.

• Andra
  • Veteran
Love this mock draft though I do think that we will have to move up to get Buckner and I am totally down with moving up to get him. The pressure he will create will instantly make the whole defense better. One on one matchups for the LB's and the DB's will not be chasing WR's forever.
Originally posted by Andra:
Love this mock draft though I do think that we will have to move up to get Buckner and I am totally down with moving up to get him. The pressure he will create will instantly make the whole defense better. One on one matchups for the LB's and the DB's will not be chasing WR's forever.

This

Come on Trent!

Use some of these lower round picks and get a guy who will start from day one.
I'm a big Goff fan since I've been watching him since his pop warner days in Novato but I also like Buckner and Miles Jack...Jack will most likely be gone. But Buckner would be a great pick. He and Armstead would be tough to contend with...
Buckner won't be a 49er thankfully. He has one trait that translates to the NFL. He is big. That's it. safe pick- NFL starter, but would be a complete waste of a top 10 pick. Gm's like to play it safe so he should get picked high, but he will just show up, no one will know his name in 2 years. He can't overpower NFL caliber linemen like he did in college. A giant clutz taking up space has a big impact in college ball, just run-of-the-mill at the next level.

If we are fortunate enough to get Garnett, maybe it makes up for missing out on an impact player at 7. Not sure.
Originally posted by strickac:
I would be happy will this, even though it's offense-heavy. I rarely post my mocks, but they look very similar to this.

The Oline would be drastically improved with Garnett and Beadles starting. I really like the Rees Odhiambo pick also. He has starting potential. Without the injuries he's a top-5 OG that can slide to OT if needed.

Dak, Carroo and Ervin would add some nice talent to the skill positions.

On defense, I really like the upgrade to the Dline with Buckner and Reader. I think Dial was extended for depth and insurance. I think Trent desperately wants to upgrade the DE spot with someone that can generate pressure. Reader is good depth for Ian. Not in love with the pass rushers, but I think we'll see a big jump in play Eli Harold due to a full offseason to build strength.

Edit: Was looking into Roy Robertson-Harris and everyone seems to think he'll be a steal. He's been getting a lot of attention since his Pro Bowl. You can easy see that he's athletically gifted in grown man's body. There a lot to like.

A combo of Jenkins and Roy would be a nice upgrade. Jenkins has the ability to replace Brooks early on, while Eli and Roy continue to round the game and get snaps as a situational rusher.

Thanks man I think there's a solid blend of day 1 impact players and development players with big upside I'd be super happy if we get 50% of this guys
Share 49ersWebzone