There are 153 users in the forums

Who Do You Want??

Who Do You Want??

I'm sure this has already been a thread but options and opinions change..
Big Board:
  1. Jared Goff QB Cal
  2. Carson Wentz QB North Dakota St
  3. Jalen Ramsey S Florida St
  4. Myles Jack ILB UCLA
  5. Joey Bosa DE Ohio St
  6. Laremy Tunsil T Ole Miss
  7. DeForest Buckner DE Oregon
I want two picks in the first round
Originally posted by Draftology:
Big Board:
  1. Jared Goff QB Cal
  4. Myles Jack ILB UCLA
  5. Joey Bosa DE Ohio St

Ditto but I'd change 5 to Tunsil, 6 to Buckner and 7 to Bosa.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Big Board:
  1. Jared Goff QB Cal
  4. Myles Jack ILB UCLA
  5. Joey Bosa DE Ohio St

Ditto but I'd change 5 to Tunsil, 6 to Buckner and 7 to Bosa.

It would be really interesting if Tunsil fell to us somehow (even though I see there being almost no chance he or Ramsey make it past pick 4). One of the best tackles to come out in a while in arguably the best position on our roster. I think we'd take him, given that there is a little bit of uncertainty around Anthony Davis, but it would be a very odd scenario.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bosa
Goff or Buckner
Jack, Buckner, maybe Goff

mostly I just want a reason to look forward to next season
I don't really know who I want but I just discovered something kind of interesting while going through photo gallery on my 49er app of players drafted #7 since 1990. First of all the last three players drafted in that spot by the Niners are Aldon Smith, Andre Carter and Bryant Young. Guys selected in that spot overall going back to Smith are AS, Mark Barron, Jonathan Cooper, Mike Evans and Kevin White. It wasn't exactly this way but it seemed as though going back to Andre Ware in 1990 every other year was a good pick and then a crappy pick at 7. Even years, with the exception of Ware, had good to very good players and odd years were just OK or busts. So in the case of White he's still TBD but seems like a bust so far. Ike Hilliard was an odd year but so was Champ Bailey, and then Byron Leftwich was drafted an odd year as was Troy Williamson. One guy was decent for a few years well the other was a total bust. My theory isn't totally accurate but it seemed there were more good players picked even years than odd years is my point. Hopefully it's a sign we come up with somebody good being 2016. P.S. Aldon could be considered a bust at least regarding off-field issues and he was drafted an odd year.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Apr 6, 2016 at 12:12 PM ]
1. Tunsil
2. Jack
3. Buckner
4. Goff
5. Wentz
6. Ramsey
7. Bosa

I want Ramsey just simply because I want him and he looks like a pro bowler for years to come. But since it won't happen, I want Goff. I don't want there to be years of QB questions. Kap or Gabbert and are they just a stop gap till Chip finds his QB. Then when Chip picks a QB we will have a couple of years of growing pains. Let's just pick the QB in Chip Kelly's first year (if the QB is right for us).
Myles Jack or DeForest Buckner
Anything but a kicker punter long snapper or wide receiver this ENTIRE DRAFT
Originally posted by DonaldTrump:
Anything but a kicker punter long snapper or wide receiver this ENTIRE DRAFT

Why wouldn't you want a WR?
If they're going to draft a QB, they need to think more about his brain than his physical attributes IMO.

This is one of my favorite photos of these two and it shows why they're both in the Hall of Fame - their brains.
Share 49ersWebzone