Preferred draft day scenario?

Preferred draft day scenario?

Stay, BPA
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Draftology:
In a perfect scenario I think our first three picks are:

7. Jared Goff QB Cal
37. Joshua Garnett G Stanford
68. Braxton Miller WR Ohio St - probably would have to trade into the late second for him but we're talking ideal scenario right?

I know, we're kind of neglecting the defense here, but hear me out. I am 95% sure we will not be making the playoffs this year. If we take a QB with our first pick, let's give him every opportunity to succeed. Our defense will have a tough time, but it will likely have a tough time anyway. Give Goff a couple of young players to develop with and protect him. The starting offense below is not going to set the world on fire, but it's not bad either.

QB: Jared Goff*
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR1: Torrey Smith
WR2: DeAndre Smelter
Slot: Braxton Miller*
TE: Garrett Celek
LT: Joe Staley
LG: Zaine Beadles
C: Daniel Kilgore
RG: Joshua Garnett*
RT: Anthony Davis

I'd be pretty bummed if they didn't take advantage on getting on of these stud DLs within the top 100 picks. I like Miller but I'd rather grab someone like Chris Jones, Vernon Butler,Bullard,or Kaufusi then get someone like Carroo in the 4th.

I like Carroo's game a lot he reminds me of Golden Tate. He doesn't drop balls, is tough as nail up the middle, can play inside and out, blocks like a boss etc. It also looks like Chips is a big fan of him.

I'd be ok with that. I just don't want to turn Goff/Wentz into Alex Smith or David Carr by not giving him any tools to succeed. If we don't go QB, I'd hope we get a couple of those d-linemen.
I'd be ok with that. I just don't want to turn Goff/Wentz into Alex Smith or David Carr by not giving him any tools to succeed. If we don't go QB, I'd hope we get a couple of those d-linemen.

I think carroo has more of a instant impact than Miller would. Would love either though
I think both Goff and Wentz have been over-hyped in what can only be described as a down year for college QB's coming into the NFL. I don't pretend to know who Kelly likes...but given the other team needs, I think taking BPA is the way to go. If Baalke trades up, I'd hope it'd be for someone like Buckner, because I see him as a beastly player who can pay immediate dividends. Getting back to a very talented DL is crucial to the entire defense...we all saw how the lack of that really hurt the D in 2015.
1ST.DE BUCKNER
2ND. OT SPRINGS
3RD.QB DAKK
4TH. RB ERVIN
4TH. WR CARROO
if Kelly and Baalke believe that Wentz or Goff is a future hall of famer then by all means do what you can to get him. Even if that means trading up to the #1 overall pick.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
1ST.DE BUCKNER
2ND. OT SPRINGS
3RD.QB DAKK
4TH. RB ERVIN
4TH. WR CARROO
All those guys could be long gone before we pick
  • fryet
  • Veteran

Unfortunately, you have to grab a QB when you can. If we improve the OL this year, we probably won't be drafting top 10 next year. If you want a top 5 QB, you take one when you have the chance.
In a perfect scenario I think our first three picks are:

7. Jared Goff QB Cal
37. Joshua Garnett G Stanford
68. Braxton Miller WR Ohio St - probably would have to trade into the late second for him but we're talking ideal scenario right?

I know, we're kind of neglecting the defense here, but hear me out. I am 95% sure we will not be making the playoffs this year. If we take a QB with our first pick, let's give him every opportunity to succeed. Our defense will have a tough time, but it will likely have a tough time anyway. Give Goff a couple of young players to develop with and protect him. The starting offense below is not going to set the world on fire, but it's not bad either.

QB: Jared Goff*
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR1: Torrey Smith
WR2: DeAndre Smelter
Slot: Braxton Miller*
TE: Garrett Celek
LT: Joe Staley
LG: Zaine Beadles
C: Daniel Kilgore
RG: Joshua Garnett*
RT: Anthony Davis
I love it!

We are going to be offensive focused team so might as well build up our offense. Get our QB of the future, a lineman so that he isn't running scared when he starts, and WR who has loads of potential
Originally posted by fryet:

Unfortunately, you have to grab a QB when you can. If we improve the OL this year, we probably won't be drafting top 10 next year. If you want a top 5 QB, you take one when you have the chance.

I 100% want us to take a QB with the 7th pick (I'd even be ok with trading up to the 4-6 range). I was saying that, if we do that, I'd like to see us spend our next two picks on offense as well

KAP isn't going anywhere. I think Gabbert is the prefect fit for chips scheme. No need to waste on a qb if it blows up there's always next year to grab a qb high.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
KAP isn't going anywhere. I think Gabbert is the prefect fit for chips scheme. No need to waste on a qb if it blows up there's always next year to . a qb high.

I agreed with u. We should trade down to target top 10-13 picks. We must grab at 10-13 top @ Josh Doctson #WR. He is very best talent. I was saying Whoaa. He is best s**t ever!

I had no plm cuz we have pretty good with Kap and Gabbert. They are good quarterback.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
and please no one say goff is bpa at 7. Cause he is far from it
  • All22
  • Veteran
Hate it in so many ways!

Elliot is the best RB in the draft but Hyde and Ellior are basically the same type of RB...both are workhorses that can't split carries, both need 15-20 touches a game to wear teams down. Also your not gonna draft a player (at 7) especially a RB to split carries not happening.

Hyde's running style makes him injury prone so it's likely that Elliot will be starting at some point next season. Chip has been known to use 2 HB's in the backfield at the same time and with the blocking ability of both Hyde and Elliot makes them a perfect combo. 15 carries each is about what I want to see.
Originally posted by All22:
Hate it in so many ways!

Elliot is the best RB in the draft but Hyde and Ellior are basically the same type of RB...both are workhorses that can't split carries, both need 15-20 touches a game to wear teams down. Also your not gonna draft a player (at 7) especially a RB to split carries not happening.

Hyde's running style makes him injury prone so it's likely that Elliot will be starting at some point next season. Chip has been known to use 2 HB's in the backfield at the same time and with the blocking ability of both Hyde and Elliot makes them a perfect combo. 15 carries each is about what I want to see.

Lol just assuming he'll continue to get hurt...you don't draft a RB 7th overall to split carries awful pick, especially when you can get a day one starter at other position and can find a RB all over the place in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone