LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft FINAL Post Free agency

Originally posted by Travisty13:
I don't get why everyone has us cutting Lemonier. If we were to get rid of him, it'd be probably after preseason and we could trade him for a 7th rounder, like we did Cam Johnson. Some team would throw a 7th our way for a guy that's young and showed enough potential in college to be a 3rd round pick, just to see if they could get a something out of him.

ZERO sacks in two f**king years. Lots of guys were drafted on potential. The only thing that matters is production. He's history and they can easily find someone to replace him.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by crew:
Sort of fall in line to your thinking, could see Denver drafting either Cook or Lynch at end of RD1. Rams are definitely a threat to move up to #6 to get Goff, probably depends more on the Ravens feeling like they get who they like moving down as far as #15 (they would get 2 2RD picks as well from Rams). As far as RB, could be a toss-up between Ervin and Lasco, Niners will grab one of them at either bottom of RD4 or top of RD5. Ervin could be off the board by mid RD4, Lasco should be there though at top of RD5.

With a 1st round swap and their two 2nd round picks, I think the Rams could move up to 5th, maybe 4th if they want one of the QBs. That position is really their only glaring weakness, and IMHO they'd be nuts to forego that opportunity. As it would be nuts for the Cowboys, Jags, or Ravens NOT to take that trade, given they'll get a very good player at #15 and three early-mid 2nd rounders to fill in their rosters. Heck, it's a trade the Niners should take if it becomes available.

Rams do have some draft capital to make a move. Then again, when have they done the smart thing at QB? Right now they are still touting Case Keenum as their starter and puffing their chest about Sean Mannion, who they drafted in the 3rd round last year. It would definitely benefit the Cowboys to make such a move since they did very little in free agency, but Jerr-uh Jones isn't the brightest bulb on the block as a GM. The Jags spent a ton of money in free agency and they can get a GREAT player like Jalen Ramsey or Joey Bosa if they just stay put. The Ravens are the most likely trade partner at this point because they have some holes to fill. The Niners have twelve picks this year, plenty of cap space and a couple of extra picks next year already. They won't give the Rams the opportunity to move up to their spot no matter what the Rams offer, especially if one of the two top QB's are still there.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I don't get why everyone has us cutting Lemonier. If we were to get rid of him, it'd be probably after preseason and we could trade him for a 7th rounder, like we did Cam Johnson. Some team would throw a 7th our way for a guy that's young and showed enough potential in college to be a 3rd round pick, just to see if they could get a something out of him.

ZERO sacks in two f**king years. Lots of guys were drafted on potential. The only thing that matters is production. He's history and they can easily find someone to replace him.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get rid of him. I don't see the point in just cutting him though and getting nothing in return. All teams think they can fix guys with alot of potential. Cam Johnson did nothing for us on the practice squad, in his 2nd season with us, he had a good preseason and was traded for a 7th rounder before cuts happened. He has a whole 8 tackles in his career. Why not hold on to Lemonier and get something back from a needy team? Colts needed OLBs at the time and another team will also before this season starts.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I'm not saying we shouldn't get rid of him. I don't see the point in just cutting him though and getting nothing in return. All teams think they can fix guys with alot of potential. Cam Johnson did nothing for us on the practice squad, in his 2nd season with us, he had a good preseason and was traded for a 7th rounder before cuts happened. He has a whole 8 tackles in his career. Why not hold on to Lemonier and get something back from a needy team? Colts needed OLBs at the time and another team will also before this season starts.

The Niners have 12 picks this year, a couple of extra picks already for 2017 and a ton of cap space. Why waste time trying to get compensation for a mediocre asset? I have the Niners taking two OLB's in this draft. Lemonier will keep his spot on the roster till training camp,but no team is going to be beating down the Niners door offering the Niners compensation for a guy who will likely be cut before the season starts.
Share 49ersWebzone