There are 164 users in the forums

The #$% up the Draft Boards Top 12 edition

Most people have the draft going a certain way, here's one possible, out of left field scenario that I think would be interesting.

1. Tennessee Titans-Jalen Ramsey-FS. Titans taken a dominant defensive playmaker to help rebuild their secondary. They later move up for Taylor Decker of Ohio State to add a needed left tackle.

2. Cleveland Browns-Laremy Tunsil-OT. Browns acquire a new franchise left tackle while trading Joe Thomas for a late 1st round pick and change. They use that later pick to acquire Paxton Lynch.

3. San Diego Chargers-Ronnie Stanley-OT. Chargers snag a left tackle to help protect their star QB. Stanley becomes an instant starter for them.

4. Dallas Cowboys-Ezekiel Elliot-RB. Dallas grabs the top RB in the draft and adds a true playmaker that can be a nightmare behind their imposing OL.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars-Myles Jack-ILB. Jacksonville continues building up their defense, adding a speedy playmaker at LB.

6. Baltimore Ravens-DeForest Buckner-DE. Buckner is too tempting to pass up here for the Ravens as they further improve their DL, passing up on the chance to take Hargreaves.

7. San Francisco 49ers-Carson Wentz-QB. The 49ers pass up on local QB Jared Goff to go with the player with higher upside.

8. Philadelphia Eagles-Shaq Lawson-DE. The Eagles give their new DC and 4-3 defense a tough, high motor player to start at DE for them.

9. Miami Dolphins-Vernon Hargreaves-CB. The Dolphins rush this selection up to the podium.

10. New York Giants-Joey Bosa-DE. Giants reap the benefits of picking up a huge steal in Bosa.

11. Chicago Bears-Jared Goff-QB. The Bears get a QBOTF that they can develop to help them move on from Jay Cutler.

12. New Orleans Saints-Laquon Treadwell-WR. Saints get a replacement for Colston and a perfect complement at WR to Brandin Cooks.
No Goff no care :(
Your crazy man

Imagine if Goff was there and we passed on him lol
  • bors
  • Veteran
9rs pass on local guy for qb with more upside. Yeah think we have all seen that movie before
Originally posted by bors:
9rs pass on local guy for qb with more upside. Yeah think we have all seen that movie before

Except Wentz isn't Smith and Goff isn't Rodgers. I wouldn't be shocked to see the 49ers take either......or none of them.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Your crazy man

Lulz running back in the top 5 lulz.... so smart
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Your crazy man

LOL Baalke would have to go into the witness protection program
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Anything is possible. I doubt the Browns get a 1st round pick for Thomas though. Maybe the Vikes will trade their 2nd rounder to bolster their O-Line.

Thomas - Boone - Sullivan - Fusco - Smith with Kalil, Loadholt, Berger, and Easton as depth. They could trade Kalil for a mid-late pick for those teams desperate.

I could see Baalke acquiring Kalil to compete with Pears and Brown at RT should A. Davis decide to remain retired.
Originally posted by DonaldTrump:
Lulz running back in the top 5 lulz.... so smart

Its not like Elliott to Dallas is that farfetched. He has met with the Cowboys and Dallas beat writers have confirmed that there is real interest in him.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its not like Elliott to Dallas is that farfetched. He has met with the Cowboys and Dallas beat writers have confirmed that there is real interest in him.

I'm not sure the Cowboys go RB
Murray had a great season while he was there, but struggled behind the Eagles. McFadden broke 1000 yards last season, something he hadn't done for awhile. The common denominator between the two is that amazing offensive line.
Throw in the Morris signing and it's beginning to look like the cowboys are getting to run a 3 man backfield (McFadden, Morris, Randle)

What I'm getting at is I believe their GM recognizes the fact he doesn't need first round/big money talent to have a productive RB when your o-line performs the way they do.
They have D-line and secondary needs that I think are more important right now than the RB spot
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM ]
Your crazy man

Wentz or Jack would be the only ones I wouldn't hate passing on Goff for.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Your crazy man

Wentz or Jack would be the only ones I wouldn't hate passing on Goff for.

Co-signed.
I can absolutely see the first two picks going that way. That would definitely shake things up
Phoenix...assuming Kap's all in by the draft, I see Baalke trading up a slot to get Buckner, the best DL in this draft. With Ian Williams' uncertainty, it makes great sense to move Dial to NT while IW fully recovers. Think about an Armstead - Dial/Williams - Buckner front 3. Their potential is off the charts. Just don't see TB taking a QB in the 1st when he'll arguably have 3 healthy QB's and could substantially beef up what was a woefully inadequate front 3 in 2015.
Share 49ersWebzone