LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Hightop's 2nd 2016 mock

I would love to see DE / OLB S. Callhoun ( Mich State) added to our roster.
Jack is a terrific player...but I'd approach the draft a little differently. If I'm Baalke, I do whatever it takes to get Buckner. His NFL potential is off the charts and installing him at one of the DE/DT positions sets up success for all positions behind him and his DL mates. With Ian Williams' somewhat cloudy Niner future, DC O'Neil can slide Dial inside while Ian fully recovers. Your way might work, as well, but for me any time you can upgrade your front 3 you do that before adding pieces behind it.

I like Shilique Calhoun at OLB...great measurables and noted as a terrific locker room guy. Garnett's a good pick at OG (are you listening, AD?). I don't see ILB as a big problem area...Hodges looks to be a real player alongside Bowman. Saw him play at Levi's Stadium vs Bengals...dude was all over the field making plays. Getting some better depth would be good, though. Kauvasi's a fine player, but Buckner's by far the best DL in this draft.

My sleeper receiver (so to speak) is Geronimo Allision (Illinois), who has great size (6-3, 200) and dominated DB's at both the Shrine and Senior Bowl games. His 40 time isn't what Mitchell's is, but he still got consistent separation and has great hands.

Killebrew's a huge hitter, but we already have that w/Tartt. I'd go CB, instead.

I wouldn't draft 2 QB's...too many other needs. I'd go w/Prescott, whose game, size and athleticism would be a good fit w/Kelly.
Killebrew is a luxury pick admittedly (we do have a plethora of them) and tell the truth if Karl Joseph was in the third I'd grab him in a second instead, not because they play a PON but simply because they are just hardnosed kicka$$ football players and in Killebrew's case a guy (like Tartt) who could be used in subpackages at LB. We are stacked at S but Bethea is as they say on the wrong side of 30 and was injured last year. Anyway questioning the pick from as a PON certainly has validity..
Share 49ersWebzone