LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

NYniner85 final mock

Okay well FA didn't go as planned when comparing my old mocks lol. Looks like it's a draft, develop, and supplement in FA approach. Which I'm fine with.

In my last mock I have us trading Kap to the Broncos for their last pick in the 3rd round. We will wait until draft day to make the move once we know who were are picking at 7.

I don't see any FA moves the rest of the season that really change our approach to the draft. (FYI no way we draft 13 players...I see baalke making moves all over the place and I hope we are aggressive with wanting to get who we want).

1st- Jared Goff QB Cal; Future face of the franchise I love his pocket presence, accuracy and foot work...I'd love to give Chip someone that can be a little more mobile but I think Goff has everything you want in a franchise QB. Sits a year behind Blaine. HUGE piece in rebuilding.

2nd- Vernon Butler DT Louisiania Tech I guess you can say he's my draft crush lol....I've had him in all of my mocks and I will be praying that we get him He can play all over the line and brings a nasty ( I hope he's our RDE). This might be a move up scenario to get him, I have a feeling he's high on Baalke's draft board. (other player that could happen here are Chris Jones and Jason Garentt)

3rd- Leonte Carroo-WR Rutgers- He is underrated IMO. He doesn't drop balls plain and simple. He's not stupid tall but has the size you like (6-0 211) I think I read somewhere that Chip was a big fan of him as well. He reminds me of Golden Tate get's YAC and can block.

3rd-(Kap trade) -Jordan Jenkins OLB Georgia- He's got the size (6-3 260 34 1/4 arms, 11+ hands) that Baalke and Chip droll over. He shows plenty of explosion off the snap...I think he's a safe pick and can be coached into a fine starter.

4th-Connor McGovern OG Mizzo- Dude is strong! He can play all over the line and he excels in ZBS. He fights for the one open spot at RG with Tiller/Thomas/Martin.

4th-Tyler Ervin RB SJS- This is the sweet spot for RBs IMO. Usually teams wait on RBs and once one is drafted they all go pretty quick. I'm on the bandwagon for this kid and I think there's a pretty solid chance he becomes a 49er. He's our COP back basically our Sproles, dude is electric and would be a DC nightmare under Chip.

5th- Blake Martinez ILB Stanford- I think he can be a 3 down ILB and showed off his ability at the combine/pro-day. I have no idea who would start next to Bow and that might have to be something we jump at next year...Rome wasn't built in a day ya know

5th- Will Redmond CB Miss St- would have been drafted much higher but has a torn ACL, he didn't workout at his pro-day and will drop because of that...when healthy he is a quality player and has the size 6-0 190 you want in a outside CB.

5th- Willlie Beavers OT Western Michigan- I'm assuming Davis comes back and we do have a young Brown, but we do need some depth and I think Beavers fits the mold that chip is looking for.

6th- Mitch Matthews WR BYU- Dude is 6-6 210 and ran a 4.4 at his pro-day I'll take that size and speed in the 6th thank you

6th-DJ Reader DT Clemson- We need to come away with two DL players in this deep draft...losing Williams for some time Reader comes in a battles Dial for the starting spot at NT.

6th- Tyvis Powell FS Ohio State- No way I could not draft someone from Ohio State lol, He has the size and length you like and should at lest fight for a ST spot.

6th-Beniquez Brown LB Miss St- Reports are we met with him and he had a great pro-day moved around real well and gained some lbs after the combine.

So there it is!!! The way my past mocks have gone and how Baalke drafts, I doubt anyone on this mock gets drafted by him lol...what's everyone's thoughts??

We are a month away can't wait!!

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2016 at 1:49 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
NYniner85 final mock

Only critique I have is one you and I have been going back and fourth with about Tiller. And the only thing I would change is about your Mock is taking an O-lineman a little earlier than the 4th round.

IMO and I will stick with this till the draft ends, is that Vernon Butler is a much needed pick. The 49ers NEED another NT.

Beautiful job mr. Nyniners85. would be an amazing weekend if everything turned out like that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
NYniner85 final mock

Only critique I have is one you and I have been going back and fourth with about Tiller. And the only thing I would change is about your Mock is taking an O-lineman a little earlier than the 4th round.

IMO and I will stick with this till the draft ends, is that Vernon Butler is a much needed pick. The 49ers NEED another NT.

Duly noted on the OG I think McGovern is a soild fit for what we want to do...doesn't have to be a top 100 pick to be a solid player ya know?

I do know that chip was all over Garentt during his pro day, but IMO I'd rather have Butler over Garnett.

Thanks man
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2016 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Beautiful job mr. Nyniners85. would be an amazing weekend if everything turned out like that.

Thanks man FYI my bday is on draft day and it would be a solid gift from Baalke to make it happen like this lol
Very nice draft. Couple of risk/reward picks in Redmond and Beavers that could work out. Well done.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Very nice draft. Couple of risk/reward picks in Redmond and Beavers that could work out. Well done.

Yup when you got 13 picks you can live with the risk lol.

I still think we end up with something like 8 players all said in done.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think we make more than 8 picks this year. This seems like the type of draft you save up picks for. Soooooo many talented players, you can get value at every pick.
Okay well FA didn't go as planned when comparing my old mocks lol. Looks like it's a draft, develop, and supplement in FA approach. Which I'm fine with.

In my last mock I have us trading Kap to the Broncos for their last pick in the 3rd round. We will wait until draft day to make the move once we know who were are picking at 7.

I don't see any FA moves the rest of the season that really change our approach to the draft. (FYI no way we draft 13 players...I see baalke making moves all over the place and I hope we are aggressive with wanting to get who we want).

1st- Jared Goff QB Cal;Future face of the franchise I love his pocket presence, accuracy and foot work...I'd love to give Chip someone that can be a little more mobile but I think Goff has everything you want in a franchise QB. Sits a year behind Blaine. HUGE piece in rebuilding.

2nd- Vernon Butler DT Louisiania Tech I guess you can say he's my draft crush lol....I've had him in all of my mocks and I will be praying that we get him He can play all over the line and brings a nasty ( I hope he's our RDE). This might be a move up scenario to get him, I have a feeling he's high on Baalke's draft board. (other player that could happen here are Chris Jones and Jason Garentt)

3rd- Leonte Carroo-WR Rutgers- He is underrated IMO. He doesn't drop balls plain and simple. He's not stupid tall but has the size you like (6-0 211) I think I read somewhere that Chip was a big fan of him as well. He reminds me of Golden Tate get's YAC and can block.

3rd-(Kap trade) -Jordan Jenkins OLB Georgia- He's got the size (6-3 260 34 1/4 arms, 11+ hands) that Baalke and Chip droll over. He shows plenty of explosion off the snap...I think he's a safe pick and can be coached into a fine starter.

4th-Connor McGovern OG Mizzo- Dude is strong! He can play all over the line and he excels in ZBS. He fights for the one open spot at RG with Tiller/Thomas/Martin.

4th-Tyler Ervin RB SJS- This is the sweet spot for RBs IMO. Usually teams wait on RBs and once one is drafted they all go pretty quick. I'm on the bandwagon for this kid and I think there's a pretty solid chance he becomes a 49er. He's our COP back basically our Sproles, dude is electric and would be a DC nightmare under Chip.

5th- Blake Martinez ILB Stanford- I think he can be a 3 down ILB and showed off his ability at the combine/pro-day. I have no idea who would start next to Bow and that might have to be something we jump at next year...Rome wasn't built in a day ya know

5th- Will Redmond CB Miss St- would have been drafted much higher but has a torn ACL, he didn't workout at his pro-day and will drop because of that...when healthy he is a quality player and has the size 6-0 190 you want in a outside CB.

5th- Willlie Beavers OT Western Michigan- I'm assuming Davis comes back and we do have a young Brown, but we do need some depth and I think Beavers fits the mold that chip is looking for.

6th- Mitch Matthews WR BYU- Dude is 6-6 210 and ran a 4.4 at his pro-day I'll take that size and speed in the 6th thank you

6th-DJ Reader DT Clemson- We need to come away with two DL players in this deep draft...losing Williams for some time Reader comes in a battles Dial for the starting spot at NT.

6th- Tyvis Powell FS Ohio State- No way I could not draft someone from Ohio State lol, He has the size and length you like and should at lest fight for a ST spot.

6th-Beniquez Brown LB Miss St- Reports are we met with him and he had a great pro-day moved around real well and gained some lbs after the combine.

So there it is!!! The way my past mocks have gone and how Baalke drafts, I doubt anyone on this mock gets drafted by him lol...what's everyone's thoughts??

We are a month away can't wait!!

That Brown guy from Ole Miss ILB got feeling He might not be there @ the 6th round,I know that the 9ers were looking at Him at the OLE MISS pro day and How shiffty and fast is Carroo? kinda reminds me of a Smaller Boldin
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 27, 2016 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
That Brown guy from Ole Miss ILB got feeling He might not be there @ the 6th round,I know that the 9ers were looing at Him at the OLE MISS pro day and How shiffty and fast is Carroo? kinda reminds me of a Smaller Boldin

Yeah maybe just going off of CBS rankings with brown( knew they worked him out and he's a 6th round pick on CBS)...here's some info on Carroo

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/leonte-carroo?id=2555215

Yeah I like the boldin comp he's tough and doesn't drop balls, I see a lot of golden Tate in him...love to have him in SF. I think chip is a fan of him.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM ]

Always look forward to your well thought out mocks NY! Let's hope Baalke follows this sort of line and doesn't try to get too cute.

And yes Carroo is starting to grow on me as well. Didn't see any Rutgers games this year but I've always liked those RB type WRs.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Always look forward to your well thought out mocks NY! Let's hope Baalke follows this sort of line and doesn't try to get too cute.

And yes Carroo is starting to grow on me as well. Didn't see any Rutgers games this year but I've always liked those RB type WRs.

Thanks yeah that's my biggest fear is Baalke trying to pull some left field stuff. I hope they target the players they want and make the necessary moves to get them, we have plenty of ammo to do it.

I think carroo is underrated because he doesn't have elite speed or size but dude is a football player and doesn't drop the ball ever. It was reported that we were all over him at the senior bowl.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2016 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I think we make more than 8 picks this year. This seems like the type of draft you save up picks for. Soooooo many talented players, you can get value at every pick.

True, the fact is we have so many young players already I'd perfer to trade whatever we need to do to get quality over quantity.
If Kap stays a Niner, which I expect will happen (Baalke's not going to deny Kelly a chance to coach him up), taking Goff at #7 isn't the smart move. Landing Buckner is...getting him would allow Dial to move to NT (with Purcell his b/u). That would create an Armstead - Dial/Williams - Buckner front 3. It's the single biggest thing to fix an anemic pass rush and allowing teams like the Browns to run for over 200 yds against us. Adding pass rushers after landing Buckner is the best way to get consistent pressure on QB's.

Butler's a quality DL...if he can play both NT and DE, fine. After taking Buckner, though, not sure DL is the right position to draft 2nd. Here's where a pass rusher would be good...after Baalke's upgraded the DL. Talking Spence or Shilique Calhoun neighborhood.

I don't see Carroo as a 3rd rd pick...it's hard to predict how WR's will come off the board after the first few, but Peake, Boyd, Thomas, Lawler, Shepard, even Braxton Miller look to be considerably better playmakers with both size and speed than Carroo.

The rest of the picks seem ok.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Kap stays a Niner, which I expect will happen (Baalke's not going to deny Kelly a chance to coach him up), taking Goff at #7 isn't the smart move. Landing Buckner is...getting him would allow Dial to move to NT (with Purcell his b/u). That would create an Armstead - Dial/Williams - Buckner front 3. It's the single biggest thing to fix an anemic pass rush and allowing teams like the Browns to run for over 200 yds against us. Adding pass rushers after landing Buckner is the best way to get consistent pressure on QB's.

Butler's a quality DL...if he can play both NT and DE, fine. After taking Buckner, though, not sure DL is the right position to draft 2nd. Here's where a pass rusher would be good...after Baalke's upgraded the DL. Talking Spence or Shilique Calhoun neighborhood.

I don't see Carroo as a 3rd rd pick...it's hard to predict how WR's will come off the board after the first few, but Peake, Boyd, Thomas, Lawler, Shepard, even Braxton Miller look to be considerably better playmakers with both size and speed than Carroo.

The rest of the picks seem ok.

Crazy thing is I have us trading Kap so the Goff pick does make sense I don't see kap staying on this team based on all the wanting to be traded and the poor relationship between him, the FO, and lockeroom. If Goff is there they draft him.

I love Buckner I got no issue if he ends up in red in gold but I love the value of someone like butler or jones in the 2nd as well.

Carroo has done nothing but been a soild WR through out his career PFF has him as one of the most underrated prospects in the draft. He's tough and doesn't shy away from contact, doesn't drop balls ever, runs good routes, can play inside and out, plus can block which is huge in chips offense. You should go back and watch him

Peake hasn't accomplished half of what carroo has, Miller Thomas and shepherd IMO will all be gone before the 3rd and I see Boyd as more of a possession WR compared to Carroo. Thanks for the comments dude!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2016 at 7:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone