There are 164 users in the forums

top qb's rated

avg number drafted 12 last 5 years. 5 in top 100. Avg 1 maybe 2 starters a year. Over all a much better group then the 2014 QB's and maybe the best in over a decade and likely best qb class since 1983. Crazy talented 5 QB's with 1st rd grades

1. Jared Goff 6'4 215 California top 5 pick..not as good as P Manning but similar skill set a WOW! passer used to carrying his team on his shoulders 36 wonderlic
2. Paxton Lynch 6'6 240 Memphis top 10 pick has some Roethlisberger/Cam Newton similarities very accurate deep thrower 36 vertical and almost 10' broad jump elite arm/elite athlete with some footwork issues, very competitive a battler

3. Carson Wentz 6'5 231 North Dakota St top 15 6'6 230 handles pressure well both inside and on the move, fearless accurate passer 2X Academic All American some Bradford/Flacco similarities very talented game manager 40 wonderlic

4. Cardale Jones 6'5 253 9 3/4 hands 1st handles chaos/high ceiling very raw and will take time but very talented highest ceiling of all the QB's in this draft real risk factor but love the competitiveness, brains and tangibles...likely will win multiple Super Bowls
5. Conner Cook 1st 6'4 217 9 3/4 hands Michigan 1st fast reads, nfl arm/body but struggles with chaos but also a winner 9-2 in games decide by 7 pts or less. 34-2 overall as a starter hard evaluation but the more games I watch the more I like him 3X Academic All-Big Ten Completion % hurt by few numbers of drop offs not playing qb friendly offense
6. . Brandon Allen Arkansas 6''1 8 7/8 hands 2nd/3rd Jeremiah," reminds me of "Jimmy Garoppolo"...me too r undersized QB . elite ability to throw on the move and throw under pressure..plus very smart, plays like a #1 draft pick similar hand size/skill set as Tony Romo

7. Dak Prescott 6'2 226 10 7/8 hands Mississippi St 3rd/4th a bull dog/winner with some talent similar to Wilson..has the ability to run for 40+ first downs a year while still being a decent nfl passer a foxhole type player hates to lose and a natural leader
8. Brandon Doughty 6'3 215 Western Kentucky /3rd/5th has the swagger/instincts of a top NFL qb elite sleeper reminds me of Drew Brees skinny body not sure how well he will hold up average arm
9. Jake Coker 6'5 232 5th/6th Alabama Florida St transfer couldn't beat out Winston at Florida st or Blake Sims at Alabama similar to Sean Mannion(with more mobility) without the experience..big time arm/size/intelligence but lacks production 49th rated qb per pff
10. Kevin Hogan 4thrd/5th 6'3 1/2 217 Stanford no WOW! but a decent prospect with below avg pocket presence
11. Jeff Driscoll 4th/6th Louisiana Tech 6'4 230 looks like a nfl qb former #1 high school qb prospect in the nation great senior season great sleeper pick
12.Christian Hackenberg 6'4 228 9 inch hands 4th/6th Penn St elite arm arm, team captain, hard worker but with an erratic arm. real wildcard Our fifth-lowest graded quarterback in this draft class in 2015, and lowest graded in 2014 per pff
13.Jacoby Brissett North Carolina St 6'3 235 has the arm/body but noticeably slow in his reads will be over drafted because skill set
14. Nate Sudfield 6'6 240 Indiana 4th/5th has a top nfl arm lacks elite vision/instincts
15.Cody Kessler 6'1 215 USC 6/7th lacks NFL talent..backup type
16. Vernon Adams 6th/udfa 5'10 1/2 200 Oregon small 8 3/4 hands vs Russell Wilson large 10 1/4 hands and Wilson weights 10 lbs so not the same player but both are natural QB's. 2nd most accurate deep thrower in the draft per pff. good shrine but likely a good career backup because of his hands/size who needs to play indoors or for a warm weather team
Interesting order though not sure I agree on Wentz being below Lynch. I do agree that Goff is #1. And while I'm about as big of a homer there is (I went to high school with the guy), objectively I think he's the clear number one.

I like guys that have been highly touted as NFL prospects for a long time. Not guys that skyrocket at the end of their senior season or in the pre draft process. Goff has improved significantly year over year and his team followed his progression. I think the #1 most difficult thing for young quarterbacks to learn is mobility within the pocket and having a willingness to step into a throw, knowing you're getting hit and delivering the ball accurately. That is Goff's best attribute.

I think he's uniquely positioned to overcome having a poor team around him. Wentz's team, on the other hand, has always been stacked relative to his competition and his team excelled without him. I think it's going to be a much tougher transition for him.
Wentz #2 in my opinion. He has a massive ceiling if he gets with the right coaches and team.
Paxton Lynch is a bust in the making. I'd much rather have Wentz over him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Paxton Lynch is a bust in the making. I'd much rather have Wentz over him.

The concerns with Lynch are that he is the closest to Kaepernick of the top 5 QB prospects. Long delivery motion, played in the most basic offense, reportedly struggled remembering plays done on the whiteboard during interviews, bad footwork to boot.

I think he'll have the hardest time by far of the top prospects transitioning his game from college to the NFL.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 4, 2016 at 2:49 PM ]
I'm liking Dak Prescott more and more.

I'm not an expert BUT I don't feel Wentz nor Goff are franchise QB's

I feel they'l be very good players, especially Wentz.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
where did you get your top 3. every paid expert and analyst has wentz before goff... i do to i actually have goff rated about 20 in a big board
  • fan49
  • Veteran
but by your list i would def. grab jones later than use a 1st on a qb. so we can get someone to develop with a high cieling, and get an impact guy day 1. day 1 guys are supposed to start instantly
Share 49ersWebzone