LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

3 1st round picks

Ok we take the deal Elway reportedly offered for Kap. Their 1st and 3rd round pick for Kap and our 2nd rounder. Basically we are moving up 7 spots into round 1 and we get the last pick in round 3. Not as much as we would want but we are rebuilding. We all know we don't need 14-15 rookies on our team so we should be acquiring as many high picks as possible. We don't need more guys with potential we need guys that can come in and start. We know the Rams will probadly attempt to trade in front of us to get Goff or Wentz. So why not make the deal ourselves and reap the reward. Mind you we are trading down because Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner and Jack are off the board and Kelly does not like the top QBs. So in our trade with the Rams we trade pick 7 worth 1500 points for their 15 and 45 worth 1500 points perfect trade points wise.
We then take pick 45 from the Rams 450 points, pick 68 250 points and round 5 pick 142 34.5 points to Cincinnati for their 1st round pick 24 740 points. It comes out 734.5 to 740 well within the margins.
With the 3 1st rounders were going for guys that can come in and start or compete for the job not guys with potential that never proved it on the field.

Round 1 pick 15 I wanted a OLB that could take the job with this pick I went with Spence over Lawson but we would upgrade with either.

Round 1 pick 24 here I jumped on a number 1 CB I rank the CBs that could be available here as William Jackson, Mackenzie Alexander, and Eli Apple. I know I'm a buckeye fan but William Jackson is a big physical CB. If you watch his highlights you would agree that he's the best of the 3.

Round 1 pick 31 it gets tricky here but I'm still looking for guys that can start year one. The most likely guys IMO are Cody Whitehair OG OT Taylor Decker at RT. If neither of these guys are there we Draft Doctson WR or Corey Coleman. My preference is Doctson at this spot.

So my 1st 3 picks would be Spence, Jackson and Doctson, who would you guys take with those 3 picks.

Also remember we would have these picks remaining despite the trades.

3rd round pick 94. Here I would take Scooby wright ILB a tougher Borland.

4th round pick 105 Chris Jones DE we need to develop a rotation better than TJE and Mike Purcel. Dorsey won't be back til mid season.

4th round pick 133 Bronson Kaufusi DE more depth watch his videos he's a beast.

5th round pick 145 sleeper RB I would be happy with Alex Collins or Kenyan Drake.

5th round pick 174 Quentin Jefferson NT Depth especially with Williams injured. Hopefully Dial can kick in until Williams is Healthy.

6th round pick 178 Kevin Hogan QB underrated IMO

6th round pick 207 Jalin Marshall KR we haven't had one since Ginn left.

6th round pick 211 Cole Croston OT I didn't go deep on Oline taking the chance Davis comes back decent and we can get a decent starter from Martin, Thomas, Devey, Tillerman at RG.

6th round pick 213 Kyle Friend OC

Still a lot of pick left we could then deal pick 94 and 105 and move up to pick 76 in round 3. 208/210 in points. If we add pick 145 in round 5 we can move up to 69 in round 3.

Who would you take with 3 1st rounders. Also be aware a whole lot of picks don't mean much to Balke if you review Balkes 2012-2013 Drafts we got 1 better than average safety (Reid) and one average rotational Dlineman (Dial) out of them drafts. If you want to count Patton in that he has 36 catches in 3 years. If you want to argue about McDonald he has 3 TDs in 3 seasons. Both are below average in my opinion and won't get their contracts extended and we can get upgrades there.
I would go with

15 Shaq Lawson OLB Clemson or Darron Lee LB Ohio st
24 Josh Doctson WR TCU
31 Ryan Kelly C Bama

All 3 would be instant starters at position of need
[ Edited by Bellaleo on Mar 24, 2016 at 12:10 PM ]
Realistically, you probably have to Swap Chris Jones and Scooby in your original mock, but I like the approach. Jones won't fall past the 3rd, and Scooby will drop.

The main problem I have, is that if you are trading Kaep, I'd want to go Goff or Wentz at #7.
Broncos are not going to give up that much.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

This. Denver is reluctant to give up a 3rd rounder, why would they also accept a trade down out of the 1st?
I don't get the Treadwell love. Just because you are the best WR, doesn't mean you are first round talent
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

This. Denver is reluctant to give up a 3rd rounder, why would they also accept a trade down out of the 1st?

Agree

Cuz this is a 3 1st rounder mock draft and not a 3 3rd rounder mock draft. Duh bro...do you even read?
Originally posted by genus49:
Cuz this is a 3 1st rounder mock draft and not a 3 3rd rounder mock draft. Duh bro...do you even read?

Bro he probably doesn't even lift
Stopped reading at "Elway offered a 1st and a 3rd for Kap" LOL

Now if the OP said the Broncos to trade their 31st pick for the niners second rounder plus colin Kaepernick I would believe you. That trade value is about a 4 round pick. This would be a win win as the Niners would get a player with a 5th year option and Denver would get a qb plus pick 38.

This scenario sounds realistic, for Denver to throw in their third on top of that you would need to pass Elway the bong you are taking a hit from.
Originally posted by Eli_23:

It was our 2(37) and Kap for their 1(31) and 3. That's not nearly the same thing.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

It was our 2(37) and Kap for their 1(31) and 3. That's not nearly the same thing.

But he may as well have stopped reading after reading that too because the Broncos won't even give up their 3rd round pick unless Kaepernick restructures his deal. Our 2nd round pick and Kaepernick for their 1st round pick is more realistic.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Mar 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM ]

me too but love the picks

They would save on their cap situation and would probadly get the same player they want anyway. Plus Denvers 3rd is practically a 4th anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone