LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

If Carson Wentz is the only prospect left of the Elite Seven --- (my least favorite)

Like just about everyone out there I follow Mock Drafts everyday. In the past few days Paxton Lynch's name has surfaced associated with the Niners. As far as the "Remains of the Day" selections of McCown and Hoyer, why not add J.T. O'Sullivan, Tim Rattay, Gus Ferrot, Steve Senstrom, and the premier clip board holder of all-time, Jim Sorgi. Between all of them we may win 2 or 3 games a season. Cut the nonsense, find a real QB!
So you don't want to get a potential stud but you're okay with acquiring mediocre talent? I rather take a chance on a guy in the first than get these scrubs.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So you don't want to get a potential stud but you're okay with acquiring mediocre talent? I rather take a chance on a guy in the first than get these scrubs.

I've never understood the logic of "screw quality, we'll make up for it in quantity."

I'd rather have one good prospect with franchise QB upside than a whole group of scrubs, hoping that one ends up less scrub-like than the others.
Whatever happens happens mayne
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I'm not sure what this thread is about. I find myself just asking questions. Like who is considered the elite 7? And if there are only 7 elite prospects, why wouldn't we draft one? And all of those trades? Im utterly confused.

Ramsey, Tunsil, Wentz, Goff, Bosa, Buckner and Jack.

I wouldn't mind taking whoever is there obviously, but I'm throwing an idea out that is very realistic that nobody has brought up. King's ransom for us if we so choose should Wentz be the last guy left at #7
lol nm guys. It's just something to consider for the 49ers. It could happen, don't be shocked.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for MrMrMEanerMister.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Like just about everyone out there I follow Mock Drafts everyday. In the past few days Paxton Lynch's name has surfaced associated with the Niners. As far as the "Remains of the Day" selections of McCown and Hoyer, why not add J.T. O'Sullivan, Tim Rattay, Gus Ferrot, Steve Senstrom, and the premier clip board holder of all-time, Jim Sorgi. Between all of them we may win 2 or 3 games a season. Cut the nonsense, find a real QB!

The guys I mentioned are cheap and still relevant to the league and teams would have interest if cheap.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I'd be fine with either just discussing an option if we get a ridiculous offer.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I've never understood the logic of "screw quality, we'll make up for it in quantity."

I'd rather have one good prospect with franchise QB upside than a whole group of scrubs, hoping that one ends up less scrub-like than the others.

I'm okay with that of course but Wentz is my least favorite blue chip prospect. If we get a RG3 type haul I might take it. Then draft a couple QB's later and use the rest to upgrade the team.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I'm not sure what this thread is about. I find myself just asking questions. Like who is considered the elite 7? And if there are only 7 elite prospects, why wouldn't we draft one? And all of those trades? Im utterly confused.

I agree, this thread is weird

Sorry, dude. If Wentz is still there at #7, the Niners run up the podium with the card with his name on it. He has the physical tools and apparently the leadership skills to develop for the future.
Originally posted by MrMrMEanerMister:
What do you think it would take? Point is if it is small compensation it would be ideal imo.

I'd give up to a 5th for McCown
I'd give up to a 4th for Hoyer.

Anything more than that for either and I'd call it off. I also strongly prefer not trading my 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks.

You'd be a worse GM than Baalke. Didn't think it was possible, but congrats.
The only way I would trade back from #7 would be if I was offered a king's ransom, which is beyond highly unlikely. A package of early picks this year and next way beyond the value chart. Otherwise I will stick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yeah, let's accumulate as many scrub QBs as we can.... smh

This. If you load up on a bunch of mediocre QBs, maybe they can go Power Rangers mode and unite into one super QB.

[ Edited by irishluder on Apr 9, 2016 at 1:22 AM ]
My guess is that there would be a 1% chance we would pass on Wentz at 7, or trade out. And, I believe there is a 0.01 % Wentz is on the board at 7.
Share 49ersWebzone