LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Would love for this to happen

- Draft Goff
- Trade Kaepernick to the Jets for their #51 overall (#20 in the 2nd round)
- Trade #51 overall to a below average team that needs the help for their 2017 1st round pick

This would likely give us two top 10-15 picks in the 1st round next year.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Mar 30, 2016 at 7:07 PM ]
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Goff and really hope your supposedly great evaluation of players is true bc you think hes going to be a franchise QB..and we sure could use one..

I'm not so sure the Jets give up their 51st overall for Kaepernick..more like a 3rd unless they get real desperate but again I hope your correct..

and I'm unsure a team gives a future 1st for the 20th pick in the 2nd round..more like an early 3rd this year and future 2nd..if it was an early 2nd..say the 49ers pick then I'm thinking teams would offer a future 1st..14 picks in between I think..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 31, 2016 at 7:02 AM ]
The Jets could possibly trade for Kaeperknick if Fitzpatrick bolts for another team .....but it will be hard for Fitz to find the chemistry with other WR's he has with Marshall and Decker , the Jets need Fitz just as bad as Fitz needs the Jets
Jets arent giving up a 2nd rounder for Kaepernick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Don't tell Kanye that!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Don't tell Kanye that!

LOL..i literally laughed out loud..u hit the nail on the head..!
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Goff and really hope your supposedly great evaluation of players is true bc you think hes going to be a franchise QB..and we sure could use one..

I'm not so sure the Jets give up their 51st overall for Kaepernick..more like a 3rd unless they get real desperate but again I hope your correct..

and I'm unsure a team gives a future 1st for the 20th pick in the 2nd round..more like an early 3rd this year and future 2nd..if it was an early 2nd..say the 49ers pick then I'm thinking teams would offer a future 1st..14 picks in between I think..

If we can land him we really need to. I simply do not trust Wentz enough and we just got done with a run style QB. Not too anxious to jump into that again so soon. I think Goff would completely change the atmosphere surrounding the 49ers club. From Stadium, to team, to fans. I'm not sure they do either but it doesn't look like Fitz is going to budge on his demands. He and his agent seem pretty set on feeling they are not only worthy of the money they demand but deserving or owed. Fitz is being advised by his agent to not accept whatever the Jets are willing to top out at and to just wait for another team to suffer an injury or performance issue and then get what he wants in a contract.

If the draft goes how I suspect it will, no QB prospect better than Kaep will be available anywhere near the Jets #51 overall selection and they may just decide it would be wise and best to make the move for Kaepernick at that point. Especially if we grab Goff.

I do agree somewhat on the trade for picks but again, the Jets may deem it worth it since they have a defense, and other pieces in place. The staff is also fresh so there is a small chance they make a move like this. They could also be left with no choice as well. Not to mention we could throw in our 2017 4th or something.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Mar 31, 2016 at 10:08 AM ]
with jets looking to trade Wilkerson, I would assume Wilkerson would be part of an Kap trade scenario. Wilkerson is a young proven talent who can stay healthy throughout the season. He has also excelled in the 3-4 scheme so there is little to no risk that he would fit right in. We would have the cap space to extend him and lynch towards the end of the 2016 season too
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
The Jets could possibly trade for Kaeperknick if Fitzpatrick bolts for another team .....but it will be hard for Fitz to find the chemistry with other WR's he has with Marshall and Decker , the Jets need Fitz just as bad as Fitz needs the Jets

The first half is true, however the 2nd half is not.

If the Broncos try and play hard ball with us and get in a rough spot with Sanchez plus do not get a top 3 prospect in the draft (which is very likely they don't) then they may start restructuring guys or cutting guys like Clady to make room for a contract like Fitz' if they can agree on something. With the Broncos you may get a small price break from Fitz because he is almost guaranteed to look good or great throughout the season and would then be able to once again ask for a huge number from other teams next off season. If this was to take place the Jets may have no choice but to make a move for Kaep with their #51 overall because that is what the Buccaneers are going to want for Glennon anyway. It would be to their benefit to grab Kaep with that pick.

read above

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Don't tell Kanye that!

who hurt you?

Originally posted by MrMrMEanerMister:

If we can land him we really need to. I simply do not trust Wentz enough and we just got done with a run style QB. Not to anxious to jump into that again so soon. I think Goff would completely change the atmosphere surrounding the 49ers club. From Stadium, to team, to fans. I'm not sure they do either but it doesn't look like Fitz is going to budge on his demands. He and his agent seem pretty set on feeling they are not only worthy of the money they demand but deserving or owed. Fitz is being advised by his agent to not accept whatever the Jets are willing to top out at and to just wait for another team to suffer an injury or performance issue and then get what he wants in a contract.

If the draft goes how I suspect it will, no QB prospect better than Kaep will be available anywhere near the Jets #51 overall selection and they may just decide it would be wise and best to make the move for Kaepernick at that point. Especially if we grab Goff.

I do agree somewhat on the trade for picks but again, the Jets may deem it worth it since they have a defense, and other pieces in place. The staff is also fresh so a small chance they make a move like this. They could also be left with no choice as well. Not to mention we could throw in our 2017 4th or something.

Yeah its all a possibility..so who really knows..but i would love it and go crazy if everything you said happened..

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
with jets looking to trade Wilkerson, I would assume Wilkerson would be part of an Kap trade scenario. Wilkerson is a young proven talent who can stay healthy throughout the season. He has also excelled in the 3-4 scheme so there is little to no risk that he would fit right in. We would have the cap space to extend him and lynch towards the end of the 2016 season too

I'm okay with that but rather than paying one guy, I'd prefer to just wait until he becomes available in free agency and go after their 2nd and turn that 2nd into a 2017 1st. It's much, much smarter. We could then get our own Wilkerson next year or Garrett for much, much less and he'd be cheap for 4-5 years. That's the smart way to go.
Not to mention going my way means Baalke turned Kaep into a 1st rounder for our club.
Originally posted by MrMrMEanerMister:

lol nice..i wont deny or hate..nice..
Share 49ersWebzone