LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

RB Tyler Ervin

SJ State RB Tyler Ervin draws a crowd. A look at who was on hand ... #49ers, #Raiders, #Steelers, #Seahawks https://t.co/nD1HetDmsE
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Mar 16, 2016 at 5:12 PM ]
One of the fastest RB's in the draft; perfect RB for Chip's system and compliment to Hyde. Elusive as well. Think Joe McKnight at USC when he was good lol.

Not to mention SJSU alumni I've seen the guy play many times. He WAS the offense......

Biggest question mark is his size: 5'10 192 lbs
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:10 AM ]
Dont follow SJSU football so this is really the 1st time hearing about this kid. So i ask who does he compare at the NFL level?
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134972/tyler-ervin
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Dont follow SJSU football so this is really the 1st time hearing about this kid. So i ask who does he compare at the NFL level?

Some are saying Sproles and others say Andre Ellington from the cardinals
Ervin looks like he could play some slot receiver
Speed back that had no issues running between the tackles and a fantastic return man. I've put him in all of my mocks hoping we grab him. Seeing Chip at his pro day was just
Seems pretty clear we need a speedier RB that can work well in the passing game. And this draft seems to have a lot of those guys.

How would you guys rank those types of RBs? Backs I'm thinking of are:

Procisce
Perkins
Drake
Lasco
Dixon
Ervin

Who am I missing and how would you rank them?
Originally posted by KajunNiner:

Some are saying Sproles and others say Andre Ellington from the cardinals

I like

Any idea what round he might be taken?
I like

Any idea what round he might be taken?

Should be the 4th or 5th

Wow--I love this guy. If we can get him I see him making a huge difference in the return game and on 3rd downs . Definitely with a 4th or 5th
I'm jumping on the bandwagon I like with one of our 4ths or 5ths
This kid's a heckuva player...both on offense and ST's. My only question is, we already have DuJuan Harris, Ellington, etc...do we really need another fast guy? I'm sure Ervin would catch a lot of balls in space...but, so would Harris & Ellington (whom Kelly really likes). He also had a ton of touches at SJ St...might he be injury prone in the NFL? I wouldn't be disappointed if Baalke takes him...but, I'd like to see a RB with size on the roster, too.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

4th round comp pick. Bewm!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

4th round comp pick. Bewm!

lol make it happen
Share 49ersWebzone