LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

2017 QB draft class

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
RB.

But its all about Myles Garrett.

I'd be ecstatic with Deshaun Watson doe.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Luke Falk, WKU - 6'4, 215 - will get knocked for the system he plays in, but he's a stud. Love his story too. Former walk on, who was thrown into action as a redshirt Frosh, and played well. And last year in his first year as a starter threw for 4561, 38 TDs, and only 8 INTs (in an offense where everyone knows they're going to throw it). Calling it now, he'll be a 1st rounder.

Greg Ward, Houston - very good passer, dynamic runner. Excelled in his first year under Herman's offense and could only get better. He's on the Russell Wilson side of the size chart though, which will make him fall.

DeShone Kizer, ND - I hate ND as a school first and foremost, so me including him, must mean I see something I like. Think if he wins the starting job (in my opinion he should), will have a year to star and could come out and go early.

As a ND fan, I think Zaire and Kizer have a 50/50 shot at winning the starting job. Kizer was a pleasant surprise, but I didn't see anything that made me think he'll be a first round pick. We had a very talented offense with an elite offensive line, solid running game (didn't lose a step when Folston went down), and some talent at WR with Fuller, Robinson, and Brown. It will be interesting to see how the offense looks next year with Stanley, Martin, Fuller, and Brown gone on offense (and Procise, but Folston and Adams are as good).

Deshaun Watson is on another level than these guys in my opinion.

Never suggested he was a 1st rounder yet. But he has potential to be an early round pick. 6'4/230, good runner, good passer. If he wins the job, and has a really good season, I could see people starting to buzz about him. There's alot to like about him. Again, he by no means is a early pick yet. But Paxton Lynch wasn't either til he had a very good season. Kizer is a guy to keep an eye on if he wins the starting job though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Watson would be a stud in chips system...I all in on him in a trade up.

exactly my 1st thought when I read the names..the kid is athletic smart great arm and accuracy..def the best QB coming out next year..
I think we will be just good enough not to have a shot at Watson, Garrett, Barnett or Fournette just like we were just good enough to be out of range for Bosa, Jack, Tunsil or Ramsey.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm just not buying the strong armed-athletic QB anymore, I much rather have a pocket passer.

Thing is he's a good pocket QB as well, he was super accurate last year he reminds me of Mariota with a bigger arm.

He's alright in the pocket, he's not really a progressions type of guy. I saw a few times he get's a little jumpy when there's pressure and will take off. A read-option type of QB, again not impressed by that. Hopefully they stay far away from these type of QB's.

Jared Goff or BUST!!!

I mean that's kinda what chip runs no?

Chip Kelly in his first two years in the NFL his offenses ranked #2 and #5 overall with two different QB's that are far from a DeShaun Watson or Colin Kaepernick type. Kelly's offenses are two totally different animals from college and the Pro's, he's adapted to the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/chip-kelly-we-dont-run-some-magical-offense/

Kelly said he's less married to his schemes than most people would think, and more like Broncos coach John Fox, who showed over the last two years that he could dramatically change his team's offense depending on the personnel.
Rather tank for when Josh Rosen declares kid is going to be special
Chip Kelly in his first two years in the NFL his offenses ranked #2 and #5 overall with two different QB's that are far from a DeShaun Watson or Colin Kaepernick type. Kelly's offenses are two totally different animals from college and the Pro's, he's adapted to the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/chip-kelly-we-dont-run-some-magical-offense/

Kelly said he's less married to his schemes than most people would think, and more like Broncos coach John Fox, who showed over the last two years that he could dramatically change his team's offense depending on the personnel.

When life gives you lemons chip made lemonade there's a reason he has a hard on for Mariota....he can play in and outside of the pocket, is accurate, plus has the athletic ability to run and make the offense that much harder to defend...Watson offers all of that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

When life gives you lemons chip made lemonade there's a reason he has a hard on for Mariota....he can play in and outside of the pocket, is accurate, plus has the athletic ability to run and make the offense that much harder to defend...Watson offers all of that.

Mariota is a far better passer than Watson who has been fortunate to have good receivers by his side. Yes Watson will take off and run, but again that stuff won't go far in the NFL. There's a reason the Brady's, Manning's, Rivers and Brees' have had long careers in the NFL, because they know how to distribute the ball and I'll even add Cam Newton in there. Kelly knows that his college Spread offense won't work in the NFL, he knows NFL DC's have seen it all, which is his reasons for adapting, something Harbaugh should've done.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

I love this kid, honestly and I might get knocked for this, but he reminds me of a young Peyton Manning. This is the QB I'd tank for.

Mariota is a far better passer than Watson who has been fortunate to have good receivers by his side. Yes Watson will take off and run, but again that stuff won't go far in the NFL. There's a reason the Brady's, Manning's, Rivers and Brees' have had long careers in the NFL, because they know how to distribute the ball and I'll even add Cam Newton in there. Kelly knows that his college Spread offense won't work in the NFL, he knows NFL DC's have seen it all, which is his reasons for adapting, something Harbaugh should've done.

It's not the spread its zone read...past four Qbs that went to the SB could run it

We are gonna continue to see more Qbs like them because pro style offense are going out the window in college and the NFL is speeding up. I think chip does need to adapt and having a QB that can take snaps under center along with zone read is what I'm looking for.

I like the style Carolina runs, theirs not reason someone like Watson can't be just as good as cam...Cam runs the ball at least 10x a game off of that zone read and he's no where as accurate as Watson. I'm telling ya he's gonna be a good QB and would kill it under chip.

I love this kid, honestly and I might get knocked for this, but he reminds me of a young Peyton Manning. This is the QB I'd tank for.

Great QB but who's waiting for the 2018 draft? No me lol.
2018 draft class will be really good. Rosen aND Garrett will go 1 and 2

So this team's goal should be to aim for being horrible for another 2+ seasons until Rosen comes out and hope that they hit the lottery and wind up with the #1 pick in 2018 or 2019? Good plan.

This. Rosen is not an option. Goff as far as I'm concerned is a very good option, one of the top 2 QB's this year, would be one of the top 2 QB's next year as well. If they can get him and build a roster around him, that would be my ideal scenario.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. Rosen is not an option. Goff as far as I'm concerned is a very good option, one of the top 2 QB's this year, would be one of the top 2 QB's next year as well. If they can get him and build a roster around him, that would be my ideal scenario.

Agreed...people need to realize we have Kap on a year to year deal and he doesn't want to be here and Blaine is a FA after his year...we have zero as far as a long term plan goes for the most important positon in sports lol. We are sitting there at 7 with a very good chance at getting that positon set, can't be thinking years down the road...HCs and GMs lose jobs that way.
Share 49ersWebzone