5th Round Pick: ILB Jaylon Smith * Injured

5th Round Pick: RB D.J Foster

6th Round Pick: OG Parker Ehinger

6th Round Pick: OT Tyler Johnstone * Injured

6th Round Pick: DT Adam Gotsis * Injured

6th Round Pick: CB Brian Poole
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Need to address the o line a bit better, otherwise I like it. I think it's worth reaching on Bronson to make sure he is on the team.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Need to address the o line a bit better, otherwise I like it. I think it's worth reaching on Bronson to make sure he is on the team.

Yeah had to pick and chose what I wanted to do. I figured Kaufusis upside is too big to pass up and Shepard just might be available in the 3rd. Could have gone OL early but decided against it.
Yes! Exactly...EXACTLY!!!
I'm skeptical that Shepard and Smith will still be on the board where you took them, but I'd be pumped if they were. I like Kaufusi. I think Scooby doesn't fit the needs well have at ILB. If we score fast, teams will likely want to pass more, and Scooby-Doo would probably be a liability in coverage.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'm skeptical that Shepard and Smith will still be on the board where you took them, but I'd be pumped if they were. I like Kaufusi. I think Scooby doesn't fit the needs well have at ILB. If we score fast, teams will likely want to pass more, and Scooby-Doo would probably be a liability in coverage.

I tried to make this somewhat realistic. Would be amazing to get Shepard in the early 3rd. Smith on the other hand is a complete wild card imo. Could go in the 2nd ( or in 1st round to seattle according to 9moon ) or go undrafted if injury concerns are too big.
Scooby pick is a value pick to me. Could probably get a better athlete but scoobys resume and availability would be too big for baalke to pass up
I'm not a Goff guy, so would go in a different direction, namely Buckner. We don't know what'll happen with Kap, but my sense is the more time he spends around Kelly the greater the odds are he'll stay a Niner.

Taking Buckner in the 1st, I'd probably go OL in the 2nd...maybe Garnett, or a pass rusher like Shilique Calhoun.

Shepard's a good WR, but likely limited to being a slot guy, a role I believe Kelly sees for Ellington. Baalke/Kelly seem prone to look for bigger receivers who can run.

Drafting 3 injured players seems like a lot for a team with many needs. I'd opt for Prescott at QB...his game seems very suited to Kelly's offense.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm not a Goff guy, so would go in a different direction, namely Buckner. We don't know what'll happen with Kap, but my sense is the more time he spends around Kelly the greater the odds are he'll stay a Niner.

Taking Buckner in the 1st, I'd probably go OL in the 2nd...maybe Garnett, or a pass rusher like Shilique Calhoun.

Shepard's a good WR, but likely limited to being a slot guy, a role I believe Kelly sees for Ellington. Baalke/Kelly seem prone to look for bigger receivers who can run.

Drafting 3 injured players seems like a lot for a team with many needs. I'd opt for Prescott at QB...his game seems very suited to Kelly's offense.

I don't think Baalke is going to change his approach to injured players. He always drafts at least 1.

Can't wait for the draft to get here!
Shepherd is shooting up boards. I think I saw a couple NFL analysts predicting he'd go in the 1st. I think late 2nd. Hopefully he is there in the 3rd. Would be a major steal
My issue with Kaufusi is he's gonna be 25 before the season starts I think Shepard and Goff would make fore a solid combo, but I have a felling he's going higher than the 3rd.

would have liked to add some OLB to the that draft and I think your a little early on Isaac Seumalo.

You got some different names in there which is nice.

I still think we go OT in one of the 1st three rounds. Realistic mock though. Shepard is a interesting prospect to me. He might do well in Chip's offense.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Must go bpa and Goff is not bpa at 7. We need starters and impact makers, Jack and Buckner is only way to go. Its a fact Goff is not bpa at 7. Might be be in a few years yes. But as of today he is not
Originally posted by fan49:
Must go bpa and Goff is not bpa at 7. We need starters and impact makers, Jack and Buckner is only way to go. Its a fact Goff is not bpa at 7. Might be be in a few years yes. But as of today he is not

I think both those players are gone at 7, if Goff falls into our laps you have to take him, Gabbert is just a place holder at this time.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
I think both those players are gone at 7, if Goff falls into our laps you have to take him, Gabbert is just a place holder at this time.

How do you know that have you seen him with decent coaching or a decent team?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Agree

Kap won't take less $$$ so I feel he'll be here and find a comfort level w/Chip's system.

I think Buckner is going to be a star BUT he'll be gone at #7.

NO MORE injury picks - Please!
Share 49ersWebzone