There are 172 users in the forums

New Mock Plan

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Pre-Draft Trades:

(1) Colin Kaepernick for Broncos 5th and conditional 2017 pick (3rd to 6th contingent on performance)
(2) Brandon Thomas and 5th round pick for Titans Justin Hunter - WR
(3) Tank Carradine for Cowboys 5th round pick.

Additional FA Signings (1 year, vet min deals):

Zach Brown - ILB - Titans: Speedy 3-4 ILB that may provide an upgrade to Wilhoite.
Manuel Ramirez - C/OG - Lions: Good zone offensive lineman that provides depth at G and C.

NFL Draft:

R1: Jared Goff - QB - Cal: New franchise QB and day 1 starter. Nuff said.

49ers trade 2nd and 4th for Broncos 1st round pick

R1: Emmanuel Ogbah - DE/OLB - Oklahoma St. (via DEN): Pass rush x2. Ogbah, Lynch, and Brooks should be a solid trio in our 3-4 scheme.

49ers trade 3rd and 5th (via SD) for Patriots 2nd round pick

R2: Chris Jones - DT/DE - Miss. St (via NE): D-line depth to provide interior pass rush in 4-2-5 schemes.

R4: Tyler Ervin - RB - SJSU (comp): Speedy back for Kelly's scheme. Threat in the run and passing games.

R5: Connor McGovern - OT/OG - Mizzou (via DEN): Similar skill set to Beadles, McGovern is strong and athletic. Competes with Tiller at RG.

R5: Alex McCalister - DE/LB - Florida (comp): Beast on the field but dumb off the field. Lynch 2.0 perhaps?

R6: Trevone Boykin - QB/RB - TCU (via DAL): Gritty player that can provide value as an emergency 3rd QB or RB.

R6: Derrick Kindred - S - TCU: Compact safety in a similar mold as Dante Whitner. Provides depth at S as Ward is moved full time to CB.

R6: Alex Erickson - WR - Wisconsin (comp): PS Player provides depth at the unit.

R6: Tyler Johnstone - OT - Oregon (comp): 2nd day player available late due to medical issues.

NFL Draft:

Base Offense

QB: Goff*/Gabbert (PS - Boykin)
RB: Hyde/Davis/Ervin*/Draughn
TE: McDonald/Celek/Bell

WR: Smith/Ellington
WR: Patton/Smelter*
WR: Hunter*/Rogers*

LT: Staley/Johnstone*
LG: Beadles*
C: Kilgore/Ramirez*
RG: Tiller/McGovern*
RT: Davis*/Brown

4-2-5 Defense

DE: Brooks/Ogbah*
DT: Armstead/Dial
DT: Jones*/Williams/Purcell
DE: Lynch/Harold/McCalister*

LB: Bowman/Brown*
LB: Hodges/Skov

CB: Johnson/Acker
CB: Ward/Reaser
FS: Reid/Kindred*
SS: Bethea/Tartt/McCray
CB: Brock/Cromartie

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson
I'm thinking Kap stays and 1ce hes around Chip he will feel welcomed bc it seems Chip wants to work with him and coach him..so that would screw up the whole mock right..? lol but say he gets traded I do really like the Justin Hunter trade if it happened..i was a big fan of him coming out and hes still young..and the draft is good especially the 1st 3 picks..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'm thinking Kap stays and 1ce hes around Chip he will feel welcomed bc it seems Chip wants to work with him and coach him..so that would screw up the whole mock right..? lol but say he gets traded I do really like the Justin Hunter trade if it happened..i was a big fan of him coming out and hes still young..and the draft is good especially the 1st 3 picks..

Kap is as good as gone. Anything Chip or Baalke say concerning Kap at this moment is to raise his value.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Kap is as good as gone. Anything Chip or Baalke say concerning Kap at this moment is to raise his value.

+1
Only one question. Do you honestly think anyone would trade for Brandon Thomas? The guy hasn't played a down on a mediocre team. He had a great reputation coming in, but he's done nothing. Would like a young WR like Hunter, but the Niners have to offer something reasonable in return.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Only one question. Do you honestly think anyone would trade for Brandon Thomas? The guy hasn't played a down on a mediocre team. He had a great reputation coming in, but he's done nothing. Would like a young WR like Hunter, but the Niners have to offer something reasonable in return.

Conditional 2017 pick is included in the trade. Thomas is a good fit for their scheme and they need interior depth and starting talent. And Hunter is expandable with 3-4 WRs ahead of Hunter on the depth chart.

I think it's a fair trade.
Nice Geek, your compensation for Kap hits the reality meter. I would be overjoyed with this draft. My only concern is will Goff be there at 7? I don't think so, The Rams owner is buying a ranch in Texas worth 3/4's of a billion dollars, I'm sure he can move up and get Wentz or Goff. I don't think the team can wait and have a QB fall to them. Will they act?
I like most of the players but I don't see Balke giving up a 4th rounder to move up into the bottom of the first for an OLB. OLB is pretty deep with us being a 3/4 team. I see him jumping up for a WR, a tackle or a Dlineman. We are sitting in a good spot in round 2 to draft one of the players we have a first round grade on. I think Balke would be more likely to package some picks for an extra early 2nd round pick. I also don't see us trading Thomas before he sees the field nor any team willing to trade for him before he sees the field. I think we would be better off trading Kap for Denvers 3rd round pick an Ryan Clady since Denvers dumping him anyway.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I like most of the players but I don't see Balke giving up a 4th rounder to move up into the bottom of the first for an OLB. OLB is pretty deep with us being a 3/4 team. I see him jumping up for a WR, a tackle or a Dlineman. We are sitting in a good spot in round 2 to draft one of the players we have a first round grade on. I think Balke would be more likely to package some picks for an extra early 2nd round pick. I also don't see us trading Thomas before he sees the field nor any team willing to trade for him before he sees the field. I think we would be better off trading Kap for Denvers 3rd round pick an Ryan Clady since Denvers dumping him anyway.

OLB is not deep with us at all, only dependable piece is Lynch. Brooks is on borrowed time but can still play some and Harold has yet to develop into a true pass rusher. Besides you can never have too many pass rushers.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:

OLB is not deep with us at all, only dependable piece is Lynch. Brooks is on borrowed time but can still play some and Harold has yet to develop into a true pass rusher. Besides you can never have too many pass rushers.

I think he meant OLB deep in the draft or I could be wrong.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Nice Geek, your compensation for Kap hits the reality meter. I would be overjoyed with this draft. My only concern is will Goff be there at 7? I don't think so, The Rams owner is buying a ranch in Texas worth 3/4's of a billion dollars, I'm sure he can move up and get Wentz or Goff. I don't think the team can wait and have a QB fall to them. Will they act?

Great call out - and I agree it's a concern. I think my main concern is the Baltimore Ravens. They need to plug a lot of holes, and they can get a nice OT at 15 instead of 6th.

Baalke and Newsome have a great relationship, so hopefully that could help insulate a deal where we give up a 3rd or 4th to move up 1 spot.
Share 49ersWebzone