LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

49ers needs

Needs
1. QB Trade 4th round pick plus conditional 2017 pick for Glennon extend Mike 2 years 6 million to compete with Gabbertt. I know there's Glennon experts that know more than the 6 or 7 teams that have tried to trade for him but his stats are comparable to Winstons first season and he got benched because Lovie Smith brought in his own guy to QB. Watch his highlights. Look at his stats before you say he sucks.
2. A 1b RB We need a RB that can step in and start and carry the ball 10-15 times agame to keep Hyde fresh. A. Foster 1year/3 million
3. RT Get Clady and Denvers 3rd round last pick for kap redo contract 3years/ 18 million-21 million. A Davis at 3 million can backup.
4. OLB Draft Spence, Palmer and Yarbourough
5. ILB J. Smith
6. CB1 Draft Alexander and sign Patrick Ronison free agent Brock slides down to 4th CB
7. Dline depth Draft washington and Kaufui
8. A vetran WR that can start. Free agent R. Randle still jobless caught 8 TDs last season. Contract should be 2 years/7 million.
9. RG Sign Jahri Evans, 1/2 million

Trade
1st round pick 7 to Atlanta for picks 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks
Trade pick 2/37 and 4/115 Pamthers for pick 30
Trade picks 3/68 and 5/142 to NE for 2/60
Draft
1/17 Noah Spence OLB.
1/30 Mackenzie Alexander CB number 1 cb.
2/50 Adolphus Washington DE a big boys could end up starting before Armstead,
2/60 Jaylon a Smith ILB probowl OLB and ILB in the same draft. This guy is worth taking a redshirt year on.
3/94 Bronson Kaufasi DE
4/133 Nick Vannett TE probadly the best all around TE on our team.
5/145 Jalin Marshall KR we don't have a threat to score on returns.
5/174 Kenyon Drake RB big RB stuck behind a better player.
6/178 Jamal Palmer OLB
6/180 Austin Blythe OC
6/207 Brandon Allen QB
6/211 Joseph Cheek OG
6/213 Eddie Yarbourough OLB

I focused on defense because Balke drafts defensive players better and misses on offensive players more often. I would also watch the Taclkle position in Jaguars in case Joeckel losses out on the battle. He might be a good right tackle in our zone blocking scheme.

Depth chart
QB
Glennon, Gabert, Allen
RB
Hyde, A. Foster, Draughn, Drake
FB
Miller
WR
T. Smith, Ellington
WR 2
R. Randle, Patton
WR 3
Rogers, Smelter
TE
Celek, Vannett, Bell, McDonald
LT
Staley, Clady
RT
Clady, A. Davis, T. Brown
LG
Beadles, Martin, Cheek
RG
J. Evans, B. Thomas, Tillerman
OC
Kilgore, Blythe

Defense
DE
Armstead, Washington, TJE
Dial, Kaufusi
OLB
Spence, Harold, Yarbough, BROOKS RELEASED
Lynch, Correa, palmer, Lemonier released
ILB
Bowman, Skov
Hodges, Whilhoite, J. Smith
CB
Robinson, Ackers, Reaser
Alexander, Brock, Cromartie
FS
Bethea, Tartt,
Reid, Ward
[ Edited by SFBuckeye on Mar 20, 2016 at 12:45 PM ]
49ers HC Chip Kelly 'enamored' with G Garnett https://t.co/LYVRmKQFKH
top 3 need for priority

1st Qb
2nd OL
3rd WR
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
top 3 need for priority

1st Qb
2nd OL
3rd WR

I don't think Oline and WR are as much as a need. There's no need to draft high at WR with a questionable QB. I think Balke will stand pat at WR until he figures out if Rogers and smelter are going to be any good or if Kelly can do something with Patton or Ellington. so that don't leave us many spots for wrs. I also addresses RT with getting Clady tossed into our trade and WR by going after Rueben Randle the guy caught 8 TDs last season and he's not had a lot of interest in free agency.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I don't think Oline and WR are as much as a need. There's no need to draft high at WR with a questionable QB. I think Balke will stand pat at WR until he figures out if Rogers and smelter are going to be any good or if Kelly can do something with Patton or Ellington. so that don't leave us many spots for wrs. I also addresses RT with getting Clady tossed into our trade and WR by going after Rueben Randle the guy caught 8 TDs last season and he's not had a lot of interest in free agency.

I hope we don't go defense in the draft.
We were mediocre in offense last year and not to mention our draft last year was defense oriented and turn out to be a bad draft for us
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
I hope we don't go defense in the draft.
We were mediocre in offense last year and not to mention our draft last year was defense oriented and turn out to be a bad draft for us

This appears to be a defense-rich draft. If Baalke were to go BPA each round it seems likely we will predominantly draft D.
Your drafts make my head hurt
I don't mean any disrespect, but is their a position the 49ers don't need help at? Staley and Bowman......anyone else not easily upgraded?
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
I don't mean any disrespect, but is their a position the 49ers don't need help at? Staley and Bowman......anyone else not easily upgraded?

We're pretty deep at safety. Wouldn't mind adding another tho
Draft GOFF Don't make the Cal qb mistake again

Originally posted by CRABTREE:
Draft GOFF Don't make the Cal qb mistake again

I'm no insider, or anything like that, but I know people, not 49er people, that have some insight to some things, and a couple of them said Goff rates as a franchise QB. If that's the case, they have to go get him

They have missed before, but they both have him rated higher than Winston, but not Mariota. FWIW, they both rate Wentz as one also, and also view him as a better prospect than Winston. Both rate Lynch as 3rd
Please stop with the Mike glennon stuff, he's not even close to a fit for chips system at all. We have a stop gap QB in Blaine Gabbert and don't have to trade anything for him.

And please stop with th clady crap...he's not gonna play RT he still wants to get paid like a top LT, it's so far from happening.
These are our priorities IMO.
1) Goff (doubt he's there)
2) Myles Jack
3) DeForest Buckner
4) Joey Bosa

If any of these guys are not there at 7 I wouldn't mind trading down some as there are many guys I like that should be available in the teens,
Ragland, Conklin, Decker, Rankins, Spence

Does anyone know the draft value for the 7th overAll pick? Say we dropped back 7 spots to 14th, what would we net?
Originally posted by allhype:
These are our priorities IMO.
1) Goff (doubt he's there)
2) Myles Jack
3) DeForest Buckner
4) Joey Bosa

If any of these guys are not there at 7 I wouldn't mind trading down some as there are many guys I like that should be available in the teens,
Ragland, Conklin, Decker, Rankins, Spence

Does anyone know the draft value for the 7th overAll pick? Say we dropped back 7 spots to 14th, what would we net?

Chart says whatever team is moving up from 14 it would cost thier 2nd
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Please stop with the Mike glennon stuff, he's not even close to a fit for chips system at all. We have a stop gap QB in Blaine Gabbert and don't have to trade anything for him.

And please stop with th clady crap...he's not gonna play RT he still wants to get paid like a top LT, it's so far from happening.

You don't like any QB. You know Gabbertt is not taking us to the playoffs. What do you know about fit he's used all different kinds of QBs. We need options at QB and we don't have one. How do you know what Clady wants was he in your bed last nite, did you give him a back rub. Quit talking like your a junior GM. You hate my post so much but you read every single one of them. You don't know what he could do in Kelly's system. His 17 starts as a rookie and sophomore are almost identical to Winstons. He got benched cause Lovie smith wanted a vetran who sucked same thing he did in Chicago. We're all speculations on what we hope the niners will do except you with the direct line into SF front office. Ignore my post if you don't like them
[ Edited by SFBuckeye on Mar 20, 2016 at 4:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone