LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

If the deal gets done mock!

The Broncos, 49ers and Kap all have to give up something to make it work. We give Kap 3.5 million up front, Kap eats whatever else Denver won't pay and Denver gives us pick 63 instead of pick 94.

R1/P7 Jared Goff QB I still think the Rams might jump up to 6 and snag him. Hopefully they just wait for Lynch.

R2/P37 Jason Spriggs RT Brown is too slow for the Zone.

R2/P63 Joshua Garnett OG protecting our investment.

R3/P68 Ryan Kelly OC we need to rebuild our line with players that fit.

R4/P105 Bronson Kaufusi DE

R4/P133 Kenny Lawyer WR

R5/P142 Keyarris Garrett WR

R5/P145 Alex Collins RB

R5/P174 Keanu Neal S

R6/P178 Tyler Johnstone OT

R6/P207 Sean Davis CB

R6/P211 Eddie Yarbourgh OLB

R6/P213 Joseph Cheek OG
I like where your going with this...

But 5 offensive linemen?? That's a bit much
Put more effort into these or please stop making them.
That was an offense heavy draft. I would like to see something a little more balanced toward our needs as a team.
Where are the pass rushers, I agree with the O linemen but, we need at least 2 OLB's by the 4th, no later than 5th. Plus, Goff can very easily be 2011 version of Blaine, not sold on him or Wentz at 7. Our weakness is O line and pass rushers, these two areas need to be addressed 1st-5th best available at those positions.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
I like where your going with this...

But 5 offensive linemen?? That's a bit much

Agree
5 offensive lineman? Really? I thought you said in one of your other hundreds of mock drafts that you wouldn't pick a QB in the first round. Guess it's hard to keep it all straight when you just spit these out every day.
I like the concept of going heavy on offense if we draft a QB with our first pick. However this is overkill. I'd be happy taking an interior lineman in rounds 2 or 3 and then snagging another later in the draft, but 2/3 lineman you took likely won't start right away on a team where each of our picks in the first three rounds should at least be in the conversation to start.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
5 offensive lineman? Really? I thought you said in one of your other hundreds of mock drafts that you wouldn't pick a QB in the first round. Guess it's hard to keep it all straight when you just spit these out every day.

Yet you read everyone of them. And I didn't say I wouldn't I just don't think he will be there at 7. Plus I'm not as down on Kap as everyone else. I think he could get back to were he was before with good coaches and a good Oline.
[ Edited by SFBuckeye on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:30 PM ]
Yea 5 might of been much but our Oline is bad and I think we need a RG and a RT and to replace some of our backups. Brown is going to get beat badly in a zone scheme.

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Yet you read everyone of them.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Put more effort into these or please stop making them.
You don't have to read!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
hopefully they dont wait for lynch. Look i have a good feeling goff does fit the first part of chips offense. But kelly has been missing a dual threat qb his whole nfl career. and everyone says his offense has been figured out or wont work. Goff wont give him an opportunity to prove different. And no kaep doesnt fit it at all. He is fast not agile, and he cant make split second reads. Thats my input based off facts
Originally posted by fan49:
hopefully they dont wait for lynch. Look i have a good feeling goff does fit the first part of chips offense. But kelly has been missing a dual threat qb his whole nfl career. and everyone says his offense has been figured out or wont work. Goff wont give him an opportunity to prove different. And no kaep doesnt fit it at all. He is fast not agile, and he cant make split second reads. Thats my input based off facts

I disagree a little Kap needs the offense geared towards his strengths. He's never going to be a QB that sits in the pocket and hit his 4th read. You put him in there give him 2 reads and let him run if they aren't open. No QB could have succeeded in the offense he had last year. They had like 20 plays defenses knew immediately what we were running. Plus 3 different injuries held him back last year. Our coaching was horrible last year, if you put our coaches last year in New England Tom Brady would look like a scrub.
You know, the crazy thing is, despite your totally insane drafting of 5 OL, I actually like a lot of this draft.

I think you just need to take one of the early OL and one of the late OL and turn them into an OLB and a DL. Or maybe an ILB and DL, since you do have that OLB late.

But surprisingly nice draft considering how much you tied your hands with 5 OL....
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I disagree a little Kap needs the offense geared towards his strengths. He's never going to be a QB that sits in the pocket and hit his 4th read. You put him in there give him 2 reads and let him run if they aren't open. No QB could have succeeded in the offense he had last year. They had like 20 plays defenses knew immediately what we were running. Plus 3 different injuries held him back last year. Our coaching was horrible last year, if you put our coaches last year in New England Tom Brady would look like a scrub.

chip has like 6 plays lol. point is is that kaep is fast not agile but he cant make reads as good or as quick as gabbert so it makes no difference. and no one know what we really have in gabbert. 1st round talent, went to a s**t team. and looked pretty good last year. he should get a shot to show what he can do period. i would hate to have gabbert be elite and we just threw him away. nt saying he is just no one has any footage of him on a deent nfl roster.
Share 49ersWebzone