LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Mock Draft that might make your panties wet

Trade- Somehow both quarterback Carson Wentz and Jared Goff are still available at our pick. So we figure we can get one or the other while picking up another pick. We trade with the Raiders who trade up to get Ezekiel Elliot in front of the Eagles. The Raiders trade us the 14th pick overall and their 2nd round pick for the 7th overall pick.

14th pick- QB Jared Goff 6'4 215 4.8- Hopefully the second coming of Aaron Rodgers

Trade- We trade our second and third round picks to the Vikings for the 23rd overall pick

23rd pick- OLB Leonard Floyd 6'6 244 4.6 - I really like his length and his explosiveness. I think he can be a really good pass rusher and him and Lynch could really terrorize quarterbacks.

2nd round- DE Robert Nkemdiche 6'3 294 4.8- Can be a straight beast. Falls due to some character concerns and some inconsistent tape.

Trade- We trade Kap to the Broncos for their third round pick

Trade- We trade a 4th and a 5th for another late 3rd round pick

3rd round- ILB Jaylon Smith 6'2 240 4.5 (est)- Classic Baalke pick. We luck out and he falls all the way to third round because teams are scared about nerve damage and if he'll ever be able to play. Worth the risk here. If he gets healthy, you have a top 5 pick playing next to Bowman in 2017.

3rd round- WR Keyarris Garrett 6'3 220 4.5- Big wide receiver that can stretch the field. He kind of reminds me of Josh Gordon, a big receiver that timed 4.5 but seems to have long speed and be able to get by defensive backs.

4th round- RB Tyler Ervin 5'10 190 4.4- change of pace back. Good compliment to Hyde.

5th round- OG Graham Glasgow 5.1- Versatile, played LG, RG, and C for Michigan. Was once on Mayock's top 5 guard rankings.

5th round- CB Rashard Robinson 6'1 170 4.4- All the talent in the world and can be a very good press corner with his length and athleticism. Falls because he didn't play much in college with character/school issues.

Address other needs in round 6 like tight end, oline and dline depth.
I like it, but it's risky. Those are some high ceiling players.
Like the trades and players drafted but No O lineman till the 5th round?
I don't think there's anyway we pick Goff at 14. If he makes it to 13, LA hops right over us for him. Hell, they probably burn a 2 to go get him if he makes it to 10.
Don't see Goff lasting to 14, but fun to think about! It's unrealistic, so you might as well push it and have us drafting Treadwell @23. Don't think Floyd is worthy enough for a trade-up into the 1st.

But if you rewind back a few months and project a draft scenario where we could theorhetically get Goff/Treadwell/Nkemdich/Smith all in the same draft, you'd be laughed off the stage! Fun to think about the fact that it's remotely plausible.
Would be sweet not very realistic though
In the alternate reality where that's possible, and I wear panties, YES, that draft would make them VERY wet.

I do think they could not make any trades and still get a lot of what you have there. Goff at 7, best OLB in the 2nd (someone good has to slip out of round 1), then get Garrett and the best ILB and DL available in the 3rd and 4th rounds. That's more or less the mock I've been working on....

I do wish I could live in your reality though. It would be worth wearing panties to see that team.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I would be lying to you if I told you I wasn't wet right now.

I would switch Floyd with Darron Lee.

And for WR, selecting either Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard.

Then I would be drenched.
Originally posted by HERN:
I would be lying to you if I told you I wasn't wet right now.

I would switch Floyd with Darron Lee.

And for WR, selecting either Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard.

Then I would be drenched.

I think Lee is a bust. He's super athletic, but I don't trust his instincts or his tackling.
Ridiculous draft. There's no way Goff or Wentz make it to 14. They're borderline top 5 players behind Ramsey and Tunsil at the most valuable position and there is minimal talent at the QB position after them. If one of them slips past 7, teams will be trading up to get them.

Nkemdiche is still likely going to be a first round pick and I don't think Jaylon Smith will last to the late 3rd round pick (but this one is more of a wildcard). I'd be thrilled if the draft goes down like this, but this isn't realistic. It looks like you took a look at the draft order and decided Goff or Wentz could fall all the way to 14 because the Rams have the 15th pick. I can't imagine either of them falling past 7, but if they do, the Saints or Bears will be the beneficiaries if another team doesn't jump in front of them.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Ridiculous draft. There's no way Goff or Wentz make it to 14. They're borderline top 5 players behind Ramsey and Tunsil at the most valuable position and there is minimal talent at the QB position after them. If one of them slips past 7, teams will be trading up to get them.

Nkemdiche is still likely going to be a first round pick and I don't think Jaylon Smith will last to the late 3rd round pick (but this one is more of a wildcard). I'd be thrilled if the draft goes down like this, but this isn't realistic. It looks like you took a look at the draft order and decided Goff or Wentz could fall all the way to 14 because the Rams have the 15th pick. I can't imagine either of them falling past 7, but if they do, the Saints or Bears will be the beneficiaries if another team doesn't jump in front of them.

Goff is below top ten on a lot of big boards. Even our savior maddogs
Love this draft! A little far fetched. Goff, Floyd, Ervin and Robinson would be spending a lot of time eating in the pre season...
Totally unrealistic trades. Why trade down when you have Goff AND Wentz available when the Niners pick? Why give the Rams or Eagles or Broncos any chance to trade up and take your QB of the future? Like the players, but there's no way you get that many of them that early with all these trades.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Totally unrealistic trades. Why trade down when you have Goff AND Wentz available when the Niners pick? Why give the Rams or Eagles or Broncos any chance to trade up and take your QB of the future? Like the players, but there's no way you get that many of them that early with all these trades.

Lol I love how year after year people always talk about how unrealistic mock drafts are like they know how the draft is going to play out. And then year after year, you have risers and fallers all over the place in the draft. Aaron Rodgers was thought to possibly be the #1 pick in the draft in 2005. He ended up getting drafted #24 This mock is plausible and the trades are realistic. You see trades like this all the time during the draft (see 49ers trading a 3rd in 2013 to get Eric Reid), so let's stop with the unrealistic talk.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Nope still dry.
Share 49ersWebzone