LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 162 users in the forums

If Carson Wentz is the only prospect left of the Elite Seven --- (my least favorite)

Since we would have missed out on Jared Goff we could decide to demand a "King's Ransom" of our own for the only other top prospect QB and "elite seven" prospect .

If someone like the Buffalo Bills wanted to move ahead of the Philadelphia Eagles, who are sitting at #8 (plus the Bears at #11 & Rams at #15 in the process) we could get their #19 Overall 1st Round Pick + BUF 2017 1st Round Pick.

SF Trades #7/Wentz
------- for -------
#19 Overall + BUF 2017 1st

OTHER OPTIONS FOR THIS TRADE:

1. New York Jets (Similar to BUF trade)
2. Arizona Cardinals (demand more within division, #29 + 2nd + 3rd + 2017 1st + 2017 2nd/3rd)
3. Denver Broncos (similar to Cardinals trade)

I doubt the Cardinals or Broncos would ever do what it takes here to move up for Wentz but just to keep in mind. What do you guys think of that if Wentz is all that is left?

My plan for QB for 1 year would be:

Retain Gabbert ($2mil)
Retain Kaepernick ($14mil)
Trade a 6th for Josh McCown ($4.375mil)
Trade a 5th for Brian Hoyer ($5.25mil)

We'd still only have $25 million invested into the QB position which is within the normal range of $18-$25 million. This would give us one heck of a QB battle for starter gentlemen. We could then also have a huge pull or "king's ransom" worth of picks to seriously upgrade our team with young, inexpensive talent for years to come.

P.S. Mike Glennon and Case Keenum are both free agents next off season.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Apr 8, 2016 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by MrMrMEanerMister:
Since we would have missed out on Jared Goff we could decide to demand a "King's Ransom" of our own for the only other top prospect QB and "elite seven" prospect .

If someone like the Buffalo Bills wanted to move ahead of the Philadelphia Eagles, who are sitting at #8 (plus the Bears at #11 & Rams at #15 in the process) we could get their #19 Overall 1st Round Pick + BUF 2017 1st Round Pick.

SF Trades #7/Wentz
------- for -------
#19 Overall + BUF 2017 1st

OTHER OPTIONS FOR THIS TRADE:

1. New York Jets (Similar to BUF trade)
2. Arizona Cardinals (demand more within division, #29 + 2nd + 3rd + 2017 1st + 2017 2nd/3rd)
3. Denver Broncos (similar to Cardinals trade)

I doubt the Cardinals or Broncos would ever do what it takes here to move up for Wentz but just to keep in mind. What do you guys think of that if Wentz is all that is left?

My plan for QB for 1 year would be:

Retain Gabbert ($2mil)
Retain Kaepernick ($14mil)
Trade a 6th for Josh McCown ($4.375mil)
Trade a 5th for Brian Hoyer ($5.25mil)

We'd still only have $25 million invested into the QB position which is within the normal range of $18-$25 million. This would give us one heck of a QB battle for starter gentlemen. We could then also have a huge pull or "king's ransom" worth of picks to seriously upgrade our team with young, inexpensive talent for years to come.

Originally posted by MrMrMEanerMister:

P.S. Mike Glennon and Case Keenum are both free agents next off season.

Yeah, a scrub from the Rams and a guy who is going to cost you a fortune with limited experience as a starter....

Or you know, they could just take Wentz and have a quality QB prospect to develop on a reasonable 5 year contract and stop messing around with scrubs and half-measures.
What do you think it would take? Point is if it is small compensation it would be ideal imo.

I'd give up to a 5th for McCown
I'd give up to a 4th for Hoyer.

Anything more than that for either and I'd call it off. I also strongly prefer not trading my 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Apr 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, a scrub from the Rams and a guy who is going to cost you a fortune with limited experience as a starter....

Or you know, they could just take Wentz and have a quality QB prospect to develop on a reasonable 5 year contract and stop messing around with scrubs and half-measures.

I was just considering different options and maybe creating something to talk about.

If we are left with Wentz we could hold our very own ransom. That's something to at least consider.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Apr 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM ]
Also these are just options, nothing is set in stone. We don't HAVE to go after a free agent if their price is too high.
We could potentially find a QB that can manage the game for us out of those four/five guys Gabbert, Hoyer, Glennon, Kaepernick, (Keenum). Especially by 2017.

Not to mention we would have some serious fire power to get Garrett with two 1st round picks next year plus more picks to go with it.
Yeah, let's accumulate as many scrub QBs as we can.... smh
Out of those 4-6 guys we will find someone that can be our Matt Shaub for a couple or few years. This gives us past next years draft to find a QB but build our team like the Broncos did. Then we can win or be contenders with an average or slightly above average QB.

I'm just saying we should stay put at #7 instead of selling the farm since there are exactly 7 1st tier prospects. I'm fine with taking any of them over trading but when it comes to Wentz I'd at least consider the compensation. I'm also just saying it's not the end of the world if Goff doesn't fall to us, we still have the opportunity to demand a King's Ransom ourselves like the #1 overall pick that we didn't even get because of the position we are in.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Apr 8, 2016 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yeah, let's accumulate as many scrub QBs as we can.... smh

This. If you load up on a bunch of mediocre QBs, maybe they can go Power Rangers mode and unite into one super QB.

The Broncos and Rams did well for themselves with all their draft picks. The Rams by getting the ransom. Just saying. The Redskins still didn't get a franchise QB. I don't think Wentz is a franchise QB.

Brian Hoyer
Colin Kaepernick
Blaine Gabbert
Josh McCown

Out of those four we find a starter and a guy that can play this year or this year plus next year. This gives us until the 2018 draft to grab a QB since next years draft is weak for QB's according to most.

Next off season we also have guys like Glennon and Keenum who become available and could be cheap or at least below average in price to HELP in getting us through until the 2018 draft where our team will be stacked with picks and young, inexpensive talent like the Broncos.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Apr 8, 2016 at 6:16 PM ]
We won't draft wentz so your on to something if he is there at 7. We will try and trade back. Only problem is I don't think any team is dumb enough to trade up for him. Also we won't trade for a backup. We already have 2 qbs that arguably could start or be NFL backups
If we're going to go QB or get another QB it needs to be from the draft, I prefer Wentz and Goff in round 1, and preferably over anyone else.

Other than them, Driskel, Prescott, and Brissett are guys I'm high on.
Originally posted by bopicksix:
We won't draft wentz

Thanks Miss Cleo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xql2aNopsy8&t=5m27s
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 8, 2016 at 6:54 PM ]
I'm not sure what this thread is about. I find myself just asking questions. Like who is considered the elite 7? And if there are only 7 elite prospects, why wouldn't we draft one? And all of those trades? Im utterly confused.
Share 49ersWebzone