There are 249 users in the forums

1st Mock - What I want the Niners to do

Here is my first mock. This is based on what I want the Niners to do. I base it off my board (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/185347-2016-draft-top-150-big-board-notes-gored49/) and I'm hoping some players fall. I'm not predicting any trades.

Round Pick #
1. 7. - Jared Goff - QB - Sit for half a year under Gabbert/Kap and then play him.

2. 37. - Shilique Calhoun - OLB - Rotate with Lynch and Brooks for limited series. Hope to replace Brooks.

3. 68. - Keyarris Garrett - WR - A receiver for Goff to develop with. Has future #1 traits.

4. 105. - Connor McGovern - OG/RT - Would be eyeing him to play LG/RG but would try him out at RT if Davis doesn't come back.

4. 133. - Evan Boehm - C - Would reteam him with McGovern and have a future solid line. They bring power and leadership.

5. 142. - Maliek Collins - DT - Would be ticketed to rush the passer inside on passing downs and hope he develops better run d prowess in the future.

5. 145. - Tyler Ervin - RB - I think he should go much higher but some sites have him around here. I'd run up with my card immediately if still here.

5. 174. - De'Vondre Campbell - OLB - Has potential to be an all around LB but needs time to be coached.

6. 178. - Kei'Varae Russell - CB - Good chance he slips because of injury. I see a future contributor.

6. 207. - Kolby Listenbee - WR - A one trick pony with getting deep but he will be able to give Smith a breather.

6. 211. - Terrance Smith - ILB - ILB convert. Hope his speed and quickness translate. Initially used for special teams.

6. 213. - Stephen Weatherly - OLB - OLB convert. Hope he can provide a little pass rush help if developed.
Over drafting a few prospects and drafting some that could be udfa
Originally posted by SleezyT916:
Over drafting a few prospects and drafting some that could be udfa

Would you care to elaborate?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
so i just did some research on goff and wentz. if they are comparable in accuracy, i would have to go wentz. his combine showed he was a better athlete than goff i believe in all categories.
Originally posted by fan49:
so i just did some research on goff and wentz. if they are comparable in accuracy, i would have to go wentz. his combine showed he was a better athlete than goff i believe in all categories.

How are you measuring accuracy? Personally, I feel like Goff has better anticipation and better movement while in the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield - which will really help his accuracy in the NFL.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gored49:
Originally posted by fan49:

How are you measuring accuracy? Personally, I feel like Goff has better anticipation and better movement while in the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield - which will really help his accuracy in the NFL.
I didnt people just talk about they are both accurate. Im just saying if they are wentz is the better athlete for chips offense.

I personally believe that Garrett is closer to a 5-6th rounder,McGovern and listenbee will be undrafted,Boehm will be drafted a round or 2 later.
Just my opinion but I don't believe any of those players will amount to much if anything at the pro level so I would not waste a pick on any of them and if the team had a draft like this it would be 2012 all over again.
I personally believe that Garrett is closer to a 5-6th rounder,McGovern and listenbee will be undrafted,Boehm will be drafted a round or 2 later.
Just my opinion but I don't believe any of those players will amount to much if anything at the pro level so I would not waste a pick on any of them and if the team had a draft like this it would be 2012 all over again.

Sorry man, but McGovern is being drafted. Could go as high as late 3rd, early 4th. Compares to Zane Beadles, funny enough.
Guy did 33 reps at the bench press. That's big.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/connor-mcgovern?id=2555133
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:01 PM ]
I se
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Sorry man, but McGoern is being drafted. Could go as high as late 3rd, early 4th. Compares to Zane Beadles, funny enough.

Originally posted by ivanm05:
Sorry man, but McGovern is being drafted. Could go as high as late 3rd, early 4th. Compares to Zane Beadles, funny enough.

That's great that he's strong and all but if you are going to draft a guy Because of one trait than you will always come up sh*t out of luck. I personally see his as a late round prospect at best and career journeyman, so to want to waste a 4th rounder on that when there will be better prospects available would be foolish but that is just my opinion.

It's a good thing tho that he won't be a niner because of his t-Rex arms
I se

That's great that he's strong and all but if you are going to draft a guy Because of one trait than you will always come up sh*t out of luck. I personally see his as a late round prospect at best and career journeyman, so to want to waste a 4th rounder on that when there will be better prospects available would be foolish but that is just my opinion.

It's a good thing tho that he won't be a niner because of his t-Rex arms

Well when you draft OL and DL, strength and balance are two of the biggest attributes you look at. Have you seen him play? This guy will be one of the better guards available after Tretola and Westermann are off the board. the guy's even played both tackle positions, and teams will probably eye him as a tackle first because of his athleticism. You don't find strong athletic, versatile guards like that in the later rounds. We'd be lucky to get a guy like him in the 4th if we haven't already taken a guard in an earlier round.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Mar 22, 2016 at 6:54 PM ]

Not a fan of Shilique Calhoun. This guy is A LOT Like Corey Lemonier. Looks the part and even flashes at times, but he tends to disappear for huge portions of the game. Not physical at all and is a liability in the run game. Cannot set a hard edge. He likes to speed rush but doesn't have that explosive first step(it's decent), bend and closing speed to make a living capturing corners. when he can't beat his man upfield, he showed inconsistent power to go inside. I saw some nice counter-inside moves here and there. don't like how he isn't very active with his hands. Once he gets locked up by a tackle, his hands are nowhere to be found. Has big issues disengaging.

Don't watch the Oregon tape. The tight end #81 on Oregon kicks calhouns ass.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM ]
I'd be happy with it.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not a fan of Shilique Calhoun. This guy is A LOT Like Corey Lemonier. Looks the part and even flashes at times, but he tends to disappear for huge portions of the game. Not physical at all and is a liability in the run game. Cannot set a hard edge. He likes to speed rush but doesn't have that explosive first step(it's decent), bend and closing speed to make a living capturing corners. when he can't beat his man upfield, he showed inconsistent power to go inside. I saw some nice counter-inside moves here and there. don't like how he isn't very active with his hands. Once he gets locked up by a tackle, his hands are nowhere to be found. Has big issues disengaging.

Don't watch the Oregon tape. The tight end #81 on Oregon kicks calhouns ass.

I'm not going to lie... I'm going for need here and have the same fear as you. Calhoun had much better production than Lemonier and his game isn't only one move like Lemon - run fast and get locked up. I want a pass rusher and I think he is the best with what is available.

Any reason you don't like McGovern? I think he has loads of talent. My only question is if he fits into Kelly's system but I'm not sure what type of lineman Kelly is looking for. Seems like he wants good run blockers and ones that can play a lot.

I've seen several sites list him much lower than I have him but I wouldn't want to miss him with his potential and I would reach if necessary.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
According to Charles Davis I was right too. Debts just fits the offense better
Share 49ersWebzone