There are 215 users in the forums

Mock draft version 1

Trade Colin Kaepernick to Denver for 3.94

1.7) Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss 6'2, 221

WR is arguably our biggest need. We have no-one aside from Torrey Smith and Treadwell will compliment him. Treadwell will take over for Boldin and be a target monster for Chip Kelly. Immediate starter from day 1. Im not buying the Goff hype. Gabbert would have had 4062 yards, 20 TD's, 14 INT's, 86.2 rating, 63.1 comp. % as well as 370 yards rushing and 2 TD's. Give him a better Oline and he will be great.

2.37) Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia 6'3, 259, 33 1/4" arms

Tough as nails. Team captain. Able to set the edge. Brings it very snap. Will compete with Brooks for snaps. Might even replace him as a starter.

3.68) Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech 6'5, 316, 36 1/8 arms

Has the skills to be a top 10 OT in the league. 1st round talent. Immediate starter at RT.

3.94) Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State 6'2, 226

Prescott has NFL size, mobility and enough arm. Needs work on mechanics. Drops due to the DUI he had two days after his pro day.

4.105) Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri 6'1, 235

One of the most instinctive players in the draft. Not the fastest or athletic LB in the draft but you can't ignore his instincts and production. Another great 3rd round LB picked by Baalke. Will challenge to start right away and at the very least he will get his fair share of snaps

4.133) Willie Henry, DT, Michigan 6'3, 303, 33 3/8" arms

34 tackles, 10 for loss, 6.5 sacks as a senior. Has the abilities to be a starter down the road.

5.142) DJ White, CB, Georgia Tech 5'11, 193

Team captain and 3 year starter. Not the best ball skills but his fantastic instincts, athleticism and press cover skills.

5.145) Evan Bohm, OC, Missouri 6'2, 302, 31 5'8" arms

Tough as nails. Commands a locker room and is a natural leader. Outstanding power at the point of attack. I think he can come in and challenge Kilgore right away to be a starter.

5.174) Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State 5'10, 177

He is a better receiver and kick returner than a RB. Not a great pass blocker but he offers skills as a home run hitter and 3rd down back. Electric returner.

6.178) Vernon Adams, QB, Oregon 6'0, 200

Very limited experience but works hard. Had a very good year.

6.207) Kenny Lawler, WR, Cal 6'2, 203

13 TD's last year. Could be very good as a slot receiver

6.211) Thomas Duarte, TE, UCLA 6'2, 231

Fantastic move TE potential. 53 rec, 572 yards and 10 TD's last year.

6.213) DJ Pettway, OLB, Alabama 6'2, 265

Powerful player. Able to set the edge. NFL toughness. Probably would have had better stats if he played more snaps.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Highly doubt we take a wr at 7 but otherwise nice job
We have bigger needs than wide receiver. It makes no sense to draft a receiver at 7 especially after trading your quarterback who's going to throw it to him? I'm not convinced Gabbert's the answer

Round 1 I definitely see us getting either a QB, pass rusher or O-lineman.
Don't mind the back half of the draft, but I think some of those guys will go earlier.

That's way to early for Treadwell and Jenkins, IMO. Maybe in a trade back scenario we grab a WR, but I like Doctson and Coleman later in the round. Jenkins doesn't have a very high ceiling as a pass rusher, so I wouldn't touch him in the 2nd. Good player though.
I dont see Lawler lasting that long, have to admit picking WR at #7 doesn't make any sense when a legit elite QB will be there or a dominant DT & OT.... So yes Baalke could pull the trigger on Treadwell
Yea, let's build an o-line and have no receivers to throw to. It's pretty obvious by now that Patton and Ellington aren't exactly gonna scare anyone on defense and who knows if Smelter will even work out! I see no point of taking a qb at 7 if he's gonna prob get thrown into the fire with no weapons around him. I've seen a lot of mocks and I STILL don't see anything great about Buckner, especially if he's taken at #7. If Treadwell is there at 7 I would quickly take him because with the way things have gone for this team the past 3 years, one of our division rivals will pick him and quite possibly light us up for years. This is my opinion, no one is expected to agree with me and don't go crucifying me for it.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by job2436:
Yea, let's build an o-line and have no receivers to throw to. It's pretty obvious by now that Patton and Ellington aren't exactly gonna scare anyone on defense and who knows if Smelter will even work out! I see no point of taking a qb at 7 if he's gonna prob get thrown into the fire with no weapons around him. I've seen a lot of mocks and I STILL don't see anything great about Buckner, especially if he's taken at #7. If Treadwell is there at 7 I would quickly take him because with the way things have gone for this team the past 3 years, one of our division rivals will pick him and quite possibly light us up for years. This is my opinion, no one is expected to agree with me and don't go crucifying me for it.

IMO it is not in your teams best interest to draft somebody because you are afraid a team in your division will draft him and possibly have some success against you in the future.

IMO you build from the inside out, and you absolutely must have a QB. What good is having a top notch receiver if your qb is always running for his life or he can't hit the broad side of a barn?
I think this mock looks great.

Most of this board feels like we're "good enough" at WR but I think that's nuts. I've been saying for the last 5 years that WR a huge need for us. I maintain that our weak WR group is what cost us 3 solid shots at a superbowl championship with Harbaugh. So I have NO PROBLEM drafting Treadwell in the first.

I like your other picks a lot too. But there's a few I think you've got slotted pretty late. You never know with WRs these days, but I don't think Lawler will last until the 6th. I like him a lot though, and would be stoked to have him on the team. Even if we drafted him a few rounds earlier than you have him.

Same goes for Brothers. I like him, but I thought he was predicted to go a big higher.

Anyway, I'd be one VERY happy 9er fan if this worked out this way. Nice job.
Originally posted by Tman:

IMO it is not in your teams best interest to draft somebody because you are afraid a team in your division will draft him and possibly have some success against you in the future.

IMO you build from the inside out, and you absolutely must have a QB. What good is having a top notch receiver if your qb is always running for his life or he can't hit the broad side of a barn?

So what was the point of drafting o-linemen last yr??
  • Tman
  • Veteran

So what was the point of drafting o-linemen last yr??

Lolol a 6th and 7th round lineman?

Should they come in and be high quality starters right away? Players drafted that late are usually lucky to become backups, with a very few becoming starters. They need time to develop, fingers crossed brown can be something.

Our need for solid lineman and the answer at QB severely outweighs our need for wr right now.

Hate Treadwell in round 1 no need for an elite WR if we don't have a QB.

Really Excellent call Tman!
Figures you'd draft WR with #7 overall and don't buy the hype on Goff while thinking Gabbert can be great...

Gabbert is a lesser version of Alex Smith. Draft Goff if he's there and let him sit for a year behind Gabbert then watch him flourish.
Originally posted by genus49:
Figures you'd draft WR with #7 overall and don't buy the hype on Goff while thinking Gabbert can be great...

Gabbert is a lesser version of Alex Smith. Draft Goff if he's there and let him sit for a year behind Gabbert then watch him flourish.

Well we won games with Alex Smith. KC made the playoffs with him. We would have been better off keeping him over Kap. Check out the stats I posted about Gabbert playing all 16. They would have been pretty damn nice behind our brutal line last year.

I look at Goff and I don't see a QB who is better than Gabbert. We are in no position to draft a rookie QB with a top 10 pick and hope he turns into Montana. This team has so many holes. If he busts it would set this franchise back 5 years.

Torrey Smith, Bruce Ellington and DeAndre Smelter at WR? No thanks. That is almost worse than our 2011 group with Crabtree, Kyle Williams and Brett Swain. We absolutely MUST add a #1 WR.

I'm shocked you aren't defending Kap anymore. You spent the better part of 2 years defending him and bashing everyone else possible for his failures as a QB. Everything I told you and your twin came true. I said it all 2 years ago and you fought be tooth and nail about it. But, I don't expect you to be a man and admit I was right and you were horrificly wrong.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 20, 2016 at 12:40 PM ]
If you "don't buy into the hype" of Goff it's one thing but draft a player that makes sense we need pass rushers and offensive linemen way more than a receiver if Buckner or Stanley is there absolutely draft them ahead of Treadwell.
Share 49ersWebzone