LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Question at RB

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Stanley, easy choice

Stanley would be an option for sure,very talented. I think we need some playmakers on offense and Zeke would be a perfect fit.
Rookie LT/RT dont fair so well in the NFL. I dont want to be picking in the top 5 next year while Zeke goes to a pro bowl.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Stanley, easy choice

Stanley would be an option for sure,very talented. I think we need some playmakers on offense and Zeke would be a perfect fit.
Rookie LT/RT dont fair so well in the NFL. I dont want to be picking in the top 5 next year while Zeke goes to a pro bowl.
We need OL, we already have the players. then need a stout line to make the plays work. Would you rather have Elliot sitting the bench because the line can't create anything for him to do anything ?

Double edge sword here
Stanley, easy choice

We need OL, we already have the players. then need a stout line to make the plays work. Would you rather have Elliot sitting the bench because the line can't create anything for him to do anything ?

Double edge sword here

I would rather have some talent on offense and an OC/HC who has a clue on how to use that talent.
I would take Tunsil,Ramsey,Buckner and Jack over Zeke.

I think these 5 players are the cream of this years crop. I love Stanley(big ND fan here)
but feel that Zeke would help replenish some of the talent we have lost the last 2 years
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are not using our 7th pick for a player who will be a backup or sharing snaps at best. #7 pick MUST be a player who will be playing 100% of the snaps.

When he comes in to camp and out performs Hyde he would them become our #1 feature back
drafting for need this high in the draft would be a major blunder for us
Elliot is not the BPA at 7, and def wont beat out Hyde

1 Tunsil 2 Wentz/Goff 3 Ramsey 4 Jack 5 Bosa 6 Buckner I feel like in a scenario such as this Zeke would indeed be the BPA

Lord help us. Another Blindfury in the making
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are not using our 7th pick for a player who will be a backup or sharing snaps at best. #7 pick MUST be a player who will be playing 100% of the snaps.

When he comes in to camp and out performs Hyde he would them become our #1 feature back
drafting for need this high in the draft would be a major blunder for us
Elliot is not the BPA at 7, and def wont beat out Hyde

1 Tunsil 2 Wentz/Goff 3 Ramsey 4 Jack 5 Bosa 6 Buckner I feel like in a scenario such as this Zeke would indeed be the BPA

Lord help us. Another Blindfury in the making

What does that mean?
Stanley, easy choice

Double edge sword here

This. We will draft Tyler Ervin in the 4th or 5th
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Mar 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM ]
I was wondering about this too. RB is the position that has been talked about the least this offseason an we are in no way ready to go at RB especially with chip kelly a HC who uses RBs in alot of ways. we need another RB now more than ever.

i think we need offensive weapons bad enough to draft a RB high but i dont think as high as our first rounder is justified. unless kelly takes the reins on draft day which from whats been reported wont happen. draughn should not be relied on to be our #2. and hyde CANNOT be relied on to be our only guy. i think hes been great but until he can play 16 games we cant go into a season with just him an a few backups.

we either gotta pick up a FA or draft someone who can get on the field and make plays this year. alot of mocks have us gettin the guy from SJSU. i think thatd work out great. has arian foster been signed to anywhere? i know his injury history but if we bring him in and draft the guy from SJSU he wont be getting enough touches to get hurt. an its not like hel be expensive. i think itd be a worthy signing cause kelly needs RBs
Originally posted by stefano89:
I was wondering about this too. RB is the position that has been talked about the least this offseason an we are in no way ready to go at RB especially with chip kelly a HC who uses RBs in alot of ways. we need another RB now more than ever.

i think we need offensive weapons bad enough to draft a RB high but i dont think as high as our first rounder is justified. unless kelly takes the reins on draft day which from whats been reported wont happen. draughn should not be relied on to be our #2. and hyde CANNOT be relied on to be our only guy. i think hes been great but until he can play 16 games we cant go into a season with just him an a few backups.

we either gotta pick up a FA or draft someone who can get on the field and make plays this year. alot of mocks have us gettin the guy from SJSU. i think thatd work out great. has arian foster been signed to anywhere? i know his injury history but if we bring him in and draft the guy from SJSU he wont be getting enough touches to get hurt. an its not like hel be expensive. i think itd be a worthy signing cause kelly needs RBs

There have been zero reports of the Niners looking at Zeke ,that should tell us that Trent is definitely considering grabbing the best RB in the draft
When is the last time we drafted a player who all the "experts" said we are interested in? Trent loves Smoke screens.
Zeke will be in the pro bowl next season,I hope its as a Niner
There have been zero reports of the Niners looking at Zeke ,that should tell us that Trent is definitely considering grabbing the best RB in the draft
When is the last time we drafted a player who all the "experts" said we are interested in? Trent loves Smoke screens.

Last year. See Armstead, Arik......who pretty much everyone and their uncle had the 49ers drafting.

derp....everyone and their mother had Armstead projected to us last year lol.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Thats the only time in the last 15 years that has actually happened...look it up
[ Edited by Bellaleo on Apr 12, 2016 at 11:26 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I love how everyone thinks we are set at RB.

We for sure are not set at RB with really imo 1 good RB on the roster and he has so far a history with injuries.

Elliot will be a star RB in this league and we are staring at him at 7.

We must take Zeke if Buckner,Jack,Ramsey,Tunsil are gone at 7 which im pretty sure everyone agrees will be the case.

Anyone have an argument telling me otherwise? And no I'm not a OSU fan

The argument is simple, I don't agree with you on Gabbert or Kap being the answer at QB. The QB position is a billion times more important than RB.

I am not saying the RB position is set, in fact far from it, but no way can I prioritize RB before QB at 7th, it just doesn't make an ounce of sense. Is pointless to surround crap with talent when the core of your offense i.e. the signal caller sucks.

But, other than that by all means take a RB in the later rounds.
I don't think BPA is quite as simple as you suggest. With a few exceptions there is rarely a player so outstanding that you must pick him. Invariably there are players who are the outstanding choice at their position, but how do you compare a QB, an ILB and a punter, for example?

The point is, you have to assess your current strength at each position; the upgrade the new player would offer (factoring in age/contract position and injury-proneness of current players); the upgrade that alternative players available later in the draft would offer; and the importance of the position.

You would then do the same thing for alternative picks, assessing the various upgrades, and see which pick, taking into account all of the variables, offers you the best overall value. For example you might choose not to take the BPA (if there was one), because later in the draft other options would offer you nearly as much. Whereas the falloff for another position might be steep.

Additionally of course you would want to factor in the maturity and reliability of the player and all sorts of other things.

We have a reasonable pool of backs and it will be possible to pick up additional options with later picks. Needs at QB, DL, OL, ILB and OLB are simply too fierce to take any other position in my view unless there is remarkable depth at these positions in the draft. Which is not the case across the board.

To summarise, a running back is unlikely in my opinion to offer enough value for us to justify using #7. He may be a very fine player. He may turn out to be a pro bowler. But the draft is not about one pick. We are looking for rather more than that.
I don't want Elliot or Stanley.

If we miss out on the top defenders and decide not to draft a QB, I think we'll pass Elliot/Stanley and go for Hargreaves or a pass rusher like Lawson or Dodd.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Thats the only time in the last 15 years that has actually happened...look it up

What are you talking about? There was reports of us liking and interviewing players like Aldon smith, Anthony Davis and Iupati, Crabtree, Willis, VD and smith.

The only player that I can remember (recently) that we didn't bring in at all that was a 1st round pick was Eric Reid.
Share 49ersWebzone