LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

3 1st round picks

Originally posted by 9erred:
Now if the OP said the Broncos to trade their 31st pick for the niners second rounder plus colin Kaepernick I would believe you. That trade value is about a 4 round pick. This would be a win win as the Niners would get a player with a 5th year option and Denver would get a qb plus pick 38.

This scenario sounds realistic, for Denver to throw in their third on top of that you would need to pass Elway the bong you are taking a hit from.

Just cause Elway says Kap is only worth a 4th doesn't mean anything. I would rather pay Kap to sit the bench than to give him up for a 4th. He's worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I mean Bradford is making 18 million a year and Fritzpatrick is holding out for 20 million a year. With Kap Denver can compete without him they won't make the playoffs.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. Denver is reluctant to give up a 3rd rounder, why would they also accept a trade down out of the 1st?

They would save on their cap situation and would probadly get the same player they want anyway. Plus Denvers 3rd is practically a 4th anyway.

That's not how trades work. Teams don't assume that the player they want will last 7 picks later so they're indifferent to trading back. Denver's 3rd is practically a 4th round pick and they still won't give it up for Kaepernick unless he restructures his deal. That's how little he's valued around the league. You have them giving up twice that in this trade.

I would not be so sure that the player they want at 31 will be there at 38. Teams tend to go BPA pretty consistently throughout the draft. Their boards don't all line up, but it's pretty likely that this early in the draft, teams have similar enough draft boards that a couple guys at the top of the Broncos' board get taken between 31 and 37.
I agree, that if we could trade Kap+ our 2nd, for Denvers 1st, then I'd think heavily upon doing it. Perhaps if Denver sweatened the deal with a 2017 pick based on Colins 2016 performance that would seal the deal. But, if Denver played hard ball, and wouldn't budge, then I'd accept the Kap+2nd round pick for Denvers 1st. Like someone pointed out above, the difference in value in the picks is equivelant to a 4th round pick. The gain though, is the 5th year control we'd have on the 1st round pick, compared to any other round players.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Stopped reading at "Elway offered a 1st and a 3rd for Kap" LOL

It was our 2(37) and Kap for their 1(31) and 3. That's not nearly the same thing.

But he may as well have stopped reading after reading that too because the Broncos won't even give up their 3rd round pick unless Kaepernick restructures his deal. Our 2nd round pick and Kaepernick for their 1st round pick is more realistic.

Why would we give up Kap to move up 6 spots in the draft. Balke isn't just going to throw Kap away. He's 28 took his team to a Super Bowl and almost won. What QB available has done that. Plus he was playing with injury last year on a team with no offensive line, no defense, no coach, no offensive coordinator and no QB coach. He had a down year I would rather keep him than have Elway punk us into giving him away. Elway plans on putting him in his lineup and starting him 16 games and making a run in the playoffs. He knows he's not doing that with a rookie. Kapernick has more value with Denver than he does us because he can't take our team to the playoffs.
You answered your own question. Kap won't take us to the playoffs, so why not trade him away, get value in gaining another 1st round pick, and see what we have in Gabbert, who better fits Chips system than Kap does.
Fritzpatrick is holding out for 20 million a year.

I have no idea where you heard that from, but it's false. He's probably going to settle for less than $10 million a year (probably in line with what RGIII just got paid). Bradford is a much better QB than Kaepernick so you can throw that out the window. The Eagles led the league in dropped passes by a wide margin and Bradford still put up decent numbers (266 passing yards per game with a very good passer rating over his last 7 games).

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

Kaepernick probably has slightly more value than RGIII, but not if a team has to give up draft picks for him. RGIII just signed a 2 year $15 million deal (incentives can push it up to $22 million, but he's not likely to hit those incentives). If he doesn't pan out, they can cut him next year and the team would only be hit with $5 million against the cap in 2016 and $1.75 million in 2017.
Woah...slow down, dude. I wouldn't put much credence in the "reported" offer...trust me, if he offered that Baalke would've been all over it. Elway's no fool...he's not about to give that much up to get Kap. It makes a ton more sense for him to grab Lynch with pick #31 and give up nothing.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Now if the OP said the Broncos to trade their 31st pick for the niners second rounder plus colin Kaepernick I would believe you. That trade value is about a 4 round pick. This would be a win win as the Niners would get a player with a 5th year option and Denver would get a qb plus pick 38.

This scenario sounds realistic, for Denver to throw in their third on top of that you would need to pass Elway the bong you are taking a hit from.

Would like the Broncos to throw in Clady-I know he is injury prone, but, since they just signed a FA OT, chances are they are going to get rid of him anyway and we need OL depth anyway.
I don't see any movement by Denver till either on or after the draft. Meaning Kaep for a 2017 pick. Based on who the niners draft and even who Denver drafts. We don't have trade Kaep this year or immediately for a pick this year.

In order for the pick to be a 2nd in 2017, the Broncos may propose a lower pick, pending on how Kaep performs, the pick gets elevated to a 2nd round pick.

Denver says they value Kaep at 4th round, but they don't have a 4th to trade and niners rather eat the money and see if Chip can salvage the situation-warts and all. Denver is not in a good position with no QB at all. Especially since RG III is now off the market. If they go after Fritz, the jets now need a QB.

So despite what all the pundits like Casserley and fans say, the niners can go outside the box. If Kelly does manage to revive Kaep's career, whatever, locker room beef exists, will be resolved if they start winning, we all know winning cures all woes.
I have no idea where you heard that from, but it's false. He's probably going to settle for less than $10 million a year (probably in line with what RGIII just got paid). Bradford is a much better QB than Kaepernick so you can throw that out the window. The Eagles led the league in dropped passes by a wide margin and Bradford still put up decent numbers (266 passing yards per game with a very good passer rating over his last 7 games).

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

Kaepernick probably has slightly more value than RGIII, but not if a team has to give up draft picks for him. RGIII just signed a 2 year $15 million deal (incentives can push it up to $22 million, but he's not likely to hit those incentives). If he doesn't pan out, they can cut him next year and the team would only be hit with $5 million against the cap in 2016 and $1.75 million in 2017.

That was a good one. Kap is worlds better than Bradford. Captain check down inaccurate holds the ball too long takes sacks and was turnover prone in chips offense that has made every qb look much much better. You conveniently forgot that most of bradfords stats were in garbage time. Look it up, most his tds and yards came after getting either blown out or down quite a bit in the first half. He is an ineffective qb at best.

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Stopped reading at "Elway offered a 1st and a 3rd for Kap" LOL

This! ^
This. Denver is reluctant to give up a 3rd rounder, why would they also accept a trade down out of the 1st?

They would save on their cap situation and would probadly get the same player they want anyway. Plus Denvers 3rd is practically a 4th anyway.

That's not how trades work. Teams don't assume that the player they want will last 7 picks later so they're indifferent to trading back. Denver's 3rd is practically a 4th round pick and they still won't give it up for Kaepernick unless he restructures his deal. That's how little he's valued around the league. You have them giving up twice that in this trade.

I would not be so sure that the player they want at 31 will be there at 38. Teams tend to go BPA pretty consistently throughout the draft. Their boards don't all line up, but it's pretty likely that this early in the draft, teams have similar enough draft boards that a couple guys at the top of the Broncos' board get taken between 31 and 37.

I understand what your saying however each team has different players with 1st ground grades and there's always several guys that fall out of round 1. A QB that can get Denver into the playoffs is more important than any guy they can get at 31. QB is the most important position Elway can be stubborn and go with The QBs he's got but it's not with it. There is no value for us trading Kap for the last pick in round 4 even if they still had it. RG3 just got 22 million from the Browns. Kap had a bad season but had 3 different injuries, no Oline and no coaching. We are better off bringing Kap back to compete than giving him away because Elway says he isn't worth anything. Best case scenario for us is Elway keeps trying to strong arm us and keep him and Kap plays well. The 49ers start winning and Kap putting up good numbers the whole situation is over. We either get an high 3rd or we keep him it's simple. Keep in mind there's going to be injuries at QB throughout the preseason and that can change his value also.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Woah...slow down, dude. I wouldn't put much credence in the "reported" offer...trust me, if he offered that Baalke would've been all over it. Elway's no fool...he's not about to give that much up to get Kap. It makes a ton more sense for him to grab Lynch with pick #31 and give up nothing.

Except Lynch is 2 seasons alway from starting and Elway wants To win now. They have already lost 3 starters on that defense and after they resign Miller their is an expiration date on this team from the salary cap. Kap has playoff wins and Super Bowl he nearly won he can't adquire any other QB with that resume. Kapernick has more value for the Broncos than he does for us because he can't win with us right now. Trading down from 31 to 37 is worth 70 trade value points which is equivalent to a mid 4th round pick. If you take them 70 points and add it to the Broncos last pick in round 3 it equals out to about 79 in round 3 which should be about what Kaps value is. There's no way we trade him for just a 4th rounder. We got 2 second rounders for Alex Smith.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Bro he probably doesn't even lift

Awwwww helll nah.
Awwwww helll nah.

Seems like i'm all alone in the niner thread on the Goff bandwagon. Where you been bro?
Share 49ersWebzone