LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Selecting the 7th overall

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Jack if he's there

I'd prefer Buckner

favorite players

Brain says Jack..... if not then buckner

but heart is willing to take the risk with Goff!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Goff
Wentz
Jack
Buckner

One of those 4 will be here

Don't want Stanley or treadwell

not so sure that's guaranteed. i think you're assuming a qb falls but someone could very well trade up. or the chargers could do the unthinkable and draft the leftover qb after the browns

but i agree with not drafting stanley or treadwell at 7
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Goff
Wentz
Jack
Buckner

One of those 4 will be here

Don't want Stanley or treadwell

not so sure that's guaranteed. i think you're assuming a qb falls but someone could very well trade up. or the chargers could do the unthinkable and draft the leftover qb after the browns

but i agree with not drafting stanley or treadwell at 7

I'm not projecting trades because who knows and even if someone does move up for a QB that means anther good player drops

Honestly I just don't see these Qbs as can't miss trade away your picks type of Qbs.
I'd narrow it down to Buckner, Jack, or Goff. One of them will be available at 7, most likely Goff.

The need for a franchise QB trumps everything for me, so Goff is really appealing. I like him better than Wentz.

Buckner and Jack are studs. If we get one of them at 7 I'll be extremely happy too.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 16, 2016 at 5:29 PM ]
I see 6 players that we should target at #7:

Tunsil
Bosa
Buckner
Jack
Wentz
Goff

I'm hoping Ramsey and/or Elliot go before we pick. It'll assure one of the guys above will be there when we draft. We never know what Baalke will do, but there should be a talented player falling into our
laps.
Shoulda been a poll. Myles Jack Hands Down
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Myles Jack at #7
Jaylon Smith in the 3rd.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Jack
Goff
Jack!! He is the next P willy !

If the 49ers want Goff or Wentz they may have to trade up. Is Baalke willing to do so? My answer is no, Jack or Buckner seem like the logical alternatives. If one of the two QB's are there at 7 there could be some interesting trade down scenarios. Is Baalke slow or nervous on the draw? This draft could make or break his GM position in SF.
Ian Williams resigning kinda puts Buckner in doubt. I'd be happy with Jack or Goff. But who knows maybe Baalke will pull some BS pick and select a guy nobody expects with like a 3rd round grade. He's done it before (Jenkins, Ward)
Aj Jenkins
Jack or Buckner.
Then Baalke will trade our 2nd and a 4th & 5th pick (or our 2nd and CK) to Denver for their first, jumping ahead of a bunch of teams that passed on QB in the 1st round, and pick his QB muse Cook.
Originally posted by strickac:
I see 6 players that we should target at #7:

Tunsil
Bosa
Buckner
Jack
Wentz
Goff

I'm hoping Ramsey and/or Elliot go before we pick. It'll assure one of the guys above will be there when we draft. We never know what Baalke will do, but there should be a talented player falling into our
laps.

My list would be:
1. Wentz
2. Ramsey
3. Jack
4. Goff
5. Buckner
6. Tunsil

Worst case for me is if those 6 are gone and we take Bosa at 7. This is assuming Anthony Davis comes back - if he doesn't, Tunsil jumps up 4 spots to #2 after Wentz. Not sure why you want Ramsey gone before we pick - he may be the best player in the draft, so even if CB isn't a huge need, I'd be thrilled if he's there at 7. Elliot going in the top 6 would be sweet because it would push a better player to us, but I can't see a team reaching for a RB that high who isn't special.
Share 49ersWebzone