LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 195 users in the forums

Andra's lazy man mock

• Andra
  • Veteran
I'm not very good at mock drafts but here is my lazy version of what I want to see happen.

The 49ers trade pick #7,3rd round #68, and 6th round #178 to the Chargers for the 3rd pick of the draft.
The 49ers trade 4th round pick #105 and 5th round pick #142 to the Broncos for their 3rd round pick #98

1st round #3 Deforest Buckner DE Oregon Baalke realizes that he does not want to miss out on the guy that will improve the defense more than anyone else in the draft.

2nd round #37 Christian Westerman OG Arizona st.Might be a reach but one of the most important team needs is filled.

3rd round #98 Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers This is the guy to replace Anquan

4th round #133 Tyler Ervin RB San Jose st. dynamic change of pace back.

5th round #145 DJ Reader DT Clemson might just be the steal of the draft.

5th round #174 Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin under rated athlete takes lemon heads spot.

6th round #207, #211, #213 BPA

Discuss.
Love every player you selected I also hope they use all that ammo to get the players they are targeting. quality over quantity....not sure they're gonna have to move up to 3 for Buckner though (it would cost more than what your saying as well)

That said love Buckner, Westerman is my OG to target, I have Carroo in my last mock (reported we are working him out), Evrin is gonna be a Niner calling it now, and I think Schobert is under rated think he might be moved to ILB though.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love every player you selected I also hope they use all that ammo to get the players they are targeting. quality over quantity....not sure they're gonna have to move up to 3 for Buckner though (it would cost more than what your saying as well)

That said love Buckner, Westerman is my OG to target, I have Carroo in my last mock (reported we are working him out), Evrin is gonna be a Niner calling it now, and I think Schobert is under rated think he might be moved to ILB though.

Thanks, my thought was that the Chargers biggest need is a 3-4 DE so I figured I would try to move up and grab Buckner 1st. What do you think it would cost to move up to the 3rd spot.
its not the fact of being good at mock drafts its jus opinions on player you would like the team to take and you did great..I like it..ive been reading a lot of mocks with Caroo being tken in the 3..im a Jersey boy and I honestly don't know very much about the kid other then he was suspended a couple games I think for a fight not positive but I'm going to be very aware now since I'm about to watch his tape..but like NY said Buckner,Westerman,Reader and Ervin are great picks..good job and thanks..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 29, 2016 at 6:20 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
its not the fact of being good at mock drafts its jus opinions on player you would like the team to take and you did great..I like it..ive been reading a lot of mocks with Caroo being tken in the 3..im a Jersey boy and I honestly don't know very much about the kid other then he was suspended a couple games I think for a fight not positive but I'm going to be very aware now since I'm about to watch his tape..but like NY said Buckner,Westerman,Reader and Ervin are great picks..good job and thanks..

Thanks bro, Caroo got in trouble for breaking up a fight between his current girlfriend and his ex girlfriend. Reports say he bodyslammed the ex-girlfriend
Originally posted by Andra:
Thanks, my thought was that the Chargers biggest need is a 3-4 DE so I figured I would try to move up and grab Buckner 1st. What do you think it would cost to move up to the 3rd spot.

I think SD losing Weedle was big and Ramsey is a straight stud. Also their OL was a joke last year I think both could be looked at before DL especially with the depth at DL in this draft.

It would cost us our 2nd and 3rd according to the draft value chart

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/
Originally posted by jersey49er:

You should go watch carroo I have him in my last mock...he reminds me of golden Tate and a faster boldin.

He doesn't drop balls, is tough up the middle, gets YAC, loves to block...he'd be a prefect fit for chip.
I'm not very good at mock drafts but here is my lazy version of what I want to see happen.

The 49ers trade pick #7,3rd round #68, and 6th round #178 to the Chargers for the 3rd pick of the draft.
The 49ers trade 4th round pick #105 and 5th round pick #142 to the Broncos for their 3rd round pick #98

1st round #3 Deforest Buckner DE Oregon Baalke realizes that he does not want to miss out on the guy that will improve the defense more than anyone else in the draft.

2nd round #37 Christian Westerman OG Arizona st.Might be a reach but one of the most important team needs is filled.

3rd round #98 Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers This is the guy to replace Anquan

4th round #133 Tyler Ervin RB San Jose st. dynamic change of pace back.

5th round #145 DJ Reader DT Clemson might just be the steal of the draft.

5th round #174 Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin under rated athlete takes lemon heads spot.

6th round #207, #211, #213 BPA

Discuss.

That doesn't seem like near enough to trade up to #3. San Diego is in a really good position with a chance to get one of the two elite prospects in the draft in Ramsey or Tunsil. Pretty sure that trade would heavily favor us in the trade value chart as well. If we had lost one more game, we may be in position to give up a 3rd and 5th/6th to move from 5 to 3, but there's no way they make that trade to drop to 7.

Edit: Just looked it up. That's not even considered enough value to move from 5 to 3 let alone 7 to 3. You can throw our late round picks out the window because they aren't worth s**t compared to 1st round picks. In your trade, the 49ers would be getting the 3rd pick (worth 2200 points) while giving up a combined 1771 points for those 3 picks. Our 1st and 2nd round picks are worth a combined 2030 which probably isn't enough to move up. We put ourselves in a tough situation by winning a bunch of fluke games, but now we'll have to wait and see who drops to 7.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Mar 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
That doesn't seem like near enough to trade up to #3. San Diego is in a really good position with a chance to get one of the two elite prospects in the draft in Ramsey or Tunsil. Pretty sure that trade would heavily favor us in the trade value chart as well. If we had lost one more game, we may be in position to give up a 3rd and 5th/6th to move from 5 to 3, but there's no way they make that trade to drop to 7.

Yeah, NY said the same thing. I should have made that trade more realistic. The point I was getting at is Buckner is worth trading up for if a deal can be made
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Edit: Just looked it up. That's not even considered enough value to move from 5 to 3 let alone 7 to 3. You can throw our late round picks out the window because they aren't worth s**t compared to 1st round picks. In your trade, the 49ers would be getting the 3rd pick (worth 2200 points) while giving up a combined 1771 points for those 3 picks. Our 1st and 2nd round picks are worth a combined 2030 which probably isn't enough to move up. We put ourselves in a tough situation by winning a bunch of fluke games, but now we'll have to wait and see who drops to 7.

It definitely sucks to lose draft position because of winning meaningless games. That being said I always want my team to play for the win meaningless or not.

Yeah, NY said the same thing. I should have made that trade more realistic. The point I was getting at is Buckner is worth trading up for if a deal can be made

It would cost a 2nd and a 3rd round pick at minimum to move up to #3, as much as I like Buckner, in a DL deep draft, its not worth it. Give me a QB or a pass rusher in the 1st and take Butler to play DE in the 2nd.
Ok don't hate me for this but I'll take Elliot with my first pick cause Chip hired a running back coach essentially as his OC. We all know Chip will call the plays. I would also like pick Cardale Jones in the second and trade back into the second round and take whatever stud that falls.
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
Ok don't hate me for this but I'll take Elliot with my first pick cause Chip hired a running back coach essentially as his OC. We all know Chip will call the plays. I would also like pick Cardale Jones in the second and trade back into the second round and take whatever stud that falls.

Share 49ersWebzone