There are 201 users in the forums

Baalke to surprise everyone and trade up

He's going to target one of these players - Bosa, Ramsey or Tunsil.
If this happened are you okay with it?
[ Edited by mr49er on Mar 31, 2016 at 11:16 PM ]
Why not Buckner? He might be the best player in the draft and a perfect fit in Kelly's defense.

If Bosa could be an OLB I'd be happy with him.

As for Tunsil...not sure they should spend a high first round pick on a OT who may or may not fit Kelly's system and would be playing the same position as the niners best lineman. Wouldn't be surprised to see him slip down for injury and character risk issues.

Ramsey is another guy who plays a position that is already fairly strong.

My sense is that Baalke will move to get a QB or a pass rusher but that's about it. In which case he is more likely to stay put or trade down.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 1, 2016 at 6:28 PM ]
I think tunsil is a lock for 1

Bosa not in top 5

Ramsey is who id pick
Bosa not in top 5? He's the best pass rusher in this draft. We need a OLB than can draw double teams.
Bosa as a top 5 pick edge rusher is laughable with his slow get off, lack of explosion or closing speed, average athleticism, doesn't chain together moves, etc. dude looks like a strong, stiff robot on the field.

Go watch Myles Garrett play. That's what a real top 5 pick GAME WRECKING edge rusher looks like. Complete package. No holes.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 1, 2016 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Bosa as a top 5 edge rusher is laughable with his slow get off, lack of explosion or closing speed, average athleticism, doesn't chain together moves, etc. dude looks like a strong, stiff robot on the field.

Go watch Myles Garrett play. That's what a real top 5 GAME WRECKINGN edge rusher looks like. Complete package.

Dont see Bosa working out in a 3-4. He is Jared Allen all over again. Would be a fish out of water pick with the 49ers.
Nice to see Mods abusing their power.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Nice to see Mods abusing their power.

Trading up would not be for Bosa. Not a fit. Probably not Ramsey safety is not a need even Though He's Probably the drafts safest prospect. Tunsil I can see with the Davis b.s. even though we got Staley.

I think the most likely trade up targets are goff, wentz, or Jack.

In a word, "no". The only guy I can see truly worth trading up for is Buckner. With Ian Williams' Niner future rather cloudy, DC O'Neil could shift Dial to NT while Ian recovers and potentially find his best position. A front of Armstead - DialWilliams - Buckner should be a force to reckon with, as opposed to a front 3 that was inconsistent, at best in 2015. Our entire defense would be upgraded, as the pressure on the LB's and secondary would be much more manageable.
Wentz
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No. The only position that warrants a trade-up is QB, that's it.
I strongly doubt Baalke will trade up. If anything at all he will trade down.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
In a word, "no". The only guy I can see truly worth trading up for is Buckner. With Ian Williams' Niner future rather cloudy, DC O'Neil could shift Dial to NT while Ian recovers and potentially find his best position. A front of Armstead - DialWilliams - Buckner should be a force to reckon with, as opposed to a front 3 that was inconsistent, at best in 2015. Our entire defense would be upgraded, as the pressure on the LB's and secondary would be much more manageable.

This a thousand times this
Share 49ersWebzone