LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

WRs in the draft

Doctson and Coleman will go in the 1st. I like Boyd in the 2nd
Originally posted by Ny2ThaBay:
Doctson and Coleman will go in the 1st. I like Boyd in the 2nd

Sounding like he's dropping in drafts do to lack of speed. No way is he the 37th best player in the draft IMO a 2nd would be wayyyy to high for him. Great possession WR, but I think we need something more than that in the 2nd.
Docton in the 2nd or peake in the 3rd or 4th
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
We have 6 WRs on the roster that we have no idea about their capabilities (Patton, Ellington, Smelter, White, Anderson and Rogers) with one proven vet (Smith). I don't think WR is that high on our priority list as much as developing our own which is something that hasn't happened in a VERY LONG time.

I'm thinking more along the lines of taking one in the mid-rounds like Charone Peak from Clemson. 6'2 with speed, ball skills, good hands and a polished route runner.

I'm cool with cutting Patton right now for just about any receiver in this draft who has the opposite behavior of this hot head.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I'm cool with cutting Patton right now for just about any receiver in this draft who has the opposite behavior of this hot head.

I don't get the hate on Patton he's flashed a few times with limited snaps. What makes you say hot head? Seems in control of his emotions to me
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by SisterFister:

I don't get the hate on Patton he's flashed a few times with limited snaps. What makes you say hot head? Seems in control of his emotions to me

LOTS of stupid penalties.
Im fine with Sheppard in the 2nd/3rd kid is productive
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Im fine with Sheppard in the 2nd/3rd kid is productive

I think he'll be the best WR in this draft. He has all the measurables and passes the eye test. If he was two inches taller he'd be rated the #1 WR. He makes that up with his 41 vert which ties Doctsons
I don't see Baalke taking Treadwell at #7...he's arguably the best among this class of WR's, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a top 10 pick. I like Thomas because of his size and play-making abilities, especially if Baalke doesn't re-sign Boldin. I think Kelly has plans to get Ellington a lot more involved in the offense. Patton may have a tough time making the team this year unless he can show a lot more consistency and discipline.
Anybody check out Listenbee? That kid is intriguing. Not as tall as you'd like, but seems pretty solidly built. And he can fly with 4.39 speed. I'd been eyeing guys like Doctson, Boyd, and Thomas in the 2nd. But I could see waiting until the 3rd and taking Listenbee, Garrett or Lawler.

Share 49ersWebzone