There are 227 users in the forums

RB Tyler Ervin

I'd love to get this guy. He or Lasco would do well with Chip. If you go Ervin, you get a guy who can take over PR duties, then go after Morgan Burns later to play corner and KR.
haven't watched much on this kid but the 1 highlight I seen he has crazy burst and acceleration..1 cut and accelerates..impressive from the little bit ive seen..

[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 20, 2016 at 7:11 PM ]
A very versatile weapon. I drool thinking of the many different ways that Chip could use him
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This kid's a heckuva player...both on offense and ST's. My only question is, we already have DuJuan Harris, Ellington, etc...do we really need another fast guy? I'm sure Ervin would catch a lot of balls in space...but, so would Harris & Ellington (whom Kelly really likes). He also had a ton of touches at SJ St...might he be injury prone in the NFL? I wouldn't be disappointed if Baalke takes him...but, I'd like to see a RB with size on the roster, too.

You can never have too much explosion in one offense. I know Harris faired well for us when we picked him up but I can't help but to think there was a reason that he is now on his 8th team. Yes sometimes these journeyman players finally find their niche and make a career for themselves. But more times than not they don't. I'd still like to get Ervin and may the best man win. With all the draft picks we have, there is going to be some fun competitions to watch this summer.
Wow this guy has ridiculous burst after 5 yards he's full speed out running everybody. He's also our punt return it. No more converting fourth-round receiver or a second round running back when they aren't good at punt returns. This guy is electric we need to take him even if we spend a third round pick. I hope we can get him in the fourth or fifth but this guy might be worth a late third or how even an early third if it would shore up our return game and have a great backup running back they could burn everyone and take it for a touchdown at any given time
Originally posted by YungAce:

I'm sold..the 2nd highlight video was great..he is fast and his 1 cut to get to his speed is crazy..and I'm unsure what conference his college is in but they played good teams in the video...would not mind spend a 5th on him..
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
I'd love to get this guy. He or Lasco would do well with Chip. If you go Ervin, you get a guy who can take over PR duties, then go after Morgan Burns later to play corner and KR.

I believe Baalke takes either Ervin or Lasco in the 4th RD.
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by saniner:

I believe Baalke takes either Ervin or Lasco in the 4th RD.

would love Ervin...thoughts on Paul Perkins?
San Jose State RB Tyler Ervin worked out for the Patriots, Texans and Bengals.

The Saints are the next team on tap. Ervin reminds us so much of Andre Ellington, and even though we overvalued Ellington's game out of Clemson, the two share traits to help NFL rosters. Ervin has so much speed to maximize lanes and win in space, and he is also a very comfortable receiver. A third day selection should be in his future.

Don't see the excitement over him. He seems like a poor man's LaMichael James.
As a day 2 3rd down back, I'd consider Byron Marshall from Oregon. He was over-shadowed by all the offensive talent at Oregon during his career, but was very productive when he played. He played both RB and WR and is a very good receiver out of the backfield. He was a tougher between the tackles runner than LMJ but not as much of a home run threat.

He's certainly not a power back but he doesn't shy away from contact.

Fully expect him to be a 49er on Day 3. I, as many others, have had him in all of my mocks as he just makes a ton of sense in Chip's system, will be available on Day 3 and fills 3 different needs (CoP back/PR/KR)
Originally posted by Trath44:
As a day 2 3rd down back, I'd consider Byron Marshall from Oregon. He was over-shadowed by all the offensive talent at Oregon during his career, but was very productive when he played. He played both RB and WR and is a very good receiver out of the backfield. He was a tougher between the tackles runner than LMJ but not as much of a home run threat.

He's certainly not a power back but he doesn't shy away from contact.

Day two pick? Marshall isn't even gonna be drafted IMO...bring him in as a UDFA but your still need to draft a COP and Irvin fits the bill.
Share 49ersWebzone