There are 338 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG Stanford

Don't see a thread for him. I've seen a lot of mocks taking him from the 2nd-3rd round

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/joshua-garnett?id=2555138

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/134455/joshua-garnett

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that 49ers HC Chip Kelly was "enamored" with Stanford G Joshua Garnett at last week's Pro Day event.

Kelly spent time with Garnett and his agent at the exhibition. Presumably, Garnett would love to get plucked up by the local 49ers. He performed well at his Pro Day, per Pauline, "easily moving about the field and showing good punch." Garnett may be the most powerful interior blocker in this class. Look for him to go in the second round. Mar 20 - 2:17 PM

He was outland trophy winner this past season and would be a prefect fit for chip. I really do like Tiller but seems like Chip loves this guy brings a nasty to the OL.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 2, 2016 at 10:55 AM ]
Big fan of Garnett. The guy has a nasty streak. He loves to finish blocks and bury guys into the turf. I think he would be a great fit in Kelly's heavy inside zone scheme.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think he would be a great fit in Kelly's heavy inside zone scheme.

He is the exact sort of guard that Kelly was lacking last year. Athletic enough but a mauler on inside zone run plays.

My only real concern with him is that like with Iupati, Garnett is a dominant run blocker and a so-so pass blocker.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 2, 2016 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think he would be a great fit in Kelly's heavy inside zone scheme.

He is the exact sort of guard that Kelly was lacking last year. Athletic enough but a mauler on inside zone run plays.

My only real concern with him is that like with Iupati, Garnett is a dominant run blocker and a so-so pass blocker.

Yeah I don't know much about him but I was wondering if hes athletic enough for Kellys offense..ive seen mocks where he goes in the 2nd..
Draft heem
Best guard in the draft. One helluva mauler.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Don't see a thread for him. I've seen a lot of mocks taking him from the 2nd-3rd round

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/joshua-garnett?id=2555138

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/134455/joshua-garnett

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that 49ers HC Chip Kelly was "enamored" with Stanford G Joshua Garnett at last week's Pro Day event.

Kelly spent time with Garnett and his agent at the exhibition. Presumably, Garnett would love to get plucked up by the local 49ers. He performed well at his Pro Day, per Pauline, "easily moving about the field and showing good punch." Garnett may be the most powerful interior blocker in this class. Look for him to go in the second round. Mar 20 - 2:17 PM

He was outland trophy winner this past season and would be a prefect fit for chip. I really do like Tiller but seems like Chip loves this guy brings a nasty to the OL.

Thoughts?

For the past couple of weeks I've had the Niners taking him with their 2nd RD pick. With the interior of Beadles, Kilgore and Garnett, Niners inside running game will be infinitely better this year.
[ Edited by crew on Apr 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM ]
I believe Baalke's got a giant bullseye on him at 37
If Denver gets Kap this could be their 1st pick. I think the Jags could be players in the 2nd, but they'd require a trade a leap us.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Totally agree.

MD--him vs. Whitehair?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I'll bet dollars to donuts he's gone before then.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
MD--him vs. Whitehair?

How do Garnett, Whitehair, Connor McGovern compare? Strengths/weaknesses?
Originally posted by Butter:
How do Garnett, Whitehair, Connor McGovern compare? Strengths/weaknesses?

Garnett is the biggest, the most powerful run blocker with great length, I think Whitehair has the best movement ability but lacking in length and McGovern is kind of a jack of all trades but needs the most improvement to his technique. Just IMO.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 3, 2016 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by shmuck:
Best guard in the draft. One helluva mauler.

Yep. He's a stud
Share 49ersWebzone